Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 May 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2694179)   #51
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good.
We can discuss the details when I next pop in for a cup of tea!
Old 25 May 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2698066)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Not sure what ive missed but never mind. John do you fancy a trip over too Henley on Thames June 12th/13th. Terrance is comming and Mike Bell. You could hitch a lift.
John will have to bring his BMW- for the classic car display
Old 27 May 2010, 09:37 (Ref:2699102)   #53
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for invitation but probably won't be able to make it. M6 for sale by the way (it needs plenty of work). If I did turn up it would probably be in my old E12 M535i, which really is in good enough condition to put in the display.

However, enough of this. What about the thread topic?
Old 27 May 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2699171)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,exactly John,what was it?
Has the M5 got a cage in it John? I'm sure we could find a slot for it on 15th August.
Old 27 May 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2699421)   #55
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt if there were enough made
Old 27 May 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2699426)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is no E12 M5. It's an M535i and it's a pure road car. I've had it for 13 years. Lovely old thing an now very rare!
Old 27 May 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2699436)   #57
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still doubt if there were enough made

I remember buying a recon gearbox from one that was burnt out in West Belfast. The gbox had just been fitted by Bavarian Garages when it was stolen and I was building an E28 model at the time. That would have been about 1984/5

OT! who said that?
Old 27 May 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2699437)   #58
SAMD
Veteran

The guy I bought it off had a mint 2 stroke Saab Historic rally car. Very unusual.
Old 31 May 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2701650)   #59
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have been given a set of Ruben's last years race suit for the auction. I have had a bid already of £500.00 at Spa yesterday.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 04:20 (Ref:2702260)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't have been Esper,he wouldn't get into them!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:13 (Ref:2702303)   #61
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Couldn't have been Esper,he wouldn't get into them!
The bidder wont either Tel. "you might"
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2702304)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I know that Iain It doe's have it's advantage's though!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2702315)   #63
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
How old are the overalls ? as they must have cost a fair bit when new and in real terms be a bargain to actually use !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2702327)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
GOrdon, the 'dwarfing' surgery would be prohibitive, cheaper to get a tailor made LeMAns classic stand 21 suit!!!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2702329)   #65
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
But Gordon isn't a Tart, Zef.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2702348)   #66
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've seen some of his shirts Terry, he has his moments you know
Old 1 Jun 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2702610)   #67
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've seen some of his shirts Terry, he has his moments you know
When he can be bothered to ware anything that is!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2706141)   #68
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just back from Monza " cream crackered". OK can you all tell me on here or by PM. Who's coming please ,what cars, are you coming Saturday for BBQ.Simple as that.I'm told the web site will be up and running later today.Can i publish the site please John???.I know Fay and Alan are supporting us again but not sure if the Marshals are letting Fay know or me.Thanks in advance.Iain.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2706150)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
See you Sunday Iain.John Smith is off to LM today,so unfortunatly will not be coming.Any chance of a post code please?
Welcome back to the real world,again!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2706205)   #70
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Iain, still coming sunday first thing with my two RS1600s- Gp2 and the road car. If you want latter can go with the AVO guys cars if they are still coming.

Yup, post code would be useful for the old satnav!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2706225)   #71
SAMD
Veteran

I hope that is a 'period' sat nav, and you know how to fold it properly
Old 7 Jun 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2706250)   #72
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
I hope that is a 'period' sat nav
Paraffin powered.............
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2706271)   #73
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Vanalloys Business Park. Stoke Row. Henley on Thames. RG95QW.When you put the post code in use the "Cherry Tree Close" address. otherwise the sat nav takes you along some very narrow roads.I hope some of my 10/10 friends are coming Saturday for BBQ.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2706273)   #74
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sent PM a few days ago. Really sorry I can't make it now due to no engine in the car.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2706409)   #75
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ian, I'll still bring Racewear Sunday but can't make barbie Saturday, shuffling engines around between Ledbury and Wokingham. What sort of time? Presume I need a gaze-bo?