Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jun 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2719356)   #51
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
All the Stewards' decisions are published on the FIA site if you can be bothered to look for them. Specifically documents 52-60.

Gerd Ennser - Germany
Radovan Novak - Czech Republic
Manuel Vidal - Spain
Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Germany
Just as I thought: Four biased Brits!
Old 28 Jun 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2719512)   #52
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
All the Stewards' decisions are published on the FIA site if you can be bothered to look for them. Specifically documents 52-60.

Gerd Ennser - Germany
Radovan Novak - Czech Republic
Manuel Vidal - Spain
Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Germany
I cannot see any better proof for wnut's conspiracy theory there. Wnut, I bow down to your perspicaciousness.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2719525)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I cannot see any better proof for wnut's conspiracy theory there. Wnut, I bow down to your perspicaciousness.
I think you mean perspicacity.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2719594)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
How does Spa 2008 fit into that hypothesis?

Hamilton given a drive through for passing the race leader by cutting across a chicane!

Shocking penalty! Should never have been imposed.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2719601)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Wow!

Were they too quick under the SC? Some of them did bomb round, although the only guy I saw being really quick was TGF. Was it for that? Is it a disgrace?
So who won then?
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2719603)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
So who won then?
Niki Lauda?
Old 29 Jun 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2719626)   #57
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I am relieved as to the make up of the panel.

Next time they better include an interpreter as none of the gentlemen seem able to comprehend the legislation in its written form or understand the rule they are ruling on or the actual penalties that are laid down!
Old 29 Jun 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2719646)   #58
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I apologise the tardiness of the penalty for overtaking the safety car was not the work of the stewards apparently!

From Autosport
By Jonathan Noble Monday, June 28th 2010, 08:37 GMT

Bear in mind that there was probably less than a car's length in it between Lewis and the safety car. Also, there was no back-up timing loop at that point, so Whiting wanted to see footage of the incident. This, initially, was from an angle that was not conclusive and so there was a delay while aerial footage was sought. This confirmed that Hamilton appeared to be guilty but that it was indeed a close call.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2719814)   #59
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
With Schumacher at a stand-still, the approaching car was a non-issue, because it was easily going to get past before Michael got back out onto the track proper. i see no problem here.
Red light remains on until the last car in the train passes the appropriate point (pit exit?). The approaching car was not part of the train, being yet to join the rear and so it was correct for him to be released at that time.

It shouldn't be a problem, because of course the approaching car is at significantly reduced speed as required by the yellow flags and not racing to join the queue. Yeah, right.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2719816)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I apologise the tardiness of the penalty for overtaking the safety car was not the work of the stewards apparently!

From Autosport
By Jonathan Noble Monday, June 28th 2010, 08:37 GMT

Bear in mind that there was probably less than a car's length in it between Lewis and the safety car. Also, there was no back-up timing loop at that point, so Whiting wanted to see footage of the incident. This, initially, was from an angle that was not conclusive and so there was a delay while aerial footage was sought. This confirmed that Hamilton appeared to be guilty but that it was indeed a close call.
For a moment I thought this was referring to England's disallowed goal.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2720211)   #61
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22390.html

The FIA also pointed out that the speeding penalties for cars during their pit stop laps under the Safety Car were relatively lenient because many of them were doing 180mph plus within a couple of hundred metres of the Safety Car line when the car was deployed and could do little about it. They may have broken the letter of the law but not its spirit.
I wonder what sort of speed reduction is required to meet the delta times, say as a percentage increase in lap time? Also by how much the offending drivers were outside that time. It would be reasonable to guess that some were out by a small amount and others much more, yet they all got the same penalty.

I think it is good they are enforcing the rule, but they need to be a) clearer and b) more heavy-handed about it (IMHO), because disrespecting the yellow flag is rampant throughout the sport, to its detriment.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2720215)   #62
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think you mean perspicacity.
I was looking for a really long word, but you are right I think!
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.