Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Apr 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3054194)   #51
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Just got an update from Bernie we now have 36 entrants and several more may make a late entry this could get up to an incredible 40 entrants!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 5 Apr 2012 at 19:25.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3054210)   #52
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
car35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant open the link. Who has been added?
Old 5 Apr 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3054213)   #53
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hang on I made a pdf from an excel file and it doesnt appear to be working I will try to do it the hard way.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3054240)   #54
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ops sorry I got a bit carried away and counted 2nd drivers. The latest list is below and is still 30.

John Dixon 1969 Corvette

Luke Woss 1969 Corvette

John Young / Phil Perryman 1963 Corvette

Julian Bailey Watts 1973 Aston

Rikki Cann 1980 Aston

Chris Scragg 1973 Aston

Terry Gisborne / Joe Jackson 1974 Detomaso

Ian Jacobs 1974 Mercedes

Martin Lofthouse 1977 TR7 V8

John Wilson 1974 MGB V8

Andrew Riley 1974 MGB V8

James Tucker 1971 Marcos

Peter Dodd 1984 TVR

Ian Baldock/Piers Baldock 1969 Mustangx

Gregory Thornton 1964 Ford Falcon

Wayne Langridge 1965 Mustang

Richard Cooke Simon Verschoern 1965 Mustang

Craig Davies 1965 Mustang

Adam Simmons 1968 Mustang

Simon Miller 1965 Mustang

Scott Racing Services 1969 Camaro

Pete Halford Simon Treherne 1969 Camaro

Alan Weyman/Cliff Ryan 1971 Camaro

Simon Lane 1968 Camaro

Barley Mcnaughton Ltd 1967 Camaro

Chas Mallard Nigel Winchester 1967 Camaro

David Edwards 1970 Camaro

John Shoesmith Ray Barrow 1968 Camaro

Chris Wilson Mike Milligan 1966 Camaro

Bernie Chodosh Mark Wright 1959 Corvette
Old 5 Apr 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3054252)   #55
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeH View Post
Terry you not getting all excited again are you
Oh Di, you know me too well! But I still have the vision in my mind of you in the pitlane at Brands last year when you were also getting very excited cheering on the rest of your family!

Look forward to seeing you next weekend.

Terry
Old 5 Apr 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3054267)   #56
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really enjoyed watching your footage Al. Seeing some of that stuff go, it looks very impressive. I'm really tempted to join in at some poiont, but I dread to think where I'd be with 'just' 3.9 litres!
Old 6 Apr 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3054376)   #57
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Paul a series like this is not about winning its about taking part, you can see I was lapped twice by Arthur Thurtle I believe but what a great dice I had with the two Sunbeams and thats what its all about in my book. I left the track feeling like I had a proper race.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3054410)   #58
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Really enjoyed watching your footage Al. Seeing some of that stuff go, it looks very impressive. I'm really tempted to join in at some poiont, but I dread to think where I'd be with 'just' 3.9 litres!
Hi Paul,
Mine's a standard 3.9 ex Range Rover engine too (with 4.6 heads, because of slightly bigger valves) and single Holley carb (not double pumper), mated to a T5 gearbox, quaife diff. Everything else MG, including axle, suspension, rear leaf springs, rear brake drums. Apart from front brake calipers which are from an old SD1 Rover. (Real cutting edge stuff you understand).

Be good to see you out when you can make it. I have raced with TR7 V8s before at your local circuit Oulton Park and at Spa and we should be evenly matched.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3054464)   #59
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Paul a series like this is not about winning its about taking part, you can see I was lapped twice by Arthur Thurtle I believe but what a great dice I had with the two Sunbeams and thats what its all about in my book. I left the track feeling like I had a proper race.

Yes Al, I agree - you looked like you had a great time there dicing with those Tigers! That's what it's all about at the end of the day isn't it? Some awesome looking machines taking part as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modes View Post
Hi Paul,
Mine's a standard 3.9 ex Range Rover engine too (with 4.6 heads, because of slightly bigger valves) and single Holley carb (not double pumper), mated to a T5 gearbox, quaife diff. Everything else MG, including axle, suspension, rear leaf springs, rear brake drums. Apart from front brake calipers which are from an old SD1 Rover. (Real cutting edge stuff you understand).

Be good to see you out when you can make it. I have raced with TR7 V8s before at your local circuit Oulton Park and at Spa and we should be evenly matched.
Yes, you're correct - I am going to have to give it some serious thought. Would definitely provide me with something a bit different to what I'm used to at the moment. And I do love V8s!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3056459)   #60
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just to wet your appetites and remind you how good it was here is some incar from last year from the seat of my IROC-Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZonjiyF4Y

and part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlF9Fzar5Zk
Just got chance to sit and watch these.... Really good. Thanks for putting them on.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3056690)   #61
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I certainly enjoyed it!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3056730)   #62
ClarkyPics
Rookie

ClarkyPics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re : Missed the Cam in Group 1

Hi Al ,

I bet your getting excited about the weekend....
Have you finished racing in the CTCRC? I missed the yellow
Cam in Group 1 on Sunday...

Pics from the weekend http://flickr.com/photos/clarkypics/

Hope the wet weather doesn't show up for us....

