Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Sep 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3999867)   #7601
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do hope Bushell is able to be back for Thruxton. It would be a massive shame after the pace he showed at Knockhill to not get another chance, especially is he is now the only person not to score
Looks like Jessica Hawkins has had a seat fit in the Astra.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 18:30 (Ref:3999885)   #7602
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC news from Team HARD at 9am tomorrow...
Old 3 Sep 2020, 18:50 (Ref:3999889)   #7603
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
of course game changer
Old 3 Sep 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3999892)   #7604
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Gow turned up on the Enforcer & The Dude - Episode 19, Aug 21st, talking about the BTCC

https://youtu.be/tZaYd6oqnAk?t=4953
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3999897)   #7605
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
of course game changer
Ya ya ya

They've bought a new hammer - bright pink no less - to beat Nic's panels back into shape.

Or it could be the replacement driver announcement...
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:15 (Ref:3999898)   #7606
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I'm desperately trying to remember which of our combox chums quipped Tingrams car had corollavirus at Oulton. David I think...

Need's a set at the Fringe!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3999903)   #7607
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Looks like Jessica Hawkins has had a seat fit in the Astra.
She's one of two drivers who will test the Astra before Thruxton.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3999908)   #7608
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm desperately trying to remember which of our combox chums quipped Tingrams car had corollavirus at Oulton. David I think...

Need's a set at the Fringe!
Was it David Addison? Yes it was!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:10 (Ref:3999910)   #7609
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ya ya ya

They've bought a new hammer - bright pink no less - to beat Nic's panels back into shape.

Or it could be the replacement driver announcement...
Still a couple of weeks before the next meeting. I would normally expect their driver change announcements to be a bit more last minute, but I wouldn't bet against it.

What do we recon? Ollie Brown still injured, Nick Hamilton running out of panels, or Jack Goff running out of patience?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3999914)   #7610
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Still a couple of weeks before the next meeting. I would normally expect their driver change announcements to be a bit more last minute, but I wouldn't bet against it.

What do we recon? Ollie Brown still injured, Nick Hamilton running out of panels, or Jack Goff running out of patience?
Well, apparently it's big news, and the fact they're 'hyping' it up makes it seem like more than a driver change. Though, god knows with HARD...
Maybe if they have a 'big' name driver on board, but that seems fairly unlikely!

"#ClueOnPar", what does that mean?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:58 (Ref:3999919)   #7611
porsche962fan
Veteran

or car change , those VW arel ikely the oldest cars on the grid , bar the AMD Civics
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3999923)   #7612
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
or car change , those VW arel ikely the oldest cars on the grid , bar the AMD Civics
The 1-series' and A-class' are a similar vintage.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3999924)   #7613
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Keep it real baby!

#HARD big news is always little stuff. New tea boy in workshop. Mechanic gets shiny new spanner set. New #HARD pink masks with pom poms launch. Summat like that...

There is a driver change for the injured Brown I hear, but whether this is that announcement... normally would expect that closer to next round so it's not old news by the time the driver gets in the car.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3999927)   #7614
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
David is brilliant until your realise that half of his commentary is him asking himself a question, and then answering it.

Turkington is on the inside of Cammish, can he get through? Yes he can.

Neal is behind Jelly, can he pass without contact? No he cannot.

Oliphant is in the lead, has the gap increased? Yes it has.

Now that I have noticed it, can I un-notice it? No I can't.
I'm sorry that I'm quoting such an 'old' post, I was just reading what you guys were writing for the past two days (little time in last days) and your post Steve just made my day Now I will note it everytime David says it. Can I forget it? No I can't!

But regardless of everything, my view is David and Tim are doing great job, even in spite of Tim's constant stumbling and David's questions to himself.

To be more relevant, I wonder what Team HARD is going to announce, somehow I think it has to do with one of the drivers who missed the last round. Maybe some driver change Hamilton should be going still but I don't think Brown has big wallet and if it's true he's still sore then maybe it's replacement. Maybe someone more hopeful....
Old 3 Sep 2020, 22:09 (Ref:3999930)   #7615
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hamilton should be going still
Hamilton who has never finished a season to date?
Old 4 Sep 2020, 07:44 (Ref:3999967)   #7616
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
#HARD big news is always little stuff. New tea boy in workshop.
Damn, you guessed it!

Not really 😂
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3999969)   #7617
Pickles
Veteran

Team HARD brings Cupra to the BTCC!

https://www.team-hard.com/team-hard-...-championship/
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:15 (Ref:3999972)   #7618
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

"#ClueOnPar", what does that mean?
I think we now know....
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3999975)   #7619
porsche962fan
Veteran

so car change it is

BTW this is really amusing

Quote:
It’s no secret that the Volkswagen CC’s are one of the oldest on the grid but credit to Tony and his team for sticking with them and keeping the cars as competitive as possible
those things are for years just grid filllers ... with the odd win thanks to wet tires gamble
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3999977)   #7620
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I thought they were going to be running a SEAT Cupra, but I'm intrigued by this brand of car, as I've never heard of it before
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3999978)   #7621
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Is it big news? Yes it yes!
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:47 (Ref:3999985)   #7622
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Goddamn News From Team Hard

Brilliant news,

Well that is finally fantastic news, I guess we now finally see why Jack Goff is hanging around.

I actually have pretty high hopes and expectations for this, they did build the CC's in the first place and they were competitive in the right hands when they were reasonably youthful.

And at a time when businesses everywhere are cutting back it's good to see someone investing in the future.

Good Luck with it Tony and Team Hard.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 08:53 (Ref:3999987)   #7623
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I thought they were going to be running a SEAT Cupra, but I'm intrigued by this brand of car, as I've never heard of it before
SEAT Sport became CUPRA in 2018 as a new brand identity - and from that date performance models from SEAT have been sold under the CUPRA brand.

Interesting that you say you've never heard of it before, they've been running in TCR series for a while now.

Quote:
Let's see how he goes, depends how well the Cupra goes well there
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:07 (Ref:3999990)   #7624
porsche962fan
Veteran

it will have the same fate as IMPERIAL imo

it was Chrysler's upscale model trim designation then for a few years became a brand of its own before returning back as model trim name
Old 4 Sep 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3999992)   #7625
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
it will have the same fate as IMPERIAL imo

it was Chrysler's upscale model trim designation then for a few years became a brand of its own before returning back as model trim name
No different to Infiniti or DS really