Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:14 (Ref:3576047)   #51
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
I don't have to, the simple fact is that Carlos was 1.4 seconds behind Max at the finish(and Max was 6 tenths behind Perez)
Yikes that's light years!!!!

Sainz had already given up by the lap or two before then I suspect. Max obviously wasn't going to let him go and it was too late to do anything with Perez, let along give it back to Max if Sainz didn't get Checo. Sensible attitude.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3576049)   #52
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yikes that's light years!!!!

Sainz had already given up by the lap or two before then I suspect. Max obviously wasn't going to let him go and it was too late to do anything with Perez, let along give it back to Max if Sainz didn't get Checo. Sensible attitude.
nonsense, he was not able to get close enough so Max was right, deal with it.

You should always keep thinking for yourself and don't do anything "just because the boss wants you to", espacialy if the boss has a BAD idea.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3576056)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
nonsense, he was not able to get close enough so Max was right, deal with it.

You should always keep thinking for yourself and don't do anything "just because the boss wants you to", espacialy if the boss has a BAD idea.
Except if that boss is your wife! hahahah
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3576058)   #54
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
BTW: exactly the same situation happened last year in Malaysia with Bottas and Massa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngWhFrQdIYA
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3576059)   #55
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Verstappen with a bad attitude. Who'd have thought.

Yes STR have backed his decision. But if Carlos had been 4 tenths closer then they wouldn't have. They only backed it because it worked out fine.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3576062)   #56
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
A Verstappen with a bad attitude. Who'd have thought.

Yes STR have backed his decision. But if Carlos had been 4 tenths closer then they wouldn't have. They only backed it because it worked out fine.
He has a great attitude, real winners don't pull over, NEVER!
Old 22 Sep 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3576084)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i have learned anything from being a Hamilton fanboy it is that publicly going against your team over the radio has long term consequences.

its all hindsight, but in terms of moving up the ladder to a top team im not sure he did himself any favours by choosing 2 points over acquiescing to a team instruction and showing he has the maturity to work with the big boys and girls.

he is young and inexperienced so these types of missteps should not be taken so seriously which makes it all the more sad that this race will now be remembered for his NO! rather then the quality he showed up until that point.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 16:45 (Ref:3576109)   #58
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if i have learned anything from being a Hamilton fanboy it is that publicly going against your team over the radio has long term consequences.

its all hindsight, but in terms of moving up the ladder to a top team im not sure he did himself any favours by choosing 2 points over acquiescing to a team instruction and showing he has the maturity to work with the big boys and girls.

he is young and inexperienced so these types of missteps should not be taken so seriously which makes it all the more sad that this race will now be remembered for his NO! rather then the quality he showed up until that point.
sure, if he wanted to be the next Massa, Barichello or Webber.................
Old 22 Sep 2015, 16:56 (Ref:3576110)   #59
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It would seem that Max can do no wrong.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3576123)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
a flawed comparison imo. those three following team orders at the expense of their own careers is a source of contention because they are multiple winners who have all come close to winning the WDC.

a driver who has never won sticking it to his equally green rookie team mate does little imo to forward his ambition nor does it flatter his potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It would seem that Max can do no wrong.
understandable as i suffer from the same affliction when it comes to hamilton...which you no doubt already know.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3576157)   #61
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
a flawed comparison imo. those three following team orders at the expense of their own careers is a source of contention because they are multiple winners who have all come close to winning the WDC.

a driver who has never won sticking it to his equally green rookie team mate does little imo to forward his ambition nor does it flatter his potential.

understandable as i suffer from the same affliction when it comes to hamilton...which you no doubt already know.

You have all of my sympathy.

Seriously we do get to know each others stance on certain things, and you are clearly not alone in your admiration of Lewis, even as I despair of it ...

Question; If Lewis is a real champion why was he not able to overcome the deficiency of his Mercedes by sheer ability?

I am quite sure you and many others will have a ready answer. I await with breath bated.

Long may we disagree.

Baub.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3576167)   #62
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Seriously we do get to know each others stance on certain things, and you are clearly not alone in your admiration of Lewis, even as I despair of it ...
we really do. well said

Quote:
Question; If Lewis is a real champion why was he not able to overcome the deficiency of his Mercedes by sheer ability?
well its Lewis so he only does well when mired in self inflicted controversy!
Old 22 Sep 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3576199)   #63
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
THEY ARE A TEAM.

All great sports teams play as a team. All poor ones don't.
That's a gross over-simplification. Football is a team sport. Speedway is a team sport. The F1 World Championship for drivers is a competition for individuals (who obviously need the backing of a team). If a driver doesn't beat all the other competitors, he is not a worthy winner and that devalues not just his own win but the credibility of the sport too.

For what it's worth, I will remember Max's "NO!" with a degree of admiration.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 09:23 (Ref:3576287)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
For what it's worth, I will remember Max's "NO!" with a degree of admiration.
Thing is, when all's said and done did it actually make a huge deal of difference to either driver's career? The team would have got the same points whichever way round they finished.

The bottom line is that Max would have had the place back at the end of the race IF Carlos had not managed to overtake Perez. In the 4-5 laps that remained it was highly unlikely he would have so Max arguably showed a lack of maturity in ignoring the instruction?

Unless he thought 'NO because Carlos might get past him and I can't'
Old 23 Sep 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3576300)   #65
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He's done half a season in a midfield car, and despite the understandable hype because of his age and some of his eye-catching overtakes, you cannot compare his achievements to any of the multiple race winning drivers mentioned. - not yet anyway.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3576320)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He has a great attitude, real winners don't pull over, NEVER!
Well that's just a nothing statement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Japanese_Grand_Prix

I like Max, but lets drop the hype. He's not even at the point of being the next Massa, Barrichello or Webber. He's light years from anything those 3 accomplished.
Old 23 Sep 2015, 13:38 (Ref:3576360)   #67
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well that's just a nothing statement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Japanese_Grand_Prix

I like Max, but lets drop the hype. He's not even at the point of being the next Massa, Barrichello or Webber. He's light years from anything those 3 accomplished.
Well said.