Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1242072)   #51
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many countries have not donated 1/10th of their annual income, as neither have done many big companies (name the one you want) I think MS is quite arrogant person most of the times, but we should recognize a good gesture when we see, and this one is very good, think if you were indonesian or so, you would thank this kind of help...
Old 4 Mar 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1242090)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
about 1/10 of his yearly tax-free income.
What an odd attitude. He didn't have to give anything. Are we just trying to find the bad in people?
Old 4 Mar 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1242371)   #53
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably Jason donated 20% of his income immediately.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1242568)   #54
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=DavidStHubbins]I think this is an old news item AJ. /QUOTE]

woops, sorry to y'all for dredging up old news and thanks to whatever mod cleared up my mess !
I thought I might give poor old wrex such a shock he'd have to jumpstart his pacemaker and redo the combover - imagine AJ starting a positive thread about ole Micky.
Seriously, a very generous donation by Michael.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1242809)   #55
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
AJ, always trying to shock

Jason, what can I say. The most scathing comments I could muster could'nt make you look as silly as you have alredy achieved yourself.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1243511)   #56
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
Michael has also been a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. at some time and has said on one of those occasions that what he does is relatively unimportant, the people who worked with the poor and needy, and in meeting third world need, were the real heroes, (or something to that effect).
I also suspect that MS is actually a lot more humble and realistic about his talent and ability than many think and it is perhaps a personal shyness and the need for some privacy, plus the relentless PR demands for his time that creates the impression of arrogance. I don't see that in many of his interviews and personal public comments about various issues. He actually seems a lot more down to earth and less self absorbed and more 'well balanced' than several other drivers...
I think that you are right on with your assesment of MS.. I feel the same way
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1243599)   #57
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I would agree. I think it come across quite clearly, in the small amounts we get to see, that he is far from this arrogant, cold-hearted machine that many try to portray.

Last edited by Dutton; 5 Mar 2005 at 21:05.