Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 May 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3244242)   #51
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The official ALMS Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths, is now live.

http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-alms/

36 entries this weekend including the return of the Chrome 'thingie' with Katherine Legge behind the wheel. Core Autosports also make their debut in GT ranks with their 997 GT3 RSR.

A number of liveries have been tweaked and most of the missing helmets have now been filled in.

As per usual, just TRG to confirm drivers for the #68 car.

Anyway, enjoy the guide. If you want to support me, read the note about Twitter on the Spotter Guide webpage Thanks
Old 8 May 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3244303)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^ Cheers, andy_b Fabulous stuff, as always.

Looking forward to the race. LS always a good show, albeit a couple hours short this year.
Old 8 May 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3244306)   #53
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff, andy_b. I'll support you by congratulating the ALMS realm for their great spotter guide and mocking the GA wishing they had both the cars and the spotter guides of the ALMS if you give me a non-twitter, non-facebook, non-google+, non-social-network way to contact guys at ALMS & Grand-Am

...but I guess you are after the social network pounce after all.
Old 8 May 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3244463)   #54
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello from Mazda Raceway!

We arrived yesterday afternoon and started unloading today. It's a bit chilly here, but at least the sun is out!

Old 8 May 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3244485)   #55
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice pic !

The air intakes of the left-rear window seem new to me. If so, any other updates to the car ?
Also is it me or the door is really missing ?

ah....

Old 8 May 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3244507)   #56
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hoping for a Viper win here. They have been really strong lately. About due time for them I think.
Old 8 May 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3244524)   #57
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Nice pic !

The air intakes of the left-rear window seem new to me. If so, any other updates to the car ?
Also is it me or the door is really missing ?
Good eye! Yes, the team is experimenting with ways to keep the inside of the car cooler.

As for any changes this week, because of the rules and restrictions set up by IMSA, we can't make major changes to the car. Race by race, we change in the smaller areas, like the damping and tires to be stiffer or softer. The podium at Sebring and the P2 qualifying at Long Beach were direct results of that. According to Derrick Walker, the damping that we're doing right now with Penske Shocks is probably where the new 991 will go.
Old 8 May 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3244557)   #58
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Good eye! Yes, the team is experimenting with ways to keep the inside of the car cooler.

As for any changes this week, because of the rules and restrictions set up by IMSA, we can't make major changes to the car. Race by race, we change in the smaller areas, like the damping and tires to be stiffer or softer. The podium at Sebring and the P2 qualifying at Long Beach were direct results of that. According to Derrick Walker, the damping that we're doing right now with Penske Shocks is probably where the new 991 will go.
Thanks for the info. I wish you well this weekend
Old 9 May 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3244566)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I can understand the window mods but wouldn't leaving a door off upset the aero properties of the car and thus handling?
Old 9 May 2013, 01:24 (Ref:3244602)   #60
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If nothing else, that has to make it sooooo much easier getting in and out of the car while it's in the transporter.
The car looks great, as always, can't wait to see it this weekend.
Old 9 May 2013, 02:12 (Ref:3244614)   #61
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBabapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at google maps you see on the track an onboard view before an acura and an audi und the back of one porsche, a corvette and another prototype. also the hole field from - i think - 2008 at the pits. nice.

no pic because of copyright.
Old 9 May 2013, 04:41 (Ref:3244644)   #62
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The official ALMS Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths, is now live.

http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-alms/
Thanks Andy! Shaping up to be a nice weekend. :-)

-mike
Old 9 May 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3244756)   #63
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Andy B! Great job as always. One thing that I'll check on when I get to the track today is whether Joe Foster or Andy Lally is driving the #27 Porsche GTC with Patrick Dempsey. The entry list still shows Andy Lally.
Old 9 May 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3244902)   #64
John Edwards
Rookie

John Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it begins! I arrived in Monterey last night and am looking forward to heading to the track this afternoon. I'm happy to be joining RLL Racing and BMW Motorsport for another ALMS race. The BMWs should be really strong here. I'll try to post updates when I can.
Old 9 May 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3244907)   #65
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Edwards View Post
So it begins! I arrived in Monterey last night and am looking forward to heading to the track this afternoon. I'm happy to be joining RLL Racing and BMW Motorsport for another ALMS race. The BMWs should be really strong here. I'll try to post updates when I can.
Hey, good luck to you and a safe weekend! Thanks for taking time to keep us updated with your perspective. It is really a treat for us wanna-be's!

DK
Old 9 May 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3244909)   #66
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Hey, good luck to you and a safe weekend! Thanks for taking time to keep us updated with your perspective. It is really a treat for us wanna-be's!

DK
+1 (Only not too much luck! I'd rather see a yellow car win!)
Old 9 May 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3244937)   #67
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-

I predcit the # 12 Lola Toyota to win overall and I'll pick the 91 SRT Viper to win GTLM.

Also the top half of the DP field last year qualified at 1 min 21. The bottom half did 1 min 22 at Laguna. The GTLM cars should be right there I think in that range.
Old 10 May 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3245045)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Live on track:
http://scoring.alms.com/
Old 10 May 2013, 01:12 (Ref:3245059)   #69
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
All 11 GTE cars faster than the Deltawing — that's not a good sign at all.
Old 10 May 2013, 01:34 (Ref:3245067)   #70
jsTrecu
Veteran

Did this session start 5PM local time as stated here ?
I think I messed up time conversions for watching here in Europe. It's not the usual +6h, but +9h

GTs are starting to speed up.
Old 10 May 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3245068)   #71
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think I messed up time conversions for watching here in Europe. It's not the usual +6h, but +9h
West Coast vs East Coast.
Old 10 May 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3245074)   #72
jsTrecu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
West Coast vs East Coast.
Yes I know, but I've been watching NBA games all week and even West playoff games are showing in EST time on their website. That got me confused, my bad.

10 mins to go and DW still in the pits...
Old 10 May 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3245078)   #73
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes I know, but I've been watching NBA games all week and even West playoff games are showing in EST time on their website. That got me confused, my bad.

10 mins to go and DW still in the pits...
This 2 hour session had an odd format: first half hour was just for P cars, then an hour for all cars, then the last half hour for just GT cars.

And if you predicted that the fasted three GTE cars would be the Team West AJR Broadwalk Ferrari, the Paul Miller Racing Porsche, and the Team Falken Tire Porsche, you'd be a winner!
Old 10 May 2013, 02:21 (Ref:3245080)   #74
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The AJR 458 is quick. I hope Viper is slower because its their first visit with this car.
Old 10 May 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3245084)   #75
jsTrecu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
This 2 hour session had an odd format: first half hour was just for P cars, then an hour for all cars, then the last half hour for just GT cars.

And if you predicted that the fasted three GTE cars would be the Team West AJR Broadwalk Ferrari, the Paul Miller Racing Porsche, and the Team Falken Tire Porsche, you'd be a winner!
Ah thanks, I didn't know about the format. Seeing all P cars in the pits at the end seemed strange, now I know why