Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jun 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1019214)   #51
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing I wish they would stop is saying the F1 starts at half twelve then not actually racing til like 1:15! I always miss part of the race because I leave while the pre-race stuff is on and then find they're like 20 laps in!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHH!
Old 28 Jun 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1019218)   #52
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was annoyed because it normally says in the paper what time the GP is due to start - they didn't for the Canada GP and I missed loads of the beginning of that because of it...
Old 28 Jun 2004, 19:09 (Ref:1019221)   #53
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Canadian Grand Prix is the only race that has started at a time other than you'd expect, to be fair.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:09 (Ref:1020903)   #54
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
In terms of programme starts to race starts...that is never a problem for me, perhaps essentially because, over the years, one knows when it all happens. The start/programme start thing seems like a complaint with very limited justification in my opininon.

The ITV production standards are disgraceful. Their "analyisis" is shocking, their priorities are obscene. They are all absolute ********. Martin Brundle is their one saving grace, although even he, sadly, is slipping a bit as time goes on (being infected by the dross that surrounds him, possibly).

The advertising other sports during the "analysis" period drives me mad. They are all talking a bunch of **** most of the time, but I would rather watch them talk ****e about F1 than advertise football, or tennis, or whatever.

Them not showing Press Conferences....that is the most annoying. When we do not see them in order to listen to "analysis" **** longer is not great; although, more reasonable than just giving a 30-second: "Hello, welcome back, well, 'X' won, good afternoon".

I seem to recall for, I think, the USGP where it was claimed they would show the Press Conference on the highlights, but didn't. I was sitting their with video controller in hand, ready to record it to add to the post-race bits for my archive. They had a couple of driver comments, which I happily added, but I remember no PC. Maybe it wasn't the USGP, but I think it was.

I won't rant about James Allen again. Hopefully tonight, like some other occasions, last night being the most recent, I will dream a dream where James suffers - at my hands preferably.

Yes, I dream such things. Boy, they are satisfying.