Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Oct 2003, 00:51 (Ref:753901)   #51
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross

You put on a slick event with cars I am interested in. If I want to see Commodores and Falcons I can go down to Chapel Street.
I dont identify with V8's, there is hardly any passing, the racing is processional, all the cars are quite even and though the race close as doon as someone makes a passing move they think twice in case of a drive thru penalty. As for the point score system you need to be Dr Julius Summdermiller to work it out dropping rounds etc....

We you go to a V8 round most of the cars in the car park are xr6's VT v8s and those assorted types along with the fleet pack cars with people in the corporate boxes.

At the recent Winton round there was a huge collection of new BA GT's and FPV road vehicles along with old Lambo's and GT's. Heck the cars in the car park at Procar are better than the cars on track at V8 supercar???

Keep up the good work Ross if you had an office in Melbourne I would love to work for you.

I have been involved with motorsport for years just did not have the funds and as long as I can remeber have always attended Victorian Motorsport rounds....I remember the old Sandown pits and World Sports Car round with Stefan Bellof
Old 17 Oct 2003, 01:21 (Ref:753927)   #52
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The great debate

Good luck getting Tony Cochrane to participate in a discussion he cannot control Ross!

Nevertheless, your tremendous efforts say it all, and more and more fans will make the favourable comparison of Procar over Avesco. Maybe then TC will be willing to talk to get some publicity
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:00 (Ref:753963)   #53
Lyris
Racer

Lyris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rossp1
You saw it first on ten tenths forum.Ross Palmer inviting TONY COCHRANE to a debate on his media platform or mine .On SEVEN, SBS,or TEN on the "FUTURE OF COMMERCIAL MOTORSPORT IN AUSTRALIA."
Come on TONY I know you read the PROCAR and TEN-TENTHS forums.The internet is a powerful resource and so maybe the debate could be set up on a neutral venue such as ten-tenths.No holds barred and we,ll sort this out once and for all for the "good of australian motorsport".Let the past be the past and let,s try to compromise for the good of the sport we all love. Ring me and we will make the arrangements jointly.
Ooo ahh, um I like this debate idea, and I say bring it on, and this place is just the mutual teritory that's needed, it even has a chat site attached. Anyone else going to back me here on this????

TC we know you read these sites, because there's a few of us who know just how much we've been prone to getting you blood to boil at times.

So dear, make with the Brave, register yourself and let the debate begin.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:05 (Ref:753967)   #54
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i kind of think it would be better on here wothout Tony "Hitler" Cochranes mindless comments..
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:07 (Ref:753968)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would love to see it too, but wouldnt want the discussions to fall into the same hole the TOCA Vs TEGA junk ended up at a few years ago....

The thing with RP of course, is that by playing with your own money, you are answerable to yourself... whereas if you are a hired gun, playing with others' money... perhaps its not as clear cut.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:10 (Ref:753970)   #56
Lyris
Racer

See the purpose of a debate though is to provide a structured and moderated forum for an arguement.

Now I'm sure somewhere here there is an impartial adjuicator available that would give both parties a fair go, while keeping the dabate on topic and meaningful?????? Yes??? No???

Last edited by Lyris; 17 Oct 2003 at 03:16.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:21 (Ref:753975)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thats sounds plausible... so who will play moderator?
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:25 (Ref:753976)   #58
Lyris
Racer

Um well I'm certainly not impartial enough, or maybe I am as I don't really know either of them :confused:

But um we still need TC to except the challenge
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:29 (Ref:753978)   #59
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
i think he will remain as a faceless reader, he wont show..
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:35 (Ref:753979)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
We need to set this up properly... maybe even V8SuperStar style... sell some tickets... say at the Sydney Ent Cent? 10,000 fans rock up to watch RP & TC have a go...
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:38 (Ref:753981)   #61
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
im in..
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:40 (Ref:753983)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Can we get Kelvin involved too, so TC & he can have the undercard
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:40 (Ref:753984)   #63
Lyris
Racer

I'm in, but ah someone will need to cover the cost of my airfares
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:43 (Ref:753987)   #64
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Kelvin is still around?
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:45 (Ref:753988)   #65
Lyris
Racer

yeah he is
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:49 (Ref:753989)   #66
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
i thought he went with the power tour?? i wonder if the v8 teams have considered buying those trucks for transporters!!
Old 17 Oct 2003, 03:59 (Ref:753990)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Kelvin has his name on the door at TEGA HQ... he is the dude looking to employ the Category Technical Manager.... I know a few rulebenders who could have a successful gig at that...
Old 17 Oct 2003, 04:02 (Ref:753991)   #68
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
well im feeling a bit stupid..
Old 17 Oct 2003, 08:40 (Ref:754131)   #69
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross how come TC has got his way at the GP?
Should of been at Indy a few years ago, Cochrane and Cowley came to blows and it was free.

Last edited by sevi; 17 Oct 2003 at 08:43.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 10:41 (Ref:754221)   #70
rossp1
Rookie

rossp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SEVI Now that,s a long story but much the same as the CLIPSAL debacle. The opera,s not over however until the fat lady sings.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 14:27 (Ref:754399)   #71
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross, thanks for your contribution to the forum, it has certainly been an enlightening read and has made me think about just where i want to end up in motorsport...
I currently race in paupers league (Improved Production in NSW), what's the chances of us guys supporting your class sometime in the future ??

Cheers,
Paul...
Old 17 Oct 2003, 16:58 (Ref:754558)   #72
Adz
Rookie

Adz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all - just found this forum and its an interesting read.
I love the big v8s and from the (tens of) thousands of people that go to each race meeting, I guess I'm not the only one.
You lot can keep dreaming about toppling the v8 series and racing "production cars", shopping cars or whatever you guys are on about - it ain't gonna happen. Don't you remember a few years back when the Nissans were racing and the Ford Sierras? They might have been "better" cars but nobody wants to see Jap **** and Euro trash, they want big thundering Aussie v8's. People vote with their feet and Ford vs Holden wins!
BTW I think the Procar series isn't bad - maybe 'cos theres Monaros in it.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 17:17 (Ref:754574)   #73
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adz, welcome to the forum

No one is dreaming of toppling the V8Supercar series, the way it is going at the moment it will seemingly implode on itself.

Judging from the popularity of the PROCAR Champ Series, it seems people do want to watch Japanese and European cars, up against Australian cars.

Once again i ask, how is the Ford vs Holden battle diluted if there are other cars in there as well?
Old 17 Oct 2003, 18:07 (Ref:754621)   #74
Adz
Rookie

Adz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi racer69, thanks for the welcome.
That was a bit of a rant from me wasn't it? Anyway - I think the majority of people just want to see the Aussie muscle cars going at it.. who wants to see a Mitsubishi "Old Man's" Magna out on the track anyway? Maybe they can have it in the rules that the Mitsubishi drivers have a straw hat in the back window at all times, remove their mirrors and make them drive 20 kays slower than everyone else! Magnas aren't for racing - they're for passing on the way to the bottle shop where you're driving to get the beer before watching the V8's race.
Old 18 Oct 2003, 01:32 (Ref:754861)   #75
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adz: Ever heard the saying "Competition improves the breed" ??
Well, it's something like that anyway...

A hell of a lot of Magnas get sold in this country (can't believe i'm defending a Magna here) so obviously someone is buying them...
I'm all for having more brands involved, when it comes to racing i like a bit of variety...

Cheers,
Paul...

Last edited by FatBoy; 18 Oct 2003 at 01:34.