Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 31 Jan 2003, 13:38 (Ref:491822)   #51
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slide/neg scanners a good and quick, but mine seems to have off days were the pictures seem dark.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 20:39 (Ref:492256)   #52
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by pauldavid
By the way my images are crystal clear but my poor old scanner needs a new lamp,or i need some new software
What software are you using? I find that 'auto balance' in MS Photo Editor' improves most scans.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 22:53 (Ref:492394)   #53
mpj
Rookie

mpj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brickkicker it aint the scanner thats at fault its just you being a poor excuse for a photographer
Old 1 Feb 2003, 07:59 (Ref:492666)   #54
brickkicker
Veteran

cheers mate!!!
Old 1 Feb 2003, 10:06 (Ref:492750)   #55
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Dave, i will try that, i know its not the software its my technique, its so bloody annoying my images are crystal clear but i just can not seem to get the resolution right they are either too small or not clear enough.It was recomended that i use Microsoft Picture Editor, which i do, What i need is for someone to be very kind and send me detailed instructions on exactly what to do, any offers?.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 10:38 (Ref:492765)   #56
brickkicker
Veteran

I like to use adobe photoshop 6 or paint shop pro 7. Adobe is good but takes a bit of getting used to.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 14:11 (Ref:492898)   #57
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
OK, paul, I've taken the liberty of playing around with one of your scans;I 've just done an 'auto balance ' in MS Photo Editor'.
Attached Thumbnails
justin2.jpg  
Old 1 Feb 2003, 16:32 (Ref:493016)   #58
brickkicker
Veteran

Have just put that pic in adobe 6 and set it to auto contrast and auto levels and it comes out just a bit lighter than Daves (wont post it because its already up twice)
Old 16 Feb 2003, 10:01 (Ref:508391)   #59
pauldavid
Racer

Well, three weeks to go until Club racing kicks of at Brands. Christ i hate the winter,i am so bored, i know some people will think its sad but the start of the new season just lifts my spirits and signals the begining of spring. Now i know we all know diferent, the fact that its bloody freezing standing on paddock hill and its never warms up until mid-summers day.But the noise and smell from all those bikes warms me through and i start to think "will i get the perfect photo this year. The answer is of course "NO" but me and the wife will still be there for every round and will consider it a honour to be allowed to witness some of the closest racing at one of the best venues. As for the riders, what must be the friendliest bunch of mad racers on the planet, its so nice when you see "dad" working on the bike "mum" keeping everything in order and all the riders mates telling him what he is doing wrong and waiting for the Barbeque to be lit. One rider i became friendly with "Pete Richards" is of to Ozz for the year so i will have to find someone else in the 600s to watch out for. I know there are going to be a few fallers but lets just hope that this season the worst we get is just a few broken bones and not too many of them.
If any marshalls read this perhaps you can explain this unspoken animosity between some 4 wheel marshalls and 2 wheel marshalls, i have heard some say that 2 wheel marshalls are not as profesional?. I must say that i have never known this to be true, in fact from what i have seen as 2 wheel incidents seem to be rather more serious (bikers have no roll bars to protect them) i have noticed that the response of marshalls is of a very profesional manner and the responce is immediate, yes they may not rush straight out onto trhe track but as soon as a rider goes down you can see them gathering up what they may need and one of them will be informing the others what their duties will be, then when the signal is given the responce is well co- ordinated and executed in a safe and profesional manner.
Maybee what i heard is just a couple of marshalls who don't like bikes, so carry on you do a great job and one day when i get tired of takeing photos i may well join you.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 11:04 (Ref:508420)   #60
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
If any marshalls read this perhaps you can explain this unspoken animosity between some 4 wheel marshalls and 2 wheel marshalls, i have heard some say that 2 wheel marshalls are not as profesional?. I must say that i have never known this to be true, in fact from what i have seen as 2 wheel incidents seem to be rather more serious (bikers have no roll bars to protect them) i have noticed that the response of marshalls is of a very profesional manner and the responce is immediate, yes they may not rush straight out onto trhe track but as soon as a rider goes down you can see them gathering up what they may need and one of them will be informing the others what their duties will be, then when the signal is given the responce is well co- ordinated and executed in a safe and profesional manner.
I marshal both cars & bikes, so I'm all too aware of the animosity between the two groups. Maybe animosity is too strong a word; what it boils down to is that 'car' marshals think bike marshals work dangerously, 'bike' marshals think car marshalling is too regimented & snobbish.

The basics of incident handling are the same for cars & bikes, but the incidents are different. One thing we have to bear in mind is that if a bike crashes there is a much higher likelihood of injury than when a car crashes. A bike rider may be lying motionless, on or off the track, in a potentially dangerous position; the priority is to protect him from further injury. 'Car' marshals are often surprised & shocked at the way bike marshals work on a live track; the risks are not as great as they are perceived to be, for a number of reasons - bikes take up much less track space, bike riders seem much more aware of the need to slow down, etc.

Two, three or four wheels, a marshal's number one priority is his/her personal safety; anybody who is a danger to him/herself is also a danger to other marshals, competitiors, etc.

Quote:
Maybee what i heard is just a couple of marshalls who don't like bikes,
That's possible. There are quite a lot of us who do both, & quite a lot of 'car' marshals who appreciate the different approach.

