Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2949969)   #726
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Isn't that question irrelevant as it was in the BBC contract that they wouldn't share with ITV/C4 or Ch5?
Bernie will tell you that the 'other' channels didn't want to do that.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2950016)   #727
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The government didn't put F1 on the protected list of free to view. They also want the beeb to cut it's outgoings.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2950118)   #728
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernie still gives the impression he had nothing to do with sky taking over the new TV deal???

As the BBC wanted out if one of the other FTA channels wanted to take over I doubt the BBC would have blocked such a move.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 00:35 (Ref:2950184)   #729
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
MPs letter to the BBC Director General.

http://www.pitpass.com/44592-MPs-let...rector-General
Old 3 Sep 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2950245)   #730
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If it was a choice between paying for Sky and not having adverts or watching it free on C4 or Ch5 and having adverts, i'll pay Sky every time
Old 3 Sep 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2950255)   #731
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it was a choice of adverts on sky and paying I'd chose that over ITV!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2950360)   #732
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw in Autosport this week that Sky will have GP2, GP3 and Porsche Supercup as part of the package and will show all live. That might just be the clincher for me.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2951132)   #733
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that Bernie is back-tracking again: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/m...e-2349379.html
Old 5 Sep 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2951169)   #734
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It seems that Bernie is back-tracking again: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/m...e-2349379.html
How much of the race does 75 minutes constitute, the race itself?
Old 5 Sep 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2951175)   #735
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
So, that's just a highlights programme, is it not? Because we know that even the Monza GP lasts a good hour and a half.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2951196)   #736
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, it is a highlights programme, but the way I read it they still get to show half the races live and in full.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2951268)   #737
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
This report suggests that The Independent jumped the gun, so all may not yet be lost for those who want to see the entire races on the Beeb. My thought on that is that it loses its impact if you already know the result.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2951307)   #738
blovell
Rookie

blovell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aint progress a *****
Old 5 Sep 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2951326)   #739
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont know if this has come up before on this thread but i read this morning that ch4 put in a 45 million bid to cover races , qulali and practice sessions and also programmes showing behind the scenes and historic races. Of course i do not know how true this is Googled F1 sky deal and led me to various sites . Allegedly the BBC were not happy about another FTA channel getting the rights , also apparently sky are not happy about the BBC showing the full race even though it will not be live . Seems alot has yet to be sorted !!!
Old 5 Sep 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2951330)   #740
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I know C4 did put in a bid and I saw the tender document briefly, but by then the decision had been made, so I didn't feel like wading all the way through it.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2951333)   #741
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I know C4 did put in a bid and I saw the tender document briefly, but by then the decision had been made, so I didn't feel like wading all the way through it.
I only found out this morning !!! Anyway slightly off topic but your avatar i was so impressed with his performance at Spa !! Go Bruno !!!
Old 5 Sep 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2951358)   #742
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
I only found out this morning !!! Anyway slightly off topic but your avatar i was so impressed with his performance at Spa !! Go Bruno !!!
So was I! I thought he'd go well there because he always did in BF3 and GP2, but 7th was even better than I had hoped for.
Old 10 Sep 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2953515)   #743
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Great quote from Facebook: "If Eddie Jordan isn't on the Sky coverage then I'll gladly pay for it."

The word on the street seems to be that David Croft will get the lead commentator's role for Sky.
Old 10 Sep 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2953603)   #744
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Brundle's apparently a freelancer and not a BBC contractee though, so I would imagine that makes him favourite?
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2953882)   #745
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RTL is available free-to-air with a satellite dish if you do not care for the dirty, devious, disgusting dealings of that enterprise which wants to grab all your money so it can spend it on hacking someone's freedom.

Time for me to start learning German.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2953884)   #746
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
RTL is available free-to-air with a satellite dish if you do not care for the dirty, devious, disgusting dealings of that enterprise which wants to grab all your money so it can spend it on hacking someone's freedom.

RTL pictures and BBC radio commentary???
Old 11 Sep 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2953889)   #747
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's the plan.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2954011)   #748
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Ahh, the days of RTL. Surely you need an old Analogue box to view it now.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2954482)   #749
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Some very interesting info about RTL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTL_Television

Das ist gut, ja?!
Old 12 Sep 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2954577)   #750
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad news all this. I mean from other forums I post on, alot of F1 fans say they will not continue watching the sport reguarly.

As they cannot or will not pay skys prices.

Although if it must go to sky, then welldone for at least refraining from the ads during the race, although as soon as it finishes I expect they will put loads in.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky