Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3434753)   #7526
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Before it can stand on its feet it must stop shooting at them.
perfect

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Jul 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3434770)   #7527
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly can't Stand reading shanks comments anywhere period both him and Peter baron. Shank more than anyone seems pretty delusional,looks like he wants grand am back in some sort of weird joke.this guy has so many concerns and complaints that really aren't valid when his team has never been competitive.im glad Imsa refuses to look at his separate class restarts idea,it's god awful and one of the biggest things I hated about grand am.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 07:01 (Ref:3434778)   #7528
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
"Grand AM", lol. I just think back to that name and that it was sad to see what it became. I really started telling my friends it stood for Grand Amateur. Thats how it looked in the way it was run, and the cars that looked 'amateur'. Compared to GTE or LMP, they dont scream 'awesome' when you look at it. Reading these interviews is depressing. The series should be progressing but thats not how some of teams think.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3434901)   #7529
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I know I mentioned the dedicated Safety Team in my feedback, back when the series asked for it. Now, we're hearing it from the teams, and it couldn't have come soon enough.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/te...a-safety-team/

EDIT: As I keep reading, and re-reading, this is disturbing, some of the things the local crews have failed to do, or have done out of ignorance.

Last edited by Purist; 17 Jul 2014 at 14:57.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3434904)   #7530
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This was mildly humorous: Troy Flis describing safety crew behavior: "'I was very impressed in Canada as one of the safety crews did walk around the car and ask some questions about how to turn off the power,' he said. 'It’s great they had the interest.'”

Great they showed an interest ... in learning how to do their jobs in a potential life-and-death situation?

Some of the stuff, like closing Malucelli in the car and then not knowing how to get him out ... Imagine if the car had been burning?

Seriously, NASCAR doesn't have the budget to keep the drivers safe?

Yes, I realize that NASCAR doesn't use a safety crew with its stock cars, but those cars are indestructible. Sports cars which go just as fast and weigh half as much--and every one of which is different .... I don't see any way to train a safety crew how to deal with four dozen different cars each weekend.

Good work John Dagys.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3434912)   #7531
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn, I was REALLY wishing to have comment from Shank saying something like
"This series, our Grand-Am, survived fourteen seasons without dedicated safety teams and no one got murdered because of it, so frankly I don't see a reason why things would be any different in the next fourteen seasons! It's something I'm not fond of doing it as the concept is unfamiliar with me, and someway I'm sure they'll find a way to make me spend even more dollars than I already am - which is a hell of a lot more than some other people in this paddock - so I'm fully protesting against it."

But he didn't

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Jul 2014 at 15:53.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3434937)   #7532
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Yes, I realize that NASCAR doesn't use a safety crew with its stock cars, but those cars are indestructible.

Good work John Dagys.
I wouldn't say indestructible, but at least there is only one type of car to learn about.

Another good article, some very good, thought-provoking stuff coming out of DSC, Racer and Sportscar 365 at the moment.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3434951)   #7533
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
This is a link to the Safety Team article from RACER.
http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...-s-safety-team
Old 17 Jul 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3434981)   #7534
ThatGuy
Rookie

ThatGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the P2s allowed to use the Le Mans aero kit whenever or does the series only allow it for certain tracks?
Old 17 Jul 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3434982)   #7535
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Are the P2s allowed to use the Le Mans aero kit whenever or does the series only allow it for certain tracks?
Only at Daytona.

-mike
Old 17 Jul 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3434985)   #7536
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
LM aero kit was originally proposed to be mandatory for Daytona, Indy, and Road America. It was ultimately decided that it would be required only for Daytona.
Old 17 Jul 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3434990)   #7537
ThatGuy
Rookie

ThatGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
LM aero kit was originally proposed to be mandatory for Daytona, Indy, and Road America. It was ultimately decided that it would be required only for Daytona.
Do you think it was due to it not providing enough of an advantage outside of Daytona, if any?
Old 17 Jul 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3434992)   #7538
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Prototypes were the only cars with LM/Daytona aero kits. LMPCs basically raced as they were in other races, the GTLM cars didn't run LM aero at Daytona (I don't think that Corvette had a dedicated LM aero kit even for LM, nor does the Ferrari 458, though that's in development hell as the FIA and ACO haven't homologated it yet), and the GTD cars don't have dedicated low/high downforce aero.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 00:17 (Ref:3434997)   #7539
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pre Indy AoP.....

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...0%2314-111.pdf

L.P.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 00:42 (Ref:3435003)   #7540
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Prototypes were the only cars with LM/Daytona aero kits. LMPCs basically raced as they were in other races, the GTLM cars didn't run LM aero at Daytona (I don't think that Corvette had a dedicated LM aero kit even for LM, nor does the Ferrari 458, though that's in development hell as the FIA and ACO haven't homologated it yet), and the GTD cars don't have dedicated low/high downforce aero.
The Ferrari LM24 aero was homologated at that race. It hasn't been approved for TUSC use though.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 00:58 (Ref:3435006)   #7541
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
PCs had a big wing adjustment for Daytona, slowed them WAY down. The 458 did have a LM Aero kit and it is homologated.
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...P-310514V4.pdf

L.P.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3435022)   #7542
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
That wasn't a little one in gt....
Old 18 Jul 2014, 03:13 (Ref:3435023)   #7543
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Seems like Porsche and Ferrari will be a big factor at Indy.

Wholesale changes in that class.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3435035)   #7544
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Should pretty much guarantee Vette will not get 5 in a row, and the Viper is the favorite IMO.

L.P.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3435047)   #7545
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When was the last time you had Pratt&Miller Corvette running such weight in major series? Maybe Phoenix C6.R at GTWC Silverstone 2010, I think BoP + success ballast put them at 1270kg. Don't remember if they had higher weight later in the season though

IIRC there hasn't been inter-LMP2 BoP fiddling until now?

Ecoboost got again their race-by-race adjustment...

GTD Viper gets more fuel AND bigger fuel restrictor... after just winning... now has 24 liters more than Porsche

Last edited by Deleted; 18 Jul 2014 at 05:49.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3435056)   #7546
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
When was the last time you had Pratt&Miller Corvette running such weight in major series? Maybe Phoenix C6.R at GTWC Silverstone 2010, I think BoP + success ballast put them at 1270kg. Don't remember if they had higher weight later in the season though

IIRC there hasn't been inter-LMP2 BoP fiddling until now?

Ecoboost got again their race-by-race adjustment...

GTD Viper gets more fuel AND bigger fuel restrictor... after just winning... now has 24 liters more than Porsche
Viper also weighs 110kg more than that porsche. V10 vs H6 probably a big factor as well.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3435062)   #7547
Deleted
Veteran

True and it's rather common stuff in (basically) GT3 class, however increasing the capacities and refills just after winning is still... interesting
Old 18 Jul 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3435073)   #7548
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
beyond weight and restrictors break, 458 obtained also a +100 of RW height! maybe we will see a rear wing similiar to the one used last year in gt open. Anyway fuel tank bop of TUSC is insane... and I don't know how much usefull is, being everyone however forced to have the same refuel pit stops.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3435076)   #7549
Deleted
Veteran

Well it does mention "Ferrari F458 is permitted the use of the 2011 rear wing profile"
Old 18 Jul 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3435129)   #7550
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately for ferrari, it seems that the only real deal for them is to have Bruni in the car.
Closed Thread