Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Jun 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2485850)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We could start a new group between the three of us!Personally I have grown sick and tired of see-ing the amount of expectant/new mothers over in this section of the island,guess where they are all from,the clue is they are not British!!I am so greatfull that the money I have paid in every month since 65 is actually doing someone some good!. Seem's that the only realistic thing to do is wave bye bye to the UuuuuK and get onto the mainland. The German back roads around the Nurburgring area never cease to amaize me with their quality,little wonder it's sooo popular with bikers.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2497457)   #52
Elms
Rookie

England
Bristol, England
Elms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm driving to Spa for the F1 this year and was wondering if anyone had any advice about parking. Are the official parking passes necessary? How easy is it to park without one?

Cheers for any help.
Old 7 Jul 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2497475)   #53
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
without looking at the maps specific to the f1, the alternatives are usually parking in the town of francourchamps (sp, probably) in a field/someone's back yard and pay about 10-15€ a day for the privilege. if you choose that option be prepared to walk a long way to the circuit and a long way while you're at the circuit.

i would suggest going for the parking passes, but that is based on me personally preferring to have as little as possible left to chance!
Old 8 Jul 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2497634)   #54
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If your not too bothered about being in the Paddock area,you might try taking the Ster road up to the outside of Les Combes.Plenty of open space for parking,very short walk to be trackside etc,but you will need to be there early.
Old 8 Jul 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2497641)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
we have been to the 6 hour sportscar race for the last couple of years and drive everytime, originally got a very early ferry on Sunday drove to the race and came striaight back after the race.

This year went on friday stayed in a very nice hotel about 5 miles from the track and home after the race.

Race finished at 6.00pm left straifgt away and we made the 10.00pm ferry at Calais, and that was in a TR4 and a Stag with the roofs down so speeds were legal.

If you love cars/driving why even think about anything else.