Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Dec 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1490662)   #51
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiaml
It'll definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out. While I don't expect either team to win any races this year, I wouldn't be completely surprised with at least one podium finish.
That's not much. Williams had 4 podium finishes this year, two of which in 1 race, depsite having a crappy car.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1490669)   #52
billiaml
Racer

United States
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA
billiaml should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
That's not much. Williams had 4 podium finishes this year, two of which in 1 race, depsite having a crappy car.
No. it isn't -- not for Williams, anyway. Otoh, it would be a bigger deal for RBR, since they didn't manage any last year; and, if memory serves, Jag didn't manage one the year before that.
Old 27 Dec 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1490698)   #53
alf
Racer

alf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
Disagree. Compare MS to any of his team-mates.

Disagree again. 10ths of a second cost many $millions to design into an F1 car. If a driver was consistently 10ths of a sec slower than his team-mate, he'd be either out the door or facing severe questions as to why. Many drivers could get a car to 95% of its potential, its the few that make it in F1 who reliably extract 100%.
If, however, you are making the argument about the car carrying more of the competitive advantage than the driver in F1, I tend to agree.

Maybe you should take a look at your tyres and setup?
lots of disagreeing . I will try and respond!!:
no matter how you dress it up a tenth (that is singular) of a second is a very small measurment of time, if asked to demonstrate the duration, a human being could not, only a very acurate time piece can. However, dispite this duration being virtualy insignificant in almost every other walk of life , in competition it is significant. so dispite that Barichello and Schumacher may be able to lap Silverstone within 1/10 th of a second of each other, 1 is good and 1 is great!

nes pas?

I agree that to make a car improve by a 1/10th of a second costs big bucks but the point I make is that there are good cars and not so good cars, and on average, if you put a good driver in a good car he will usualy do well. put a bad driver in a bad car and he will not do so well, put a bad driver in a good car and he will do better put a good driver in a bad car and he will do worse.

ref tyres and set up issue, I am sure I still have lessons to learn, ( i self finance, and run 2 companies as well as the team so to be fair the time is my biggest obstacle,) but as anyone who races knows that from the top to the bottom there are cheats, who will spend a bomb on bent parts to make it go fast in a strait line but, are cr*p when it comes to corners, making the rain a great leveler, and you see them sweating pre race, its great
Old 27 Dec 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1490724)   #54
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At most tracks Rubens can't get within a tenth of Michael - Silverstone is perhaps the only exception. Otherwise you're largely correct. Once you're within 4 seconds of the fastest car, each 1/10th of a second becomes harder and more expensive to find.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 01:36 (Ref:1490816)   #55
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst the Williams of 2005 was no thing of beauty, early and then again late in the season it wasnt that bad a thing. There were rounds where it was one of the 3 quickest packages that given weekend, and if drivers hadnt binned their cars or had tyre problems etc, they could have scored better results. But thats racing.

I am hoping that Williams are on the ball at the start of the season, but i am expecting RBR to be picking up momentum from the 2005 season. I dont think either team will have consistant pace, rather flashes of pace and good weekends