Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2004, 00:42 (Ref:1004202)   #51
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh..so i see..i guess RB should be waved by into the lead then...in order to please the critics.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1004272)   #52
KaiserSose
Rookie

United States
Olympia, WA
KaiserSose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher retiring is the only thing that will please the critics, I think.

Then, when the Ferraris don't seem as fabulous without him, it'll be because of the strides the other teams have made, not because MS really WAS that good.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 01:59 (Ref:1022037)   #53
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite everything, it's still a great spectacle

There are a lot of things to get worked up about in F1--tobacco sponsorship, the changing calendar, high costs, qualifying rules, Bernie, Michael's dominance, the list goes on and on. Sometimes we get so worked up about these issues that we forget about the good things--the spectacle of race day, the wonderful machines, the courage of the drivers, a beautiful venue like Montreal.

But attend a race weekend like the recent Canadian Grand Prix and you will remember what attracts you to the sport of Formula 1. The weather was gorgeous and so were the babes. The grandstands were full even for test day. The Historic Grand Prix organization put on a great show reminding us of the great tradition of the sport. Yeah, Michael won again but so what, he deserved to. Other teams and drivers had their chances and they didn't capitalize on them.

It was my fifth in a row Grand Prix du Canada and I enjoyed it as much as ever. I have never been to another F1 race, but I find it hard to imagine a better venue...well, OK maybe Monaco but it's beyond my budget.

I've already posted a couple links to some of my Montreal photos, but I just finished uploading the last ones. With my novice skills as a photographer, I can't really do justice to what I saw, but I do try to take some pictures that will give you a feeling for the event and the great city of Montreal. If you'd like to see them, you can find them here:

Photos from the 2004 Canadian GP weekend in Montreal

There are five folders of pictures:

1) Downtown scene
2) Historic Grand Prix
3) F1 Babes
4) The race
5) Post race

Last edited by BobHWS; 1 Jul 2004 at 02:00.