Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2006, 03:31 (Ref:1497115)   #51
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Look I know there's an unwritten rule somewhere that says all the Brits must think Webber's crap and all the Aussies must think Button's crap, but this is all getting a tiny bit boring.

Button has yet to prove himself as an outright #1 driver capable of winning races and championships. So has Webber.

I also think part of the reason there's so much British/Aussie rivalry going on here is that in reality they are very, very close to each other both in terms of ability and potential. They both strike me as drivers who might, one year, if things go their way, win a WDC. Neither of them strike me as being anywhere near as good as Raikkonen and Alonso.
100% well said
Old 8 Jan 2006, 04:16 (Ref:1497122)   #52
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Look I know there's an unwritten rule somewhere that says all the Brits must think Webber's crap and all the Aussies must think Button's crap, but this is all getting a tiny bit boring.

Button has yet to prove himself as an outright #1 driver capable of winning races and championships. So has Webber.

I also think part of the reason there's so much British/Aussie rivalry going on here is that in reality they are very, very close to each other both in terms of ability and potential. They both strike me as drivers who might, one year, if things go their way, win a WDC. Neither of them strike me as being anywhere near as good as Raikkonen and Alonso.
Good points, well made garcon.

I am with you, every JB or MW thread ends up the same way.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1497147)   #53
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That's exactly the kind of nonsense I was talking about.

Ryan, as you're new here I suggest you look around Ten Tenths a little more and maybe grow up a little?

Garcon

Last edited by garcon; 8 Jan 2006 at 11:51. Reason: Childish flaming
Old 8 Jan 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1497176)   #54
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the wonderful thing about the internet - you don't know whether youre reading stuff by mature adults or five year-olds. The Button/Webber crap is a super example of that dont you think. For my unbiased opinion, Button has had several more years thasn Webber in a top team and should have delivered by now, as he has all the right attributes, or does he? My $ are on Barrichello shading him this year. After all Crashato was hardly a competitive team-mate. Webber? He'll squash Rosberg and, if the car is half okay, may well deliver on the early promise and get his first win(s).
Old 8 Jan 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1497178)   #55
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS: Irvine. What a joke. Beaten (in a Jag) by Webber in a Minardi! No guts, no strength of character (that a team could use). Classic case of good riddance.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1497208)   #56
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Do you think that's the reason Schuey got by Jens and didn't get by Alonso ?
Yes, at the chicane JB had to slow for a car in front of him, which let MS pounce on him. Unlike Alonso as well, JB was still pushing to try and catch the car in front so didn't want to defend as rigourosly.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1497209)   #57
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't have a problem with Webber as such actually, its some of his fans rubbishing JB that gets up me. I only critisise MW in retailiation. I don't go on MW threads and start posting flaming comments on how poor I think he is with no attempt at a proper conversation, its just childish. Case in point: -

[quoted post removed]

Last edited by garcon; 8 Jan 2006 at 11:51.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1497216)   #58
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
I don't have a problem with Webber as such actually, its some of his fans rubbishing JB that gets up me.

Thats a two way street you are drive on Button Fans are just the same
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1497219)   #59
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Why don't you read the rest of my post? I was talking for myself not other JB fans.

There are always going to be fans on either side that are like this, but they are in the minority. I'm not saying all MW or JB fans are like this at all.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1497223)   #60
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If we have to edit/delete/warn another post in here the thread will be locked.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1497233)   #61
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
agreed Maximus
Old 8 Jan 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1497237)   #62
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
I think I put my first sentence in a bit harshly though so sorry for that.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1497240)   #63
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
thats cool
Old 8 Jan 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1497514)   #64
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its only in spec racing that we can clearly see who does not have the talent to win.

The thing we all forget is that its the car that really matters. They are not close enough for the drivers to make much of a difference. This year the Macs and Renaults were pretty close together but on outright pace the Macs were a clear leader. I dont know if JB would have beaten Alonso in Renault he may not be as fast as him or he may be faster, but I still feel that he would have definately been at least a contender in that car. In fact I feel that most of the drivers spoken about here would have been winning in a Renault this year. Alonso was clearly the teams favorite as I feel he should have been based on performance.

Its the car that makes the man. As I said, I feel that if Honda brings a proper race car, JB will be a race winner. Honda needs to give him the car first! When JB was at Williams he did not have a winning car, same for Benneton/Renault. Fisi beat him beacuse JB was a child trying to play a mans sport. Also, I feel his abilities had gotten him so far that he did not realize that it was his attitude that would make him exceptional. I feel he sees it now. These racers are the elite and are all capable of winning given the right car.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1497551)   #65
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Webber? He'll squash Rosberg
For what it's worth, I think Webber is fairly quick, but I'm not convinced he'll beat Rosberg. He looks like he might turn out a hot talent and is a good racer.

Button I think has improved tremendously. Very consistent, and getting better at the overtaking it seems. My only question mark lies with the fact that he didn't thrash Fisichella when they were both at Benetton, and Fisichella looked very poor to me this season. This is mainly why I assume Button to have improved a lot.

Quote:
Its only in spec racing that we can clearly see who does not have the talent to win.
This pretty much sums it up lol. That said, I don't like the idea of teams being able to buy customer chassis. Every F1 "purist" has their own ideas as to what constitues F1. And I've always believed building your own chassis to be a part of the game (even if they are getting more restricted in terms of innovation and seem to be more and more identical )