Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 7 Mar 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1245934)   #51
maddogf3
Racer

England
maddogf3 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We are back to the same old thing -- The biggest thing to happen (we even got a spread in motoring news ) "James Winslow"!!! and the Managment saw fit to chuck him out for swearing. the publicity he got for us was great, far more than anybody else has. and for free .He could of been the instigator of our championship being one of the leaders in club racing .Now we have 3 classes and about 15 ready to race -- Great racing ? Ithink not . A lot of us are very Sorry and sad
Old 8 Mar 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1246387)   #52
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 classes now?

what are they?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1246395)   #53
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
I seriously considered Mono 2000 but couldn't get very motivated about it. I for one, like the people in ARP enjoy driving a car as it was designed & against people with similar machinery, not a 2 litre ferous block run what yer brung, not knocking it, just my preferance. I may eat humble pie & turn up at a mono round later in the year to have a go, not forgeting my 20 kilo's of personal ballast.
I agree with your sentiments about driving the car as it was designed. If you do make it to a Mono round this year, go to Spa, its great. Your 20kg personal ballast shouldn't matter, as the cars must meet a minimum weight with the driver (580kg?) and you need to jack it up to 40mm, rear wing 90cm max height and width. They don't check much else apart from your fire extinguisher.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1246397)   #54
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't bother with the rideheight for Spa - like they've got anything to check it with...
Old 8 Mar 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1246398)   #55
JohnMiller
Veteran

Found the site with the 3 classes. It seems 1993 to 1996 chassis are in both Class A & Class B.

!!!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 08:51 (Ref:1246409)   #56
Jon Gray
Rookie

England
North Wales
Jon Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARP have produced a guide to racing in the championship soon it will be posted on our web site. If any body is truly interested in racing in ARP please feel free to email me for details as I have competed in the championship for the past seven years and know the real costs and what’s involved.

As part of our commitment to the championship we will again be giving the Champion of Oulton a free test in one of our cars. Still to be arranged where and when.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1246419)   #57
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Gray
As part of our commitment to the championship we will again be giving the Champion of Oulton a free test in one of our cars. Still to be arranged where and when.
Thanks again Jon and all at Grays Motorsport
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1246462)   #58
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
I agree with your sentiments about driving the car as it was designed. If you do make it to a Mono round this year, go to Spa, its great. Your 20kg personal ballast shouldn't matter, as the cars must meet a minimum weight with the driver (580kg?) and you need to jack it up to 40mm, rear wing 90cm max height and width. They don't check much else apart from your fire extinguisher.
That is what i mean by my personal ballast, my car weighs 465-470 kg (standard single seater weight really) I weigh in at 70kg & that weight is achieved with hard effort & will power so i would begrudge having to carry an extra 20 kg to make up for my lack of mid girth. Any way i'm still searching for a bit of plate big enough & a space to put it before i can compete
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1246537)   #59
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mono 2000 weight limit is 560kg not 580kg.

Last edited by andy97; 8 Mar 2005 at 11:49.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1246545)   #60
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstart
Given what went on last season in ARP I wonder how many drivers they will have out this year. Given that they already had problems with grid numbers and also that BARC F Renault struggled it would seem obvious to combine these two series as the performance from a post 2000 F Renault is quite similar to an ARP car. Given that this suggestion would produce full grids, hopefully exciting racing and a very good spectacle I assume that there is no prospect of anything sensible like this happening.
There is a precedent for this. ARP F3 ran with (admitedly only a few) FVLs a few years ago.

The problem is that F Renault is run by the BARC and the ARP F3 by the BRSCC. I doubt if the two will agree to cooperate. In my view, the same problem occurred with National Supersports and the Duratec engined Pro Sports 2000 which could have combined as part of an (even better) Sports 2000 series. Instead we have British Open Sports Cars taking entries from every other series for cars with 2 seats (didn't we try that a few years ago?), Sports 2000 (which I know is very healthy) and Britsports.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1246581)   #61
JohnMiller
Veteran

I don't think ARP is necessarily any more BRSCC than the MRC.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1246622)   #62
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Mono is an independent club which just happens to "buy" races on some BRSCC meetings, amongst others. ARP F3 is a BRSCC Championship (according to the BRSCC's own web site).
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1247676)   #63
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
Mono is an independent club which just happens to "buy" races on some BRSCC meetings, amongst others. ARP F3 is a BRSCC Championship (according to the BRSCC's own web site).

