Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1045611)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed and David Pitchforth suggests Pizzonia "didn't always respect the team"
Old 24 Jul 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1045619)   #52
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Indeed and David Pitchforth suggests Pizzonia "didn't always respect the team"
Noooooo, it wouldnt be like Pitchforth to speak his mind to the press! (poor attempt at sarcasm)

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 24 Jul 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1045717)   #53
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Well, let's see...

Pizza boy has (in a Williams)outqualified Webber (in a Jag) by 25/100 in Germany - and almost a second slower than JPM in the same car. Some things never change.

I think this argument has been settled....Webber to williams, Pizza boy to DTM.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1045726)   #54
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love the way people jump to conclusions so quickly!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1045745)   #55
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, maybe we should wait for the race tomorrow. If they're on the same strategy, then Pizzonia's quali lap wasn't very good. Maybe that was just one of those things, or maybe it shows the immense pressure that sits on an F1 driver's shoulders in quali and the race. It's ok being quick in testing and practice (which Pizzonia doubtless is), but you have to be able to do that under pressure too.

It's good to see that Pizzonia feels more at home at Williams and feels he has the respect of the team. What he ought to have learnt is that any team member from driver to tea lady has to earn that respect. From the various comments by those involved, for whatever reason that respect wasn't earned at Jaguar. But I doubt that was either entirely Pizzonia's or Jaguar's fault.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1045762)   #56
Burton
Rookie

Burton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the truth is out there and was mentioned in an earlier post, not only my own post but the one with quotes from DavePitchforth, the cars were the same. Without going into any detail (to protect my own position) I have it from someone who knows what goes on to each and every stewart/jag car that they are always the same. There are obviously going to be exceptions, like the Indy engine, there was only one engine. And you could say that Webber came off worst there, it wasn't as well proven as the earlier one and let him down in the race. What would have been said after the race had that engine been in CK's car and spent the entire race on the back of a truck? Anyway if you were a team owner who woul you give the best engine to at that stage in the season? The proven guy or the not so proven guy? There was no hard feeling in the team about it, it was purely done to push the team forward as soon as possible. Just what GP racing should be about.
Now stop whining and wait and see what happens in the race!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1045820)   #57
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I just ask all the doubters here how many of Antonio's races you have actually seen?
Old 24 Jul 2004, 17:51 (Ref:1045844)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sam Michael was saying stuff after qualifying that indicated Pizzonia simply did a poor job today.

He needs time....he has the speed. But he has to unlock it at an actual GP....and fast!

For the sake of his career.......
Old 24 Jul 2004, 17:54 (Ref:1045848)   #59
Kicking-back
Veteran

Antonio was good in F3, erratic in F3000 and so far erratic in F1.

He may get better, he may not.

Time will tell.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1045853)   #60
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what about FVJ and FR then k-b? Care to comment on those championships too?
Old 24 Jul 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1045859)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Irrespective of the Webber stuff, it is quite an ask to expect someone to perform to their best on their first competitive outing. F1 is harsh like that and I'm not saying much slack should be given, but perhaps it is a consideration when assessing someone.

Whatever he still needs to have a good performance soon.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1045866)   #62
Kicking-back
Veteran

Generally, opinions of drivers on forums like this one and others are much harsher than the opinions and expectations held by the teams.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1045906)   #63
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then again it's not like Pizzonia isn't ultra familiar with the car and remember he's already had one chance at Jag in the pressure cooker of competition it isnt like they just dropped an untried F3 or F3000 driver in the seat...however I think we should see how he races tomorrow
Old 24 Jul 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1045926)   #64
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not a Pizzonia fan or anything, but I do feel that he was treated unfairly at Jaguar. On Saturday Pizzonia clearly messed up final qualifying. In Q1 he was a second faster than his Q2 time and only 2/10ths off Montoya's provisional pole time.

Both Williams and Jaguar are really poor at driver relations, etc. Sam Michaels has now critisized Pizzonia for messing up qualifying. http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30761 IMO that's pretty harsh, especially considering that there have been times that Ralf and even JPM have been faster and messed up qualifying. Williams should be looking at themselves for costing a number of points at Canada and the US GPs. I look at McLaren as rather silly for keeping DC all these years. As a result I don't really like them, but I really hope they beat the ******** at Williams.

[EDIT: langauge /EDIT]

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Jul 2004 at 21:29.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 22:06 (Ref:1045994)   #65
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think this argument has been settled....Webber to williams, Pizza boy to DTM.
......NO pizza boy to V8 supercars. Anyway pizza at 10 and webber 11. Beating webber still doesnt impress me (and possibly the team) since team mate JPM is at P2. I wonder what jungles boys excuse this time?
Old 24 Jul 2004, 22:08 (Ref:1045996)   #66
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia was mega in F3 - he needs to find some way to get back to his racing childhood innocence and simplicity in his head.

I don't quite know why Michael is being so critical already - such pressure wasn't put on Marc Gene during the past few races.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 00:13 (Ref:1046086)   #67
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
funny how those who are putting pizzonia down as a driver are all webber supporters from OZ!

Even if pizzonia is better that webber ( which i think he is, has more natural ability, but lacks the experience) you wouldnt admit to it anyway!

I just look forward to the day when webber is put to the test with a decent driver and will prove the theory that jag gave the 2nd driver 3rd rate parts! im sure the same happened at minardi, paul stoddart being an aussie naturally favoured webber...

But webber is no raikkonen, or alonso! I`d rate sato better that him too!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 01:42 (Ref:1046137)   #68
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All you gotta do is go back and look at his earlier career. A fast lap here or there, but's that's all he could do and all he will ever be able to do. I'm tired of listening to all the griping and moaning, as he's another spoilt rich kid who never worked a day in his life. Good performances in the jag were one thing that couldn't be bought. He knew full well what he was getting into, so the fact that he is still going on about it a year later tells me the blame is fully at his door. boo hoo.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 06:54 (Ref:1046344)   #69
Kicking-back
Veteran

Tough game, this Formula One.

Hard to impress, these ten-tenthers!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1046453)   #70
Fondmetal
Rookie

sam was bang out of order for his comments, after all look at his cock ups when he took over as tech director, not once, not twice, but 3 times he ****ed up!!

so heshould cut the slack and give pizzonia some support!

while id love pizzonia to be in a williams agaibst webber, some how i feel sam will favour webber as webber is a fellow countryman and the next driver if at all is not mentally strong like jv or monto they have had it! look at hhf v jv in 97/98?
Old 25 Jul 2004, 09:38 (Ref:1046456)   #71
Kicking-back
Veteran

Sam Michael won't be favouring one driver or the other.

Sir Frank and Patrick still own and run the team, even though Sam's promotion to technical director is giving him a lot of profile at the moment.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 09:56 (Ref:1046475)   #72
Fondmetal
Rookie

not doing a very good job mind u!! bring back head!!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 09:56 (Ref:1046477)   #73
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Even if pizzonia is better that webber ( which i think he is, has more natural ability, but lacks the experience) you wouldnt admit to it anyway!
Spoilt rich kid........before jag he was a tester for williams, then jag then a tester again. Its not experience he needs but skill. Jungle boy clearly hasnt shown any, especially coming in P10 to montys P2.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1046487)   #74
Kicking-back
Veteran

So Montoya's never had a bad qualifying session in his F1 career has he?
Old 25 Jul 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1046506)   #75
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's see how he does in the race. On pace he could've started in the top 3 rows, no doubt about it, but it sees like Montoay put a particularly good qualifying run together. And every driver has the odd poor run in qualifying, even Michael.

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 25 Jul 2004 at 10:24.