Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2009, 01:55 (Ref:2525838)   #51
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it could go either way I guess. Looking at the partial release of the '10 rules, Drayson chose about as good as it gets for next year. The Lola B09/60 Judd will garner the most from rules.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2525844)   #52
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry folks ..... I was talking about the Racing Box entry ..... Ive just realised that the Drayson machine is a full blown LMP1 effort !!!

Brilliant .... be great to see what Bell and Cocker can come up with in this beast , looks gorgeous too .
Old 22 Aug 2009, 03:02 (Ref:2525851)   #53
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First, I agree with HORNDAWG in that Drayson chose about as good as it gets. The car looks great. Wonderful livery. The color is wonderful. We shall see how it goes, I guess. I really wish them well.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 04:14 (Ref:2525867)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I must admit , Im looking forward to seeing this car go .

Its a great car ..... a solid engine and two fast drivers in it . There certainly doesnt seem to a shortage of spondoolies and some great engineering crew as well . Looks great .

What tyres are they running please ?

Yeah ..... the car looks brilliant too ..... Im rootin for'em !!!
Old 22 Aug 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2525883)   #55
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I thought I heard that they're running on Michelins, but don't quote me on that.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 05:04 (Ref:2525889)   #56
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I thought I heard that they're running on Michelins, but don't quote me on that.

Yes, you heard right.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2526009)   #57
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Sorry folks ..... I was talking about the Racing Box entry ..... Ive just realised that the Drayson machine is a full blown LMP1 effort !!!

Brilliant .... be great to see what Bell and Cocker can come up with in this beast , looks gorgeous too .
And Drayson too. We've seen far worse in LMP1. No names. Amanda Stretton. Oops!
Old 23 Aug 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2526772)   #58
bjwedgemtu
Rookie

bjwedgemtu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Judd engine is a damn good one. The dome S102 used a judd and the pescarlos are always strong. I think the car has a chance to be very competitive.
Old 23 Aug 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2526918)   #59
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
And Drayson too. We've seen far worse in LMP1. No names. Amanda Stretton. Oops!
Amanda Stretton didnt embarass herself, if you want to talk bad, talk Jacques Nicolet, Peter Hein in the P1 Saulnier Pescarolo last year, that was a joke, a car which we all know is very quick and they could barely match a slow P2 car LOL

Im looking forward to Petit now, i would imagine it should do well round petit, Lola Coupe is quick through the bendy bits and good on the brakes and it will have plenty of straight line poke, let Petit come around, although, i would like to see the car at Silverstone in a couple of weeks though.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2527027)   #60
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murph's twitter says the Lola Judd won't be delivered until the team gets to the USA and thus will be tested for the first time in "Jorja". Does this mean Promoter Test Day or will there be a pre-race series test, or perhaps a private test for Drayson?

Chris
Old 24 Aug 2009, 14:13 (Ref:2527304)   #61
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Murph's twitter says the Lola Judd won't be delivered until the team gets to the USA and thus will be tested for the first time in "Jorja". Does this mean Promoter Test Day or will there be a pre-race series test, or perhaps a private test for Drayson?

Chris
I believe that the plan is for a shakedown at Silverstone, then the car will be shipped to Georgia where it will run the weekend before Petit. I'm pretty sure that's an open test that several teams do every year.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2527328)   #62
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can set up some cones in my neighborhood if they need me to.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2527409)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I can set up some cones in my neighborhood if they need me to.
not sure how well an LMP1 will do with the speed humps....Marta buses will move faster thru your hood.

i'm stoked about seeing (and hearing) this car in person!
Old 24 Aug 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2527527)   #64
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitec21 View Post
I believe that the plan is for a shakedown at Silverstone, then the car will be shipped to Georgia where it will run the weekend before Petit. I'm pretty sure that's an open test that several teams do every year.
That was the plan, but the bear seems to think the car won't be ready.

Chris
Old 25 Aug 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2528043)   #65
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bear was (I'm sure) refering to testing by the team, in which drivers can get familiar, engineers work on set-up etc. Lola's shakedown doesn't count for that.

Whether it makes the test the prior Sunday or not, the first the team will lay its hands on it will be - as the Bear was told - in Georgia.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2528083)   #66
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Roebling Road? Great place to settle in without the pressure
Old 27 Aug 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2529256)   #67
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've really grown fond of the Vantage. Hopefully someone picks one up and races it.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2529317)   #68
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I've really grown fond of the Vantage. Hopefully someone picks one up and races it.
There is still the JWA one.

Tom.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2529356)   #69
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
There's also the Hexis Racing Vantage that has run 2 FIA-GTs so far this year, Silverstone and Oschersleben, and is listed on their full year entry list. That entry has done quite well, qualifying 2nd at Silverstone and finishing 2nd at Ochersleben. Hopefully we will see more of them.

DK
Old 27 Aug 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2529364)   #70
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
There is still the JWA one.

Tom.

Hmm, not to be niggly or anything, but, just how many races has the JWA Vantage been in this year? 0
And how many total? 1

L.P.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 16:37 (Ref:2529365)   #71
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
There's also the Hexis Racing Vantage that has run 2 FIA-GTs so far this year, Silverstone and Oschersleben, and is listed on their full year entry list. That entry has done quite well, qualifying 2nd at Silverstone and finishing 2nd at Ochersleben. Hopefully we will see more of them.

DK

As a sprinter, maybe.

L.P.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2529934)   #72
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
From memory, Hexis used the factory development car at Silverstone, and had support from a number of AMR crew. When Prodrive announced the possibility of the DBR9 being redeveloped to Ratel's 2010 FIA GT regs, it wasn't long before Hexis announced their intention to enter the FIA series in '10- so I wonder if their future plans might be based around the 2010-spec DBR9, rather than the Vantage?
Old 10 Sep 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2537507)   #73
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just thought of this: how are they going to fit the british flag on the much smaller roof?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Draped across the complete rear of the car, from the doors back??

Looks like it fits pretty well! Here from E.I.

L.P.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2537767)   #74
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Looks like it fits pretty well! Here from E.I.

L.P.
I just saw that! It does look good, and I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2537891)   #75
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
via Lord Drayson twitter.

Sound clip of the new Judd engined Lola flying down the pit straight during today's shakedown at Silverstone. There's also a sweet looking pic on the other side of that link.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/62076