Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Aug 2011, 13:54 (Ref:2945141)   #51
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I agree Joe so I will attend for enjoyment and being chief **** taker.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2945176)   #52
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Goodwood Virgins', Barbarella, Glam cabs, hell I may have to go this year. Cars, what cars?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 24 Aug 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2945251)   #53
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do worry about what percentage don`t go for the cars. But just so they can dress up....
Old 24 Aug 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2945275)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
I do worry about what percentage don`t go for the cars. But just so they can dress up....
Let's face it, it is just a big piece of theatre, but a very enjoyable one the many times I have been. As far as the competing cars go, majority now seem to be same from year to year. Many of them I can see or even compete against at other meetings, so the novelty of looking round the paddocks has worn off somewhat. A lot of the races are good to watch, but am quite happy seeing the owners guiding their steeds round rather than a celeb.

All academic as looks likes this year Goody will coincide with moving house. So will have to be content racing at Mallory in the Super / Special / Modsports revival next monday and Spa later in the month. I'm more than happy with that........
Old 24 Aug 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2945298)   #55
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
I do wonder how badly people dress on any normal day
Old 24 Aug 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2945397)   #56
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I do wonder how badly people dress on any normal day
I don't know about you but this is my normal day to day wear !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1111 m.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Aug 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2945471)   #57
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
when I gave up the salary for a hand to mouth existence I actually wore a suit down the workshop for the first day.

Mike I agree, but its a West end production, not a village green fete (although the amateur dramatics can spread far and wide )and there are always a good selection of rarities and oddities on track as well as the lowest common denominators!
Old 25 Aug 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2945603)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
and there are always a good selection of rarities and oddities on track as well as the lowest common denominators!
Yup, that is one reason why I have kept going back. Even more rarities and oddities in the car parks, which is a bit of a distraction!
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:08 (Ref:2945779)   #59
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The original squares behind pits are only accessible to competitors, GRRC members and others that have managed to get a 'paddock access' pass. You can't buy one as a normal punter. Oh, and period attire only- even with a pass you wouldn't get in wearing jeans and trainers.
You need a tie as well!
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2945782)   #60
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
You need a tie as well!
Regimental or will one from M&S suffice?
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2945787)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
You need a tie as well!
Indeed you do- forget that bit!
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2945789)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Regimental or will one from M&S suffice?
Regimental or an appropriate 'old school' issue
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2945793)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I shall be wearing the Cornish tartan tie as usual along with me white overall's that aint so white any more. Sorry me Lord.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2945812)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
cravats pass muster
Old 25 Aug 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2945841)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
cravats pass muster
Perhaps a Cornish tartan cravat for Iain, then.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2945876)   #66
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Indeed you do- forget that bit!
Does it matter if it's holding up your trousers?!
Old 25 Aug 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2945881)   #67
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain's formerly-white overalls had an outing at the Croft Nostalgia Weekend recently, as did his flat cap. Everyone agreed that the ensemble rather suited him, unlike jhh911's "Mr Pastry" moustache, grown especially for the event.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2946265)   #68
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Iain's formerly-white overalls had an outing at the Croft Nostalgia Weekend recently, as did his flat cap. Everyone agreed that the ensemble rather suited him, unlike jhh911's "Mr Pastry" moustache, grown especially for the event.
Are these the ones that you had in mind? Equally two fine moustaches on show outside the Formula Junior tent.
Attached Thumbnails
Iain Rowley at Goodwood 2009.jpg   Comte de Graves with Ashley-Brown Goodwood 2009.jpg  
Old 26 Aug 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2946293)   #69
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there an entry list available yet?
Old 26 Aug 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2946412)   #70
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
That photo of Iain . . . looks like he's concentrating on squeezing something out un-noticed
Old 26 Aug 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2946481)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
That photo of Iain . . . looks like he's concentrating on squeezing something out un-noticed
Iain? Never.......
Old 31 Aug 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2948913)   #72
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Pastry here .A friend of mine in the States has been in touch as he has tickets for the revival and cannot make it.(here is his message)
Goodwood Revival tickets for Sept. 16-18
i've 2 sets of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday tickets;
2 grandstand seats for middle of Woodcote for Sunday; and 1 for Woodcote Saturday,
(fabulous place to watch i'm told--can see them coming in and going out--passing! these are sold out and worth much more)
1 program voucher,
my cost was 450 pounds, or $750 USD all including vat tax which is fine, plus small fee to Fed ex.

Contact direct Jerry Bensinger 330 7595224 days(remember time difference)
E-mail jbenzr@aol.com
Old 6 Sep 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2951543)   #73
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Just over a week to go . . .I'm nearly ready!

Upon closer inspection I found a few of my original steel rims cracked, very discretely at the back, they look perfect in their fresh paint on the front

They've been duly retired and I have refitted the Dunlop D1's. Its a terrifying thought what could have happened.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2951605)   #74
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going on the Saturday, give me a wave! Can you not use alloys Zef? Banded steels always were dodgy.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2951721)   #75
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I'm going on the Saturday, give me a wave! Can you not use alloys Zef? Banded steels always were dodgy.
Come and say hi Al.