Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:34 (Ref:3798328)   #726
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that we know the drivers are okay, I can admit my crush on that Commodore estate safety vehicle. You know that emoji with hearts for eyes? That's what I'd put here.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:35 (Ref:3798329)   #727
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red flag? Not sure what I think about that.

Sounds like the drivers are okay for a nasty shunt.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3798330)   #728
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Now that we know the drivers are okay, I can admit my crush on that Commodore estate safety vehicle. You know that emoji with hearts for eyes? That's what I'd put here.
I've been loving that for a while.

I guess I'll grab one more bourbon.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3798331)   #729
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst supplying the drama again, will they give them the rest of the remaining time to race again now the race has been suspended?
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3798332)   #730
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Shameful display by the flag marshalls leading up to that Mercedes obliterating the Audi.

In the time between when they SHOULD have started to wave a local yellow to when the Mercedes arrived to t-bone the damn thing was a solid 7-10 seconds. Only when the Mercedes was out of the sight lines of the Marshal post did they finally bring out the flag.

Utterly UTTERLY shameful reaction time.
Happens pretty much every time there's a major shunt there.

It doesn't help that yellow flags get ignored.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3798333)   #731
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stopping the clock here is a huge decision. Would be interested to see what the rules say about this!?
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3798334)   #732
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Shameful display by the flag marshalls leading up to that Mercedes obliterating the Audi.

In the time between when they SHOULD have started to wave a local yellow to when the Mercedes arrived to t-bone the damn thing was a solid 7-10 seconds. Only when the Mercedes was out of the sight lines of the Marshal post did they finally bring out the flag.

Yeah spotted that too. No doubt there are tired marshals out there but jeez that is an absolutely critical part of the track that is run blind by the competitors & being quick on the yellows there should be paramount & top priority.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:39 (Ref:3798335)   #733
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Clock is running. I suspect the race will end under red flag.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:39 (Ref:3798336)   #734
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Been on the mountain have you?
It is the identical situation to the Mark Porter incident, it is a blind spot for drivers.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3798337)   #735
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Red flag? Not sure what I think about that.

Sounds like the drivers are okay for a nasty shunt.
I don't think they know yet
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3798338)   #736
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Stopping the clock here is a huge decision. Would be interested to see what the rules say about this!?
It's started again, so there's some strange things happening...

5 mins so it's done not matter what imho. Can't get anything going again at this point.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3798339)   #737
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Happens pretty much every time there's a major shunt there.

It doesn't help that yellow flags get ignored.
Sadly you are right.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3798340)   #738
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Game over.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3798341)   #739
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Bummer how it ended but congrats to Audi!
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3798342)   #740
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Audi and WRT, I guess.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3798343)   #741
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the race is now between Frijns and Whincup.

Glad that all the drivers involved in that accident are ok, it was sickening.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3798344)   #742
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think someone has been seriously injured, those cars haven't even been attempted to be recovered, I sincerely hope not
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3798345)   #743
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I think the race is now between Frijns and Whincup.

Glad that all the drivers involved in that accident are ok, it was sickening.
Race called, #37 Audi wins.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:43 (Ref:3798346)   #744
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Feel like they should have endeavoured to clear a path through the debris and keep them rolling until the clock ran out. Weird way to end it but glad they didn't stop the clock which would have been madness.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3798347)   #745
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Audi I guess, what a let down of a finish, at least it appears all 3 drivers in the accident are relatively ok.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3798348)   #746
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I think someone has been seriously injured, those cars haven't even been attempted to be recovered, I sincerely hope not
They've said that the drivers have gotten out of their cars with minimal assistance so I hope that means they're alright.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3798349)   #747
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Been on the mountain have you?
It is the identical situation to the Mark Porter incident, it is a blind spot for drivers.
But its not blind for the marshalls
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3798350)   #748
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Feel like they should have endeavoured to clear a path through the debris and keep them rolling until the clock ran out. Weird way to end it but glad they didn't stop the clock which would have been madness.
Yeah, I agree, but I think there was a lot of circumstance that got thrown into it.

It still seems a little cheap but I guess that's Motor Racing sometimes.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:48 (Ref:3798351)   #749
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
But its not blind for the marshalls
You are right Pecky, but you can wave as many yellows as you like, it is blind for the drivers until it is too late.

About the only difference to Porters were they were both left hand drive.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3798352)   #750
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
They've said that the drivers have gotten out of their cars with minimal assistance so I hope that means they're alright.
I was concerned there was a copper walking about the scene and the cars hadn't been touched, possibly because it's technically a public road, fingers crossed