Matt Clark
Old 11 Apr 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3057153)   #63
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hi Matt, no not at all I will do some rounds with CTCRC especially the clubs own Mallory event but one has to cut ones cloth accordingly these days.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3058943)   #64
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmmm....interesting - looking at the qualy times, one MGB GT V8 2nd, on 2.09.224, with the other MGB GT V8 in 26th on 2.30.590 (though he didn't have a working transponder)

I also notice that several two-driver cars appear to have completed less than 6 laps.....including our own Al and Cliff........I assume that the requirement for each driver to get at least 3 laps in qualy has been relaxed?

Anyway - I note that if running to time the race will be over by now, so better get back to stalking TSL to get the results as oon as they are uploaded.....

Argh.....Al and Cliff DNF - apparently on the last lap........

Last edited by Lancsbreaker; 14 Apr 2012 at 14:23. Reason: Updated info!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3059125)   #65
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I ran out of petrol on the last lap as I got to the end of the Norwich straight this race was just me cliff and I will be racing tomorrow
Old 14 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3059143)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I ran out of petrol on the last lap as I got to the end of the Norwich straight this race was just me cliff and I will be racing tomorrow
You've been watching too much F1, Al. Should have pressed the fuel saving mode button...

BTW we are all sitting in the Rose Of India after several beers.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3059145)   #67
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Be better if I put enough fuel in the thing to start with.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3059326)   #68
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it was a superb sight - seeing the 27(?) cars on the grid although I did get a bit confused with race order as there were two rolling start grids with the second group actually containing the quicker cars. Might put up a few pics at some although only using my old camera as I've screwed the sensor up completey on my good camera (anyone know a trustworthy person, I could pay to clean sensor/mirror etc in local area - I've given up trying as I keep making it worse!).

Last edited by John Turner; 16 Apr 2012 at 08:01.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3059438)   #69
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry to hear of your lack of go-juice, Al, but pleased it was nothing more serious.

Looking at qualy times today, I'm guessing you did the first 3 laps before handing over to let Cliff get used to it........and judging by his last lap time he'd got the hang of it by then.......looking forward to seeing the race times

Wish I could hear it!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3059532)   #70
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
(anyone know a trustworthy person, I could pay to clean sensor/mirror etc in local area - I've given up trying as I keep making it worse!).
Pity you are not closer to me John (although at the moment I am in Spain)
however I will be at Snett on the 5th of next month and I will have a brilliant camera repairer/technician with me who would probably do it at the track for you !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3059613)   #71
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
See you put enough fuel in this time, Al.........quite a few none finishers, though!

I think you need to practice your pit-stops!
Old 15 Apr 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3059807)   #72
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So back from a cold & windy Snetterton with a big grin on my face after sharing Al's yellow Camaro with him today

I haven't driven his car before, I first say in it this week and am pleased to say that we had to make the belts a lot smaller to fit me - even though I also had a cushion behind me.

Al went out first in qualifying as he had just fitted a rear anti roll bar & made some overnight adjustments which he wanted to check. All seemed ok, so I then went out to learn how the car drove. We qualified 20 out of a depleted 21 from 29 cars on Saturday.

Al had run out of fuel on Saturday & we were really marginal in fuel so decided to short shift & generally save fuel where possible in the 40 minute race.

I took the start & made up a place or two on the first couple of laps, but then the skies opened with a short hailstorm & I decided to take it easy so as not to damage Al's bumble & dropped to last. After a couple if laps it stopped & started drying out, so I started catching the cars in front of me & was called into the pits - I'd done my job & delivered the car in one piece

Our pit stop wasn't the quickest as I couldn't get out quickly enough, then we had to get the belts to fit Al & the car took a while to restart - ho hum!

Al then did a sterling job bringing the car home, but I managed to bag fastest lap by the best part of 2 seconds

Big thanks to Al for letting me drive his pride & joy & to Bernie & all at the CSCC
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3059819)   #73
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Al, wondered where you went on Sat when you disappeared off our RC cctv, perhaps you would have used less fuel if you had used the Bentley Straight rather than the 1970's 2.71 mile circuit!

Just remember.......you can't fill those VP jugs Bernie gave you and keep them in the car just in case you run short again!

Congratuations to everyone involved in Bernie's V8 races over the weekend, brilliant effort by all of you. The sights and sounds were fantastic once again as were the standards of driving over the weekend.....Thank you!

Good luck with the rest of the season.

Terry
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3059827)   #74
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No problem Cliff and thanks for bringing it back in one piece. I did take it easy I must admit as I simply wanted to finish so back off a bit to save fuel. I wasnt going to catch anyone so no point in busting a gut but hey we finished 13th which meant that 16 people didnt so at the end of the day a good job done.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3059830)   #75
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Al, wondered where you went on Sat when you disappeared off our RC cctv, perhaps you would have used less fuel if you had used the Bentley Straight rather than the 1970's 2.71 mile circuit!

Just remember.......you can't fill those VP jugs Bernie gave you and keep them in the car just in case you run short again!

Congratuations to everyone involved in Bernie's V8 races over the weekend, brilliant effort by all of you. The sights and sounds were fantastic once again as were the standards of driving over the weekend.....Thank you!

Good luck with the rest of the season.

Terry
HA HA I sent that from my smart phone after a few beers, what was I thinking! I will have some footage of the event once I have processed it.