Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2908487)   #726
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speedcafe reports here that Mr Ricciardo is RACING in F1 at Silverstone

...for HRT!!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2908489)   #727
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erm, surely this is nonsense...!?
Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2908494)   #728
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well hey, it's a start.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2908497)   #729
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Poor Narain!

I can't see him missing out on his home GP!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2908500)   #730
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Hilarious.

What on earth were HRT thinking?! They bring in Narain, clearly for the Indian GP, then ditch him before it...?! What's the point??

I mean, i'm all for Ric getting the seat as he clearly has more relevancy than Narain, but I just don't really get it.

It'll be good for Ric to get some time driving, and it's also nice to see a driver 'start from the back' like the good old days. He'll learn some F1 style racecraft and learn more about the tyres and their management.

Plus, driving anything after a HRT would seem immaculate!

Selby
--
EDIT - I wonder if he'd bring any Red Bull sponsorship with him? Because by God that car needs some...
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2908502)   #731
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Hilarious.

What on earth were HRT thinking?! They bring in Narain, clearly for the Indian GP, then ditch him before it...?! What's the point??

according to that article, he'll be driving at the Indian GP
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2908511)   #732
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Great news for Daniel , bad luck for Narain but thats racing , Go get em Daniel (by that I mean Glock and Dambrosio )
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2908514)   #733
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
according to that article, he'll be driving at the Indian GP
I'm sure that he'll be full of confidence in the car after having such a long break.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2908516)   #734
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news if true, will be the first time since the 1977 Austrian GP that two Aussies have started a Grand Prix (Jones and Schuppan)
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2908518)   #735
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ahhh awesome was just going to ask that very question , knew it had to be the 70's but was thinking more along the lines of Jones and Perkins perhaps.

Thanks for clearing that up
Old 30 Jun 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2908525)   #736
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets hope history might repeat itself too, the last time two Aussies ran in the same GP, we had an Aussie win
Old 30 Jun 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2908532)   #737
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... Sorry but I don't see this as good news for Ricciardo. Ok, it's good to have a seat in F1, but HRT is not exactly the best way to promote a driver, instead it can get others upset to be "blocking" the faster ones, like said last race, they're "moving chicanes".
Old 30 Jun 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2908536)   #738
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps Mr Ricciardo can unlock some speed and/or some development potential in the car
Old 30 Jun 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2908541)   #739
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps Mr Ricciardo can unlock some speed and/or some development potential in the car
I would have thought that was Liuzzi's job.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2908570)   #740
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Uhn... Sorry but I don't see this as good news for Ricciardo. Ok, it's good to have a seat in F1, but HRT is not exactly the best way to promote a driver, instead it can get others upset to be "blocking" the faster ones, like said last race, they're "moving chicanes".
I disagree. As a result of the testing ban, too many promising careers have been destroyed by parachuting inexperienced F1 novices into top teams only to have them fail to shine from day one and then be dismissed. Here Daniel can make his mistakes away from the spotlight and learn his craft.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2908574)   #741
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Are HRT getting their new parts made by Red Bull Technology perhaps? Might we see an RB7 powered by Cosworth show at Silverstone
Old 30 Jun 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2908620)   #742
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I disagree. As a result of the testing ban, too many promising careers have been destroyed by parachuting inexperienced F1 novices into top teams only to have them fail to shine from day one and then be dismissed. Here Daniel can make his mistakes away from the spotlight and learn his craft.
Ok, that's one good thing of something that as a whole is not a good deal. It didn't any good for Bruno Senna, and many thought it was a big chance for him.
Let's hope it can be different now.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 14:42 (Ref:2908637)   #743
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But Bononi Bruno didnt have the Red Bull backing behind him, Red Bull are paying for this so that they can get Daniel more experience in F1 and see how competitive he is compared to an experienced driver like Liuzzi.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2908673)   #744
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Colin Kolles may be leaving HRT in order to join Williams as team principle in 2012!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92738
Old 30 Jun 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2908714)   #745
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Colin Kolles may be leaving HRT in order to join Williams as team principle in 2012!
I thought you where joking!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 16:49 (Ref:2908719)   #746
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The testing ban can only work if you've got plenty of concessions for drivers to test on the friday of a race weekend. So either loosen the ban or give the 3rd driver a Friday chance,

Otherwise you wind up with a sport full of old fogies past their sell by date and far too many hotshots missing the train.

The only slight thing helping this is that Red Bull has the luxury of two tier team for the rookies.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2908720)   #747
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I thought you where joking!
Riccardio will race for HRT at the British GP.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...race-with-hrt/

They weren't joking about that, either.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2908748)   #748
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great for HRT! But doesn't Team Lotus run a Red Bull rear end? If so, I'm surprised Red Bull haven't dropped Ricciardo in Trulli's car
Old 30 Jun 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2908768)   #749
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Great for HRT! But doesn't Team Lotus run a Red Bull rear end? If so, I'm surprised Red Bull haven't dropped Ricciardo in Trulli's car
I don't think that having components on your car from other teams gives them or you any more options than usual to swap drivers around.

Trulli probably has a contract that keeps him in the car, no matter what.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2908788)   #750
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be an interesting thing. There isn't enough running for young drivers with the current testing rules; that is a strong argument for bringing some form of in season testing back (but not using race drivers, and with limits so that all teams can get the same amount of running).