Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2012, 01:37 (Ref:3166115)   #51
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
What a ridiculous assumption you have made regarding me being "bias" according to my post.
I simply said that it is an absurd thing to do in having a poll where most of the polled people don't know all the facts of the contract.
My comment regarding people voting that Whincup should be taken to court IMO would certainly include people who don't know all the facts and are happy for him to feel a little discomfort as he is not the most liked man in the paddock.
I am no Whincup lover and IF he has a case to answer, then so be it.
Yeah, right.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 01:37 (Ref:3166116)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I like Jamie, I am a ford fan

but if he has a case to answer then he should be taken to court

The facts that we know are that he had a contract with Monster for next year and that now he will be driving for a rival company

therefore the contract has most likely been broken. It doenst matetr what we have read in AA or any otehr media. Monster are allowed to take him to court and prove their case if they can not reach an acceptable solotion.

Reminding a person of their legal obligation and using court action to get a solution is hardly a new remedy

Not sure why 7% (according to the quoted number) would have an issue with it. If anything they might be the oens with the bias
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3166192)   #53
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://ow.ly/fgTwX

Seems Monster have just confiscated the helmet in question*

*Yes, I realise there may be more than one helmet.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3166197)   #54
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
http://ow.ly/fgTwX

Seems Monster have just confiscated the helmet in question*

*Yes, I realise there may be more than one helmet.
That comment is about as legitimate as Supercheaps Clubsport (That Ingall owns, yet there was a black GTS in front of his camper at Bathurst )
Old 14 Nov 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3166212)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Where's the print?
It was reprinted in AA this week, directly quoting the executive from Monster...
Old 14 Nov 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3166221)   #56
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It was reprinted in AA this week, directly quoting the executive from Monster...

Can anyone tell me, is it Red Bull drink, or Red Bull Mobile that is hooking up with 888

Last edited by Downoz; 14 Nov 2012 at 11:43.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3166452)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Can anyone tell me, is it Red Bull drink, or Red Bull Mobile that is hooking up with 888
It has not been clarified.. Yet...

AA says Red Bull Mobile, 888 says Red Bull..
Old 14 Nov 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3166467)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It has not been clarified.. Yet...

AA says Red Bull Mobile, 888 says Red Bull..
I know the initial scoop by AA was Red bull Mobile. but are they still saying that? I think thay have moved on. they were in the ball park again though as they have been quite often of late
Old 15 Nov 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3166479)   #59
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Yes but what of the fact that the Australian Marketing executive for Monster had apparently agreed a termination with JW, and has in fact said so in print...
A passive local company representative said they wouldn't pursue their legal rights but was overruled by head office. The problem with that would be?
Old 15 Nov 2012, 01:58 (Ref:3166486)   #60
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
It wont get to Court and we will never know the result. Settled out of Court. Simple as that.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 02:16 (Ref:3166492)   #61
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
It wont get to Court and we will never know the result. Settled out of Court. Simple as that.
I tend to agree

would imagine the legal costs are much to high to not settle out of court
Old 15 Nov 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3166506)   #62
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Will be interested in the outcome, will RD crawl T888 out of this??
This is surely a Whincup problem and not a T888 problem?
Old 15 Nov 2012, 03:57 (Ref:3166507)   #63
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
A passive local company representative said they wouldn't pursue their legal rights but was overruled by head office. The problem with that would be?
As the head of Marketing, I bet he was the signatory to the contract, and contracts can be discharged verbally.

With comments like that in print, I'm not sure how Monster think they have a case. Certainly stating public that a contract has been dissolved and then suing over it later isn't going to look too good in front of a judge.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 04:29 (Ref:3166511)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
As the head of Marketing, I bet he was the signatory to the contract, and contracts can be discharged verbally.

With comments like that in print, I'm not sure how Monster think they have a case. Certainly stating public that a contract has been dissolved and then suing over it later isn't going to look too good in front of a judge.
I dont think he said it was dissolved, he more or less implied some agreement had been reached.

Besides Stating that has been disolved in a public forum doesnt break the agreement. Putting signatures to paper breaks the agreement.

Its interesting that we have heard nothing from JW or T8 regarding this.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3166514)   #65
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
therefore the contract has most likely been broken. It doenst matetr what we have read in AA or any otehr media. Monster are allowed to take him to court and prove their case if they can not reach an acceptable solotion.
I don't think it is "likely been broken" as personal sponsorship contracts usually have exit clauses regarding conflicts with team sponsors. Team sponsors almost always overrule personal ones.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3166516)   #66
rik
Veteran

Quote:
Its interesting that we have heard nothing from JW or T8 regarding this.
Which is hardly surprising as it's never a good look to be bagging former sponsors.

Just like DJ was saying nice things about Jim Beam the other day, even though he's ****ed off that they are probably going to end up with another team!
Old 15 Nov 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3166518)   #67
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
I don't think it is "likely been broken" as personal sponsorship contracts usually have exit clauses regarding conflicts with team sponsors. Team sponsors almost always overrule personal ones.
actually auto action suggest there was no get out clause as you have described
Old 15 Nov 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3166522)   #68
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
It does not matter what all us so called experts say about this, Jamie Whincup will be driving a 888 Red Bull Commodore, COTF, in 2013. No further questions, your witness.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3166538)   #69
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
It does not matter what all us so called experts say about this, Jamie Whincup will be driving a 888 Red Bull Commodore, COTF, in 2013. No further questions, your witness.
Exactly what he said!
Old 15 Nov 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3166594)   #70
rik
Veteran

Quote:
actually auto action suggest there was no get out clause as you have described
AA isn't always right, but if they are about this, then JW needs to find a better management/legal team!
Old 15 Nov 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3166602)   #71
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
AA isn't always right, but if they are about this, then JW needs to find a better management/legal team!
I guess it's kind of interesting when the press keeps commenting about pending legal action, which neither party involved should be doing. Although from the continuing activity in said press it's pretty obvious who IS continuing to do so...
Old 15 Nov 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3166774)   #72
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I guess it's kind of interesting when the press keeps commenting about pending legal action, which neither party involved should be doing. Although from the continuing activity in said press it's pretty obvious who IS continuing to do so...
Typically that means they believe they have a strong case
Old 15 Nov 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3166862)   #73
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Auto Action Jamie Whincup signed a deal with Monster early in the year at a time when surely T8 were negotiating with Red Bull.

Did Whincup not tell T8 that he was about to do a deal with a rival company or did T8 not warn Whincup? Little wonder Monster are unhappy if either of those situations were the case…
Old 16 Nov 2012, 04:59 (Ref:3166946)   #74
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Typically that means they believe they have a strong case
No, it means they are risking being in contempt of court.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3167019)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
No, it means they are risking being in contempt of court.
How?