Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:01 (Ref:2015794)   #51
minifox
Racer

England
milton keynes
minifox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was a great day on saturday as my first day on post flagging at woodcote
was quite hard work doing the blue but was helped along the way by everyone on post so thanks for a great day will be back to do some more meetings soon
Old 17 Sep 2007, 15:34 (Ref:2015825)   #52
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh yeah forgot about the 207 race
we were having a briefing from the french people at the time
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:07 (Ref:2015867)   #53
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Agree with the above, except the 207's. They would have been better on the National Circuit, and, personally, they looked c**p. On another point.....The paddock bar said it was staying open until 2245 on Saturday night, so myself and some other tenthers, including Woolley and Stack, were enjoying a drink and a chat when, at 2045, we were told the bar was closing. At this moment more people tried to come in, only to be told that the bar was shut. If it had stayed open there would have been a fair crowd in there. This new catering firm that Silverstone has taken on has to wake up to everybodies needs instead of pleasing itself when it opens. Apart from that, it was a good weekend.
Have to agree with the catering, I was only spectating this one, was really weird, kept forgetting I could watch the backs of the cars!!!
Anyway, I'm a Veggie, so all I could have was chips at all the catering wagons, no sandwiches at all in the paddock bar on Sunday, and If I had been marshalling I would have been right screwed up for food that weekend, Must try harder Silverstone catering people!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 18:33 (Ref:2016026)   #54
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney herbert
ChiaA. Please inform the circuit re the bar, if you don't tell them nothing will happen. glad you enjoyed the meeting hope you will come again(I drive a red car with a yellow strip) You stay safe. SYD.
Yes Syd, I will be back, next Saturday in fact! Already done nearly 40 days there this year. As far as the catering is concerned, this year its too late, but for next season a word in the right quarter might help.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2016232)   #55
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A pretty good meeting with a realistic timetable - pretty much kept to as well. Well done to the organisers because I was fearing the worst after the last one and got the opposite. The CER were awesome, some gorgeous cars and great racing. The 207s, though, oh dear. We decided that they were basically a waste of petrol. Dangerous ones too, going by #2s spinning under yellows while snatch was in progress at the exit of Copse. Not nice to watch. The other worrying moment was watching the Rolex advertising falling apart and causing significant danger to the drivers. Fortunately the bit that eventually fell off the gantry missed everyone and the circuit staff/JCB did a good job of taking it down under safety car.

Good to meet Stack and Chris A and catch up with a few other people I hadn't seen for a while. While the Paddock Bar closing early was irritating (just after half way through the rugby) at £7.20 (after 20% discount) for a glass of average wine and a bottle of Speckled Hen, I don't think I was going to be buying any more anyway. Disgraceful profiteering.

I had an interesting nomadic week-end - 3 posts over the 3 days, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I just need to sort out the caravan electrics now to see why the battery isn't charging, although it was very romantic in the candle light!
Old 18 Sep 2007, 08:57 (Ref:2016570)   #56
thefilbertfox
Rookie

Umm al-Qaiwan
Surrey
thefilbertfox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a top weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I agree with all the other above posts on the 207s, yawn. Fortunately I missed the Sunday race as we were getting our orders from the ACO Pit officials at the time.

BTW, the ACO Officials were very pleased with how the race went on Sunday and were thanking the pit marshals. Well done everyone! C'est tres bien!

Still haven't made my mind up where the best campsite is (inside or outside of the track @ Copse) although the portable showers are more powerful than those in the paddock!

Thank you to everyone who signed my Birthday card. I have still got the jitters from the triple strength Long Island Ice Tea.

Andy
Old 18 Sep 2007, 18:57 (Ref:2017261)   #57
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anybody is interested, the highlights are on Motors TV at 2000 tonight( a 2hr prog ).