Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3437548)   #7651
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose, even though P&M has made many GM race cars
Old 25 Jul 2014, 03:51 (Ref:3437559)   #7652
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I wish they would just make this into a GT3

lol
Old 25 Jul 2014, 04:49 (Ref:3437569)   #7653
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
lol
What was so funny about that?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3437633)   #7654
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I wish they would just make this into a GT3

+1
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:20 (Ref:3437669)   #7655
lms
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepe View Post
What was so funny about that?
a sedan as a gt3. thats what.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3437672)   #7656
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who cares anymore. M3 GT2 sedan was racing in the world's biggest motor race just three years ago.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3437676)   #7657
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's the 2-door model. It's a better GT3 car than a Camaro or Mustang.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3437708)   #7658
lms
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Who cares anymore. M3 GT2 sedan was racing in the world's biggest motor race just three years ago.
and the z4 cant race there. because it doesnt comply with the regulations. lol.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3437712)   #7659
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
and the z4 cant race there. because it doesnt comply with the regulations. lol.
What has that to do with anything

(and btw I still think it can because ACO bothered to bop it)
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3437730)   #7660
Vepe
Rookie

Finland
Vepe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion the Cadillac is more of a GT than most of the cars currently in GTE/3.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3437736)   #7661
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So are the Aston, Bentley, and Nissans. What's your point?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3437740)   #7662
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
LOL
http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-coupe.html

L.P.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3437770)   #7663
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What has that to do with anything

(and btw I still think it can because ACO bothered to bop it)
The Z4 GTE variant was developed with the expressed directive from ACO that it would never be eligible to run Le Mans.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3437780)   #7664
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
The Z4 GTE variant was developed with the expressed directive from ACO that it would never be eligible to run Le Mans.
Would you care to show me evidence of this expressed directive.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3437788)   #7665
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt BMw are interested in racing that model at Le Mans. Significant drag.

I also read that somewhere. The BMW couldn't run Le Mans even if it wanted to. the Z4 is an IMSA homologation special.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3437801)   #7666
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Z4 was in the ACO bop sheet last year, so it's ACO legal (ACO modified the engine derivated street model rule). BMW main aim in europe is only DTM, for 24H races like spa and nurb they don't enter anymore officially with team schnitzer but just support private teams (MVDS and schubert) with official drivers and engineers. After the disappointing ILMC 2011 season, BMW simply doesn't care anymore about WEC and LM.
At daytona, Z4 hadn't the best top speed of SRT vipers, but had however a good top speed comparable to the other GTE cars.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3437812)   #7667
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Marc VDS wants to run a Z4 in the WEC next year.

The Z4 doesn't have strong acceleration. On some onboards when the BMW follows other GTE cars it's very apparent why this car will never do Le Mans. When you are losing ground inside of an opponents draft...
Old 25 Jul 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3437816)   #7668
Deleted
Veteran

When BMW did LM the last time there was post-Spa GTE BoP but not LM-specific BoP test handled by FIA designated driver, nor post Test Day adjustments (where they could just show up sandbagging all the way again and then suddenly emerge 8 seconds or sth faster in qualifying, like the Astons). ACO would probably grant them extra low aero and gurney waivers and stuff to keep them happy...

But yes. No way ACO would've handed them BoP values before they ever even raced in the US last year if the car wasn't ACO legal (not that it really is, but then again they're almost all illegal with the waiver crap). It's just that BMW doesn't care, and RLL most certainly doesn't
Old 25 Jul 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3437817)   #7669
Articus
Veteran

RLL doesn't but are we so certain BMW doesn't? I think they're problem is they cant find a model to race with in their business case. The Z4 isn't ideal waivers or not and I don't think it will be racing past 2015.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3437828)   #7670
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
RLL doesn't but are we so certain BMW doesn't? I think they're problem is they cant find a model to race with in their business case. The Z4 isn't ideal waivers or not and I don't think it will be racing past 2015.
Based on what? The Z4 GT3 is a very, very good car.

The ALMS GTE car is homologated. Nobody seems to believe it though. RLL is just like any other team. They want to ensure a shot at a win, I don't think the ACO's BoP would see them do so well. They know that, no reason to go when you will be BoP'd out of contention.

The ACO needs to use IMSA's BoP. We'd have much better racing.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 27 Jul 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3438584)   #7671
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ESM paid drivers been on Twitter all season stating it isn't fun racing in this series when every restart you get passed by two-five DP's and then when the tires get to temp,can't pass a DP.

Now the Owner is on Twitter stating the same thing and adding the Fuel tank amount BOP BS.

The P2 qual 1st and 2nd,ran the fastest lap in the race but would get jumped on every restart,couldn't pass,even with more horsepower the DP could go more laps per tank!

And NASCAR/IMSA thinks it's a fair field.

Behind close doors,Ed warned NASCAR/IMSA he will leave the series before LB but the series promised him BOP changes.

BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF THE P2 DOESN'T GET IT'S OWN SPEC TIRE,NO BOP WILL WORK!NASCAR/IMSA doesn't want to go that route because the P2 would most likely win everywhere except Daytona and NASCAR/IMSA will not allow that.Can't blame NASCAR because you can't hurt your own baby.....DP!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 04:55 (Ref:3438596)   #7672
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really doesn't help their case when they have been consistently breaking race after race and the only other p2 has been consistently more competetive than them from race to race.did they expect they were going to automatically win the race with the bop? So will they be given the win in the next race or will they really walk away this time? But anyways I agree the bop isn't right just yet,all I really ask from Imsa is give the p2s tires that are worth a damn to race on.but that won't happen so let's see what esm is really worth.

On the fuel issue I don't even know how axr out lasted every one,did they pit later? Couldn't have been been saving since no one was really gain time on him,unless others short filled or axr has a magical fuel cell bigger than every other car on the grid?
Old 27 Jul 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3438604)   #7673
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Also the problem with ESM is the two owners start the race and I think their afraid to hold their ground to the DP(DP pro-drivers who are going to dive bomb into the first corner)because they pay for the damage.I think they will except losing a few spots but when their pro-drivers are behind the wheel,they want them to fight and pass to the front but even turning a lap about a second faster,they can't.The DP just holds it's ground and the P2 can't knock it out of the way without destroying their own car.(that is the way the DP passed at Indy-bumper car style)
Old 27 Jul 2014, 05:44 (Ref:3438607)   #7674
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol laguna showed that if two p2s and one dp reach the same corner at the same time,only the dp will come out alive....
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3438847)   #7675
Articus
Veteran

Well the other problem with ESM is the two "Owners" aren't "pros". Not even Scotty when you compare to some of the other guys in the field, and the guys they put in the Morgan week in and out.

I don't understand why the ESM car's didn't run 2 wide going into turn 1 at the start so nobady oculd get past. Ed Brown was sleeping on the start. Or atleast the team didn't coordinate at Indy
Closed Thread