Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Feb 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1526028)   #51
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
According to the QR website there isnt definatly a v8 race there in 2006 ?!?!

July 22-24
Maybe you have become confused - in one sentence you are saying there isn't a race then you give a date.

Is this date for the non-race that isn't going to happen?

Or is it the date for the race that was going to happen, that now won't and the date is being kept free for a go-kart meeting?
Old 19 Feb 2006, 04:06 (Ref:1526043)   #52
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So does this mean that the Championship will be 12 rounds this year? I'd hate to be a team boss at this stage of the season. The way its going, someone will turn up to go racing at Oran Park while the rest of the V8 Brigade are in Bahrain...
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 19 Feb 2006, 04:28 (Ref:1526047)   #53
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
But isnt the whole area surrounding Queensland Raceway flat ?

are they going to put some artificial hills into the circuit ?

Does anyone have a map of Queensland Raceway and the surrounding land that is part of the raceway, what real estate do they have to play with ?
There was an elevation change (read hill) in the original plans but it was taken out as the builders fell behind schedule.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 19 Feb 2006, 04:28 (Ref:1526048)   #54
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo
Maybe that weekend was earmarked by the chinese during the "face-to-face" talks that we don't know about.
Maybe V8SA can now "cleverly" arrange to slot the Shanghai round into the weekend vacated because of the inability to come to terms with organisers at QR.
How would this solve the issue of the millions of dollars lost on last years race.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1526205)   #55
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
There was an elevation change (read hill) in the original plans but it was taken out as the builders fell behind schedule.
can't see what the problems are with Queensland Raceway.Been there only once for the Procar meeting in 2002[crowd maybe 8000] was perfect viewing everywhere,free access to the pits,midwinter in Queensland is balmy, accomodation is cheap.Ii's not Bathurst,but 25000 people would get a good look at the racing,maybe more if the corporate cretins were kept back.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1526223)   #56
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
can't see what the problems are with Queensland Raceway.Been there only once for the Procar meeting in 2002[crowd maybe 8000] was perfect viewing everywhere,free access to the pits,midwinter in Queensland is balmy, accomodation is cheap.Ii's not Bathurst,but 25000 people would get a good look at the racing,maybe more if the corporate cretins were kept back.
I'm talking about a hill as part of the track - having trouble remembering where it was going to be but irrc it was going to be ala Calder.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 19 Feb 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1526524)   #57
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
I heard of elevation changes, and a big change to at least one corner.
Quote:
This would have made the circuit much much better. Would be interesting to see some on and off camber corners - we don't have many of those on circuits in Australia.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1527886)   #58
Woolcor
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Qld
Woolcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
Hear Hear Johhny, been going for the last few years myself. Whilst not the most exciting layout, you can see the entire track from most positions and have a good day out with the family at a reasonable price. Unlike Indy, our alternative in Qld, which costs a fortune and gives you a view of about 200 metres of track at any point.

QR may not be pretty but it is a well attended event and is just as important as Winton, Barbagello, Oran Park etc in being accessible to the common day man and his family to get their annual V8 fix. Would prefer it here than China or Bahrain that's for sure.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1527913)   #59
risky
Rookie

Australia
a sunny qld pub
risky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm talking about a hill as part of the track - having trouble remembering where it was going to be but irrc it was going to be ala Calder.
turn 1 with banking thru to turn 2. basically no spectator mound. would of made it a very interesting circuit indeed.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1527928)   #60
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An Oran Park type bridge at the back of the circuit would not interfere with the spectators viewing and add a bit of interest to the track. I also think turn 2 could be changed quiet easily to make it more interesting also.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1527937)   #61
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
An Oran Park type bridge at the back of the circuit would not interfere with the spectators viewing and add a bit of interest to the track. I also think turn 2 could be changed quiet easily to make it more interesting also.
The track could be quite easily be turned into a big oval (of sorts) as well but I doubt if anyone has the money to do anything about.

I personally don't find the track that boring, I've been there quite a few times and sat over at the back straight where you are almost over the top of the cars.
They fairly fly past there and I've even been smacked in the face with tyre rubber.
It's main attraction is you can see the whole track from any position around the circuit.