Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Feb 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2633185)   #751
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pressure !! View Post
Same way you do in any other manual, EXACTLY the same way
they tried it in reverse at first then pushed it up hill and got it going.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2633191)   #752
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A felt a bit sorry for Bana's team... Once again, they came close to atleats finish resptively (I believe they were running 5th just before the crash) but it all went to bits on the Mountain. I'd say better luck next year but they haven't really had much luck to be honest.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2633203)   #753
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2633205)   #754
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2633213)   #755
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Morris in, no tyre change
Ask Brighty if he thinks changing to cold tyres on a wet track has an effect!!
Old 14 Feb 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2633280)   #756
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Do you reckon they could make a pole trophy out of that?
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2633389)   #757
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pics to share:

A nice and shiny Subaru before the race started... it didn't finish looking like this.
[IMG][/IMG]

Seton watching the timing monitor and calculating what had to be done for a podium.

Then-third placed Holden boys watching Seto eat into their lead.
(and later steal a podium place)

JB giving free lessons Re: The art of racing in the rain.

Gremlins aplenty. Electricty and water don't mix.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2633410)   #758
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pressure !! View Post
Same way you do in any other manual, EXACTLY the same way
I am pretty sure there is a BIG note in the handbook suggesting that to do this would donald duck the AWD system.... they are clunky at the best of times... by design... plus an EFI system that doesnt prime the engine like a kick on the accelerator in a carburettored car may allow...

Poor little orange (nee red) thing is stuffed from all accounts, although I bet Mr Heaphy could source a replacement shell from Japan..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Feb 2010, 21:37 (Ref:2633416)   #759
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
Ask Brighty if he thinks changing to cold tyres on a wet track has an effect!!
True enough

But Mr Bowe was super cautious in the wet, suggesting the tyres were not their very best as they were skipping over and thru the puddles...

And then the big fella just got in and smashed 'em..

Mr Holt has got good value from the BMW, 2 12 hour wins, a national title.... should be retired to the ArtCar museum
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Feb 2010, 21:51 (Ref:2633431)   #760
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must have been 1 hell of a site up the mountain with the tree down & car carnage - hope no-one was hurt...
Old 15 Feb 2010, 00:21 (Ref:2633568)   #761
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to all involved. Great weekend apart from the weather. Could not believe how competitive the race was. Really looking forward to next year's race, with Armor All confirming they will sponser the event next year. More Manufacturers welcome!!! Already looking forward to the Eastern Creek 6 Hour later in the year - should be a good turnout of cars.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 15 Feb 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2633614)   #762
The Pressure !!
Racer

Australia
Sydney
The Pressure !! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am pretty sure there is a BIG note in the handbook suggesting that to do this would donald duck the AWD system.... they are clunky at the best of times... by design... plus an EFI system that doesnt prime the engine like a kick on the accelerator in a carburettored car may allow...

Poor little orange (nee red) thing is stuffed from all accounts, although I bet Mr Heaphy could source a replacement shell from Japan..
Well i dont know about EVO's but i own a STI and have been forced to clutch start it numerous times including in reverse. As long as you let the clucth out easy to begin with to take up the drive train slack, you will be fine
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:09 (Ref:2633618)   #763
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
BMW Has G-sensor Failure, Still Wins!

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2633624)   #764
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

A podium shot... its a shame the event finishes after the 6pm newsbreak, it may have gotten more mainstream coverage otherwise
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:33 (Ref:2633632)   #765
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a terrible internet connection I couldn't watch the online coverage so I'll have to wait for this:

Quote:
The event will be telecast in a 3 hour special on Network Seven, Saturday, 20 March from 1pm – 4pm (EDST).
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:33 (Ref:2633633)   #766
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was the media centre's press conference area, not podium.
Best place for pics of the winning trio though.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2633638)   #767
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033 View Post
Do you reckon they could make a pole trophy out of that?
Perhaps...
Old 15 Feb 2010, 02:45 (Ref:2633640)   #768
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Bana's car was absolutely pol-axed. It's a good thing the driver was uninjured after that shunt. Not often you see a lower class car taking Overall Honours but considering the attrition rate in this year's event i'm not surprised. IU doubt we will see another tree fall on the track like that any time soon... hopefully... That was freakish.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 04:14 (Ref:2633659)   #769
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A lower-classed car? If you had the money to buy a BMW 335, you could buy 2 Evos.... almost!

Mr Bowe calls for more car company support

It would be great if Speedcafe would fix their typos though...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Feb 2010, 04:50 (Ref:2633665)   #770
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A lower-classed car? If you had the money to buy a BMW 335, you could buy 2 Evos.... almost!

Mr Bowe calls for more car company support

It would be great if Speedcafe would fix their typos though...
I couldn't agree more with what Bowe said about the lack of manufacturer support and interest. Actually at the race yesterday, Bowe commented on how well the privately entered Eastern Creek Karts team performed, and had a dig at BMW for their lack of support to the team

In the above press release, Bowe makes a interesting point about limiting entries of the same model, ie limiting Evo's to 10 entries to stop a Evo fest.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 04:52 (Ref:2633666)   #771
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
2010 Winner.....

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Feb 2010, 05:17 (Ref:2633667)   #772
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Eff me that's staged. What an awkward pic!

Here's the man, having finished his driving duties, looking very hopeful:

And the happy trio again
Old 15 Feb 2010, 05:28 (Ref:2633668)   #773
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplater View Post
Eff me that's staged. What an awkward pic!
Well, it was a media call, so of course it was staged..... it's not as if Holty parked the car there by accident before he drove it back to Sydney
Old 15 Feb 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2633678)   #774
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fantastic driving by nathan prettyand team in the wet.....john bowe was excellent as well...steve owen team the fastest ...and wall team very consistent....safety car gets my award for doing more laps than most the field!!!!
Old 15 Feb 2010, 07:31 (Ref:2633687)   #775
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race! Just got home from Bathurst. It had everything, Great drives by John Bowe, Nathan Prety, Glenn Seton, Crombley. Good to see the evos didnt dominate as much as expected in the wet. Grove fruit juice falcon ute bit lucky I reckon, won their class and they came past us at the chase last lap with bits falling off the car. Unlucky Delfsma/Grey/Miedecke Fg Falcon DNF last lap... Great support racing too, all the categories put on a great show, with large fields of entries. Pity the rain Saturday caused cancellations, but that's racing.