Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is going to win or become M.Schumacher's closest challenger for the title?
Kimi Raikkonen 26 46.43%
Juan Pablo Montoya 15 26.79%
David Coulthard 6 10.71%
Rubens Barrichello 6 10.71%
Ralf Schumacher 1 1.79%
Other 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2003, 11:44 (Ref:549818)   #51
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you are wide of the mark, Logrence. Nothing wrong with Ferrari winning - they are the best and most widely loved, not to mention famous, racing team of all. There was a problem with them winning so much and by such a big margin, and also with the the perception that the wins came by technical and political domiance, rather than sporting competition. That perception is not entirely correct either, in my view, but that is where I see a lot of dissatisaftion coming from.

I can't see how you expect the new rules to disadvantage Ferrari over the other teams - if anything their recent cars have been stronger in the races than in qualifying, so a format that puts extra stress on the quality of the car in race trim should favour them.

Interest has picked up because the racing is a little tighter and (yes) we have some different winners - but I think it is plain wrong to suggest that any Ferrari success is bad for F1.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 11:53 (Ref:549828)   #52
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
I can't see how you expect the new rules to disadvantage Ferrari over the other teams - if anything their recent cars have been stronger in the races than in qualifying, so a format that puts extra stress on the quality of the car in race trim should favour them.
I didn't say I expected it. I said the new rules were ostensibly brought in to stop Ferrari from winning.

Quote:
Interest has picked up because the racing is a little tighter and (yes) we have some different winners - but I think it is plain wrong to suggest that any Ferrari success is bad for F1.
Last season was good for F1!?

The sport wouldn't be in such a mess last season if it had been a smite more interesting.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 12:04 (Ref:549836)   #53
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Schumacher is a goner this season,No #6 this year,its going to be McLarens year.Time for Ferrari to hit the panic button
Old 27 Mar 2003, 23:12 (Ref:550557)   #54
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To put what I said in a different way, it is claimed that he is the best of his era (1991-2003) by a long way.
So much is written and so many people have that belief. So many people just don't realise how close as an overall driver people like Mika Hakkinen, Giancarlo Fisichella, Kimi Raikkonen or Jacques Villeneuve actually are. The biggest advantage Schumacher has over his opponents, is his ability to adapt, whether it adapt to a poor handling car or certain weather, or unforseen circumstances, but race pace, lap for lap, there really isn't much in it between for example, Hakkinen & Schumacher.
However, Mika never had the luxury of having a bullet proof reliable car to allow him to accumulate lots of results and points so therefore his record does not hold a candle to Schumachers.....

If Ferrari don't turn things around in the next few races, it is going to be utterly fascinating watching these top 6 cars going at it for honours, with Renault right in there too.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 01:18 (Ref:550638)   #55
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew2001
DC VS KIMI VS MONTOYA for 2003 honours
Your aware this is a permanent record right? This statement is going to look very silly in 4 races time.

Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
Interest in F1 is huge at the moment. Why? Because Ferrari aren't winning.
Wrong. Ferrari could have won both races and it still would have been great. What's making it interesting at the moment is that we don't know the winner before the lights go out. Also, we are seeing some real racing.
Old 30 Mar 2003, 12:44 (Ref:552869)   #56
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sorry, but Schumacher won't win the title. The end.
Old 30 Mar 2003, 13:07 (Ref:552888)   #57
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ahem...

Now now, why don't I believe you? Both statements, "Schumacher won't win the title" and "you are sorry"... I mean all 3 of them: I ommited "the end"...
Old 30 Mar 2003, 17:08 (Ref:552977)   #58
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Boy oh boy, there is gonna be alot of humble pie to hand out around here in a few races...
Old 30 Mar 2003, 17:45 (Ref:553004)   #59
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hate pie...
Old 31 Mar 2003, 09:04 (Ref:553533)   #60
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need all the drivers in the same cars then we would find out who is the best driver
Old 31 Mar 2003, 09:15 (Ref:553540)   #61
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Yes, you do. Same cars is in Formula Porsche. Or Renault. Or Karts. But I need Formula 1, which means that the drivers are NOT in the same car.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 14:58 (Ref:553845)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The same old story all over again...
Old 31 Mar 2003, 15:03 (Ref:553853)   #63
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Should we make this thread the longest ever? If you merge several old threads to it, it could easily get 3,000 replies and over 15K views...
Old 10 Apr 2003, 12:29 (Ref:565023)   #64
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Red, it sums up the whole driver comparison thing!

All I can say, is, I hope that Kimi will keep his win for the Brasilian race, but if Fisi gets it then I wont be as disappointed as I might have been.
HANAA KIMI!!!!

I will stick to my Kimi VS DC VS Montoya idea, although Willaims are looking **** this year, and I did fear that this would be the case early on in testing. They do not have the technical depth of McLaren, and the team just is not as good, gone are teh days where they WERE The best, with the best everything.
Ron has nicely set himself up for some real sucess over the Raikkonen era, much like he did in 1998, only problem was, McLaren blew their chances of triple world championships due to lack of car reliability.

All that had nothing to dow ith this topic, but i cant be bothered reading all the other topics, not enough time!

And, did I mention: HANAA KIMI! ? I thought not, well, one more for luck,

HANAAAAAAAAAAAAA KIMI!