Quote:
one day when i get tired of takeing photos i may well join you.
If you fancy a day on the bank to see what it's like, have a word with Uncle Ron at Bemsee - you'll be made very welcome!
Old 16 Feb 2003, 12:59 (Ref:508504)   #61
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes come along to a bemsee meet, more the merrier, (you get in free as well)
Old 16 Feb 2003, 13:39 (Ref:508524)   #62
pauldavid
Racer

Well in fact , i am at every bemsee meeting but only normally at Brands. i am normally just up the hill from hailwoods going towards the Kentagon. once you see me you will probally know who i am. I would indeed love to join you for a day. I know some of you ask for more photos of marshalls, well this year i will try and get a few more of you in action, trouble is at Brands there are very few places where you can get a shot without the safety fence, thats why i stand up the hill and of course thats where a lot of the action takes place.I know i have met many of you before allthough i have only ever spoken to a few of you, me and the wife allways have breakfast in the Kentagon before racing well you all know how cold it is, thats my exscuse and i am sticking to it. all this Lovely sunny weather and no racing , i know that in three weeks time it will be freezing, raining and blowing a gale but just try and stop me from being there hope to see you soon. paul b
Old 22 Feb 2003, 19:03 (Ref:514254)   #63
pauldavid
Racer

Stephen green at Brighton
Attached Thumbnails
marshall green at brighton.jpg  
Old 22 Feb 2003, 19:21 (Ref:514268)   #64
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Stephen green at Brighton
Is he the one with the brush?

Old 22 Feb 2003, 19:39 (Ref:514277)   #65
pauldavid
Racer

No he's not as important as that
Old 22 Feb 2003, 19:49 (Ref:514284)   #66
brickkicker
Veteran

Just a point. The first bike meeting at Mallory is on next week (2nd March). Its an EMRA meeting so should be good. Am hoping to be there, anyone else going down??
Old 22 Feb 2003, 20:11 (Ref:514307)   #67
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by brickkicker
Just a point. The first bike meeting at Mallory is on next week (2nd March). Its an EMRA meeting so should be good. Am hoping to be there, anyone else going down??
Not us! It's the BRSCC NW Do on 1st March so we're off to that.

We are hoping to attend the 750MC meeting the week after so will we see you there?

Last edited by KayBee; 22 Feb 2003 at 20:11.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 20:52 (Ref:514333)   #68
brickkicker
Veteran

Should be there for the 750MC.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 18:47 (Ref:522571)   #69
pauldavid
Racer

Is it the usual 19 -20 races this saturday at Brands? and anyone know where i can download the running order, i tried the bemsee - mro site and could not find it any help?.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 17:35 (Ref:525852)   #70
pauldavid
Racer

For what must be one of the most exciting forms of racing this forum seems to get very little response, maybee its because we spend so much time in the even better forum on the BMCRC - MRO site, come on there must be more two wheel club racing fans out there. Even better fans or competitors with something to say, why is everyone so bloody obsessed with all the hype and **** from F1 and woop bloody pee the one and only cart race at Brands, which has caused the whole layout of one of the most historic race tracks in britain. This weekend, iknow it will be a little more busy than usual especially on sunday, but the club bike meetings at Brands offer 2 wheel fans to get close too the action without having over 100,000 other fans standing in front of you. Yes the WSB at Brands is a event that i would never miss you could never replace that atmosphere, but give me a BEMSEE - MRO meeting any day, Right who's going ?, i shall expect the normal two or three replys.So if you know anyone friends, family or neighbours tell them what great racing they can see this sunday at Brands and lets give all those club racers a crowd that they can see and hear after all as we all know they risk there lives every week for very little reward so this season don't keep it to yourself tell a friend.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 18:44 (Ref:525906)   #71
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I`m gonna try to be there for Friday and Sunday (my first Club bike meet for about a decade!).
Old 5 Mar 2003, 19:32 (Ref:525960)   #72
pauldavid
Racer

Top man Elio,
i promise you won't be disapointed.Two more people and they may well have crowd control problems.Unfortunately i wont be there for qualifying on friday, but i sure as hell will be there saturday and sunday.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 20:53 (Ref:526008)   #73
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi Brandy ........are you dragging yourself off to Cadwell this summer when us Southern softies come up to play ???

........and what about getting your passport stamped and your beret on and joining us in France for a bit of Frog bashing in July Its their Bastille weekend

You can still send that rundown old circuit of yours down to us Southerners you know

BEMSEE.....more smiles per race than any other club Brands Hatch this weekend EVERY day is only a £ to get in

Last edited by pixie; 5 Mar 2003 at 20:59.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 15:48 (Ref:526694)   #74
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by pixie
Oi Brandy ........are you dragging yourself off to Cadwell this summer when us Southern softies come up to play ???
We're doing one Bemsee meeting at Cadwell this year, the one which was originally planned for Slitherstone; that means we'll miss the 'other' club's meeting at Oulton on the Saturday......what a difficult decision that was!

We're doing Snett at the end of the month......I've got new waterproofs!

Quote:
........and what about getting your passport stamped and your beret on and joining us in France for a bit of Frog bashing in July Its their Bastille weekend
I thought that one was only on personal invitation from Uncle Ron!

Quote:
You can still send that rundown old circuit of yours down to us Southerners you know
Rundown? Wait till you see the new state-of-the-art facilities......oops, not gonna be ready in time, you'll have to make do with a Portakabin!
Old 6 Mar 2003, 23:43 (Ref:527140)   #75
pixie
Racer

pixie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have a word with Uncle Ron...............

You mean we pay all that money to hire the bloomin thing, travel ALL that way up North, get our inoculations and jabs............ and then have to sit in a Portacabin

I want a refund me