Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Dec 2003, 09:41 (Ref:815886)   #51
mystery racer
Rookie

mystery racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to take anything away from Luke - I wish him all the best for next year - but to say how well people have done in a class that only had a small number of cars, doesn't sit right with me.

I'd like to see how those guys would have gone in the Clio's or SEAT's (which were as fast speed wise) with up to 20 guys in the same machinery to gauge how good they really are. Now that would have been a better test of ability in my book...
Old 19 Dec 2003, 09:47 (Ref:815888)   #52
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
mysteryracer - I agree. My view is that the top 5 in Clios this year were all class drivers who would do equally well in any series. Looking at the Seats, I'd probaly say the same - certainly as far as the top 3 or 4 go in any case.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 15:08 (Ref:816174)   #53
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdad
mysteryracer - I agree. My view is that the top 5 in Clios this year were all class drivers who would do equally well in any series. Looking at the Seats, I'd probaly say the same - certainly as far as the top 3 or 4 go in any case.
I think the same. There are proven drivers who have been around for ages, still looking for BTCC drives - Gordon Shedden, Simon Harrison, Rob Collard to name a few but then a works seat goes to someone who would still be doing well to land an independents drive next year.

Even Alain Menu hasn't confirmed anything for 04!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 16:56 (Ref:822641)   #54
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did like Luke's quotes in Motorsport News (who, credit where credit's due, broke the story before Autosport or autosport.com) when he says he won't give in to any manufacturer pressure to look all corporate and that he's sticking with his spiky hair and rings through his eyebrows! We need a bit of rock n' roll!

To be honest, I don't think Vauxhall would ask him to change, particularly if he's paying what he's paying. The team also tends to be pretty good at letting its drivers speak their minds ...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 17:13 (Ref:822648)   #55
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rock 'n' roll? Wearing a clown suit for overalls and an oh-so-trendy backwards baseball cap? Don't make me larf!!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 17:35 (Ref:822661)   #56
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Come on Maisie, don't be such a square. All the cool kids are doing it.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 18:59 (Ref:822717)   #57
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Production was a pretty weak championship last year. I don't see much credit in beating Blencowe, Bentwood was totally new to Touring Cars of any kind, and Varta weren't a serious threat as the season went on. Luke got the job done but it wasn't spectacular. Some of the guys like Spencer Marsh, Norman Simon and Mat Jackson showed much mroe potential in my mind.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 19:40 (Ref:822757)   #58
Tim Harvey Fan
Racer

Tim Harvey Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget Roger Moen...