And the advantage they have is that they dont need to be registered members of the BRSCC. Saves 140 quid.... good result really.

I have to shell out 300 quid before I can even enter a race
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1247698)   #64
JohnMiller
Veteran

You do have to be a member of the MRC though and, in my experience, they always get the arse-end of race slots and paddock space
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1247706)   #65
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
But at least they go to Spa
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:52 (Ref:1247708)   #66
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
AND Anglesea ;-)
Old 9 Mar 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1247749)   #67
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
AND Anglesea ;-)
Good man Andy.
In fact, Cleggie is testing there this Saturday. I suppose all my FF1600 drivers will be complaining about him getting in their way and he'll be sulking as there is some bloke out in a Jedi and he will get blown away again [just like in December] double
Old 9 Mar 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1248046)   #68
schomosport
Racer

schomosport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
You do have to be a member of the MRC though and, in my experience, they always get the arse-end of race slots and paddock space
But garages at Snetteton in 2004 ( to make up for a c*ck up that put both parts of a double header on Sunday) and again at Donington whilst ARP F3 sat out in the rain. Credit where it's due!
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1248224)   #69
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by schomosport
But garages at Snetteton in 2004 ( to make up for a c*ck up that put both parts of a double header on Sunday) and again at Donington whilst ARP F3 sat out in the rain. Credit where it's due!
However, in the 30 meetings I've raced in Mono, they were the first 2 occaisions where we got garages. Mostly we are at the back of the paddock on the grass while 6 T-Cars have a garage each.
Also, look how often we have had sign on at 7.45am, qual at 9.45 and the race at 17.00!
Old 10 Mar 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1248359)   #70
JohnMiller
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by schomosport
to make up for a cock up that put both parts of a double header on Sunday
Why oh why do the MRC want to spread 50 minutes of tracktime over two whole days?
Old 10 Mar 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1248365)   #71
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because they think we cannot cope with 2 races on one day...I really do not understand it, as it is very difficult for most people with families to disapear for a whole weekend and is the reason why I will only be doing a couple of mono races this season.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1248636)   #72
Arty B
Racer

England
England
Arty B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I note that you do not have any aversion to accepting the MRC invite to Spa!
Old 10 Mar 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1248643)   #73
Arty B
Racer

England
England
Arty B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
However, in the 30 meetings I've raced in Mono, they were the first 2 occaisions where we got garages. Mostly we are at the back of the paddock on the grass while 6 T-Cars have a garage each.
Also, look how often we have had sign on at 7.45am, qual at 9.45 and the race at 17.00!
I recall being in a garage every time the MRC have been to Silverstone. Where else other than Brands ( garages there somtimes ) and Oulton in addition to Donington and Croft where we have had them would you expect them? Pembrey, Ty Croes, Mallory, Castle Combe, Cadwell do not have the facilities. Every competitor is in the open.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1248725)   #74
JohnMiller
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty B
I note that you do not have any aversion to accepting the MRC invite to Spa!
Eh what chief - not invited? I'm a member of the club and have raced sporadically with them for about 5 years...

And you can get the entire meeting entry in the Silverstone Pits!

ActiveMS pointed out that MRC racers save by not needing to be BRSCC members and I pointed out that BRSCC do not have to be MRC members...

I'm not anti-Mono at all, just pointing out that they generally get crap start times and positions... (possibly through being outside the BRSCC). And I think spreading racing across both Saturday and Sunday to be a right knobjockey idea.

In fact a Mono 'weekender' reminds me more of caravanning with my parents as opposed to motor racing.

Last edited by JohnMiller; 10 Mar 2005 at 17:10.
Old 10 Mar 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1248776)   #75
Neil1982
Racer

England
Kidderminster
Neil1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eh what chief - not invited? I'm a member of the club and have raced sporadically with them for about 5 years...

And I think spreading racing across both Saturday and Sunday to be a right knobjockey idea.

In fact a Mono 'weekender' reminds me more of caravanning with my parents as opposed to motor racing.
Many people ( I for one) enjoy the double header weekends, and would be disappointed if the MRC scrapped them.

The MRC have difficulty enough in securing enough race weekends anyhow, and I think getting the required number of single headers for a full championship would not be possible.

Putting double headers all on one day does not always leave enough time for some drivers to do required maintenance on their cars, also with the mono club putting out 2 (sometimes 3) grids I don’t think other clubs would be best pleased with the MRC eating up most of the track time.