Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Feb 2004, 10:59 (Ref:883807)   #51
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Did you have time to take some pics ?
Old 24 Feb 2004, 11:43 (Ref:883862)   #52
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Fab, I've stopped taking a camera with me, since
1 - your not supposed to use one while on duty
2 - photo opportunities are usually limited to Arnage's spectator area during the race
3 - if not marshalling, eating,drinking or sleeping (i know, heresay) take precedence over playing speccy
Old 24 Feb 2004, 11:49 (Ref:883871)   #53
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bodysnatcher
and now the British marshals in that area (poste 106b see http://www.marshalspost.com/circuit/53.html) have been warned about your plans...
Ahhh , but I am well prepared ..... I already have my white overalls with a big Dunlop sticker on the back , so I can look like you . Im looking into a French policemans uniform but that might be a bit too much !!!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 12:23 (Ref:883922)   #54
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and now the British marshals in that area (poste 106b see http://www.marshalspost.com/circuit/53.html) have been warned about your plans...

Seriously though, the views from Arnage to Porsche curves are not that fantastic, dunno why I keep going back there year after year

Last year we managed an evening on 115 - Porsche curves entry - now that's a view I'd pay to repeat
After so many years i should have covered the whole circuit by now, but really going to make a concerted effort to cover more ground this year. How did you manage to get to 115? Were you with the Marshalls?
That must be a great spot to view.
I have viewed from the roof of the Karting before, but never teh other side of thet track.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 12:33 (Ref:883936)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

2 - photo opportunities are usually limited to Arnage's spectator area during the race

Effectively non-existent then.....

The fencing seems worse to me there than pretty well anywhere else. I still love Indianapolis and Arnage, but I don't bother with the camera there very much anymore, unless I can get right up as close to the fencing as possible for tight shots of the cars as they round Arnage....
Old 24 Feb 2004, 13:07 (Ref:883978)   #56
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Anybody know of somebody in LeMans renting out cherrypickers ?! If you toodle enough around the end of the Mulsanne you can find a way up to a house just outside of the Mulsanne kink . A few years ago I was lucky enough to get upstairs and view the kink at full chat (1989) it was in fact , for a small fee . Maybe the folks who own it still do the same , Im not sure .

You used to be able to walk from Mulsanne corner all the way to Arnage , but I think thats finished when they modded up Indianapolis last year .

But yeah , Ive been on the Mulsanne !!!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 13:22 (Ref:883994)   #57
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Gilles is your man, he lives in LM and involved in hospitality etc and has many contacts.

Not been to the Mulsanne since the mid 80's, do remember sitting on a bale of straw at one of the bars, can't recall which one but it was truly awesome.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 13:31 (Ref:884001)   #58
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Pilgrimage
How did you manage to get to 115? Were you with the Marshalls?
That must be a great spot to view.
we were the marshals on the Wednesday and Thursday sessions
absolutely brilliant spot - braking and turning just where we wave the flags
Old 24 Feb 2004, 13:45 (Ref:884012)   #59
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Effectively non-existent then.....

The fencing seems worse to me there than pretty well anywhere else. I still love Indianapolis and Arnage, but I don't bother with the camera there very much anymore, unless I can get right up as close to the fencing as possible for tight shots of the cars as they round Arnage....
Step-ladder and long lense, where are you ?

Terrific place to be, terrible place for pictures, with my device at least... Bernard succeded to take some good shots though...

Last edited by Fab; 24 Feb 2004 at 13:46.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 14:09 (Ref:884047)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
A few years ago I was lucky enough to get upstairs and view the kink at full chat (1989) it was in fact , for a small fee . Maybe the folks who own it still do the same , Im not sure .

Aha! I've been there too. Funnily enough, I think it was also 89 (as I recall a shot of the Aston Martin I took from there). I'll have to see if I can find any shots.....
Old 24 Feb 2004, 14:12 (Ref:884049)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Aha! I've been there too. Funnily enough, I think it was also 89 (as I recall a shot of the Aston Martin I took from there). I'll have to see if I can find any shots.....
I got a pic that year of a Jag screaming through the kink , from the same place !!! Maybe I should put that address on my christmass list
Old 24 Feb 2004, 14:14 (Ref:884050)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just looked - I've got several pics through the trees from there, mostly Porsches, but certainly one of the Aston. None of them are on my site so I can't give you links - and my scanner is otherwise engaged at the mo.....
Old 24 Feb 2004, 14:39 (Ref:884075)   #63
The Badger
Veteran

Did it ever occur to you Ayse , to buy yourself a white overall and a dunlop sticker or a Gendarmarie fancy dress outfit ?
Old 24 Feb 2004, 14:40 (Ref:884076)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not until now........
Old 24 Feb 2004, 15:01 (Ref:884094)   #65
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've often thought it would be possible to dress as a bandsman, and carrying a trumpet, rush past the guy on the gate shouting i'm late and get onto the start straight and wander round the grid.

If that didn't work I could try dressing as a tropic girl, but do I want to get on the grid that much?
Old 24 Feb 2004, 16:16 (Ref:884139)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I might struggle to get away with the HT girl impersonation, somehow. Its not wearing the costume or finding enough cotton wool to stick down my front, but its the thought of having to turn those cartwheels along the main straight......
Old 24 Feb 2004, 16:25 (Ref:884153)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
If that didn't work I could try dressing as a tropic girl, but do I want to get on the grid that much?
Its not about "what you want" its about how much we would like to see you doing your aerobic routine ..... yasee !!!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 17:10 (Ref:884195)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No you wouldn't - believe me!
Old 24 Feb 2004, 19:05 (Ref:884301)   #69
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still havn't made to the Mulsanne, I will get there one day..........
Old 24 Feb 2004, 19:23 (Ref:884333)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's always this year then Rob
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:12 (Ref:886033)   #71
The Badger
Veteran

Ive been trying to get to the run from Arnage to the Porsche curves for years , can it be done without having a white overall on ?
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:42 (Ref:886065)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I don't believe so.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:09 (Ref:886154)   #73
The Badger
Veteran

Ive often thought of going to LeMans in the winter for a tree cutting session ..... lmao ..... I wonder what the locals would make of that !!! Or better still hire a few vietnamese and dig my own tunnel complex ..... would suit the name "Badger" .....
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:34 (Ref:886187)   #74
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Ive often thought of going to LeMans in the winter for a tree cutting session ..... lmao ..... I wonder what the locals would make of that !!! Or better still hire a few vietnamese and dig my own tunnel complex ..... would suit the name "Badger" .....
I think I posted this information last week somewhere... in this area, you wil face mostly private houses and lawns... careful with that axe, Eugene !
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:50 (Ref:886218)   #75
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I think I posted this information last week somewhere... in this area, you wil face mostly private houses and lawns... careful with that axe, Eugene !
Who's Eugene Fab ?! I was thinking more of "detcord" actually !!!