Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Nov 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2577504)   #751
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ah , the Aston . Love to see Intersport with that beast .

How about Brabham-Pagenaud in a Patron Pug ?
Old 7 Nov 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2577506)   #752
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
How about Brabham-Pagenaud in a Patron Pug ?
Exactly what I was implying........what a fantastic combination that would be!

Fingers crossed Mr B!
Old 7 Nov 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2577516)   #753
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a Pug with the Patron livery .. this could be interesting to see

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Nov 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2577544)   #754
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!

If not the whole story, could someone translate at least these quotes from Quesnel?
Old 7 Nov 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2577548)   #755
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Exactly what I was implying........what a fantastic combination that would be!

Fingers crossed Mr B!
Fingers crossed indeed . But , always a but Mr.B ..... have you thought what a Pug with Brabs-Pagen could do ?

It would certainly clean up against the new regs LMP2 which its supposed to be doing battle with and the currant possy of LMP1 over there .

Any chance of resizeing the above post please
Old 7 Nov 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2577564)   #756
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Any chance of resizeing the above post please
Why? Something is wrong with your browser or something if this photo widens the whole page. This automatic image scaling doesn't seem to be working for some reason, or at least not the way it worked previously. But I can't edit it anymore because of the editing time limit.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2577566)   #757
The Badger
Veteran

Its the company browser , yeah its an old one .
Old 7 Nov 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2577606)   #758
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a weird choice for Peugeot to make. The best technical team is the ex-Acura team (whichever it is that applied) for sure, but that means running a Peugeot in NA... I wonder how easy it is to sell a Peugeot LM winner to American sponsors: "you're gonna walk over everybody" (but everybody is a pretty limited grid). Then they have Henri Pescarolo probably without his Pescarolo Sport team because things are "complicated", with Henri probably relying on getting the car from Peugeot to leverage it into sponsorship. But he's French and the move would look very good in the media. There's also Signature who have decent technical background and who are French as well...

Pagenaud is most certainly tied to De Ferran (he likes him a lot) but Peugeot just won LM with Brabham. I'd say Highcroft are more likely to want to stay with HPD-Wirth for their LMP program. If only they had more than one to give away...
Old 7 Nov 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2577623)   #759
The Badger
Veteran

As I recall ..... Peugeot innitially said that they also wanted to be represanted in the LMS and the chosen team would also represant them in the LMS .

So, its not too late for Ol'Henri to get a deal ,is it ?

Pug said that they have 3 cars at Le Mans next year for Team Peugeot . then possibily one for an ALMS team and one for a LMS team too .

If this deal is true , then I can see 2 cars for Team Pug , 1 for ALMS team and 1 for Henri .

Pagenaud is a free agent .
Old 7 Nov 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2577633)   #760
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Peugeot is using this as some PR to re-introduce themselves into the American car market? They don't want Alfa Romeo to get too far ahead of them
Old 7 Nov 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2577663)   #761
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought that Henri was supposed to be the favoured party ?

Big budget problems for Pescarolo, and according to Quesnel from Peugeot-Sport looks more and more difficult for next season
Old 7 Nov 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2577678)   #762
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a very intriguing twist. I'd like to see De Ferran run with the Peugeot and have Highcroft run the ARX-02a in ALMS with the Lola Aston Martin at Le Mans. Unfortunately, that might take Highcroft out of the equation for the overall win next year, and in my mind I want them to win the big race.

Rumors and speculation are fun...

Chris
Old 7 Nov 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2577684)   #763
The Badger
Veteran

Highcroft wont have a chance of a win with an Acura 02a at Le Mans , and where did the idea come from about running 2 seperate chassis , an Acura and a Aston .

Did money just start growing on trees in the US of A or what !!!
Old 7 Nov 2009, 16:03 (Ref:2577689)   #764
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Duncan would buy the Aston because he is ultra rich, it would be a better package for Le Mans. He'd run Le Mans, hopefully have a good finish add to its racing history and then "collect" it.

Chris
Old 7 Nov 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2577709)   #765
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Well, Duncan would buy the Aston because he is ultra rich, it would be a better package for Le Mans. He'd run Le Mans, hopefully have a good finish add to its racing history and then "collect" it.

Chris
We do not know that it is better than the 'Le Mans' packaged ARX-02, and it is still not proven to be able to best Audi or Pug and has lost to ORECA and Pescarolo.
I also have not seen, through photos, that he is particularly enamoured with AM in his collecting choices and with the car(s) not having a stellar provenance I am not sure it would be on his list of gotta haves.
This leads me to believe that it is probably not going to be a Highcroft or Duncan Dayton raced (future historics) car.

L.P.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2577729)   #766
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
We do not know that it is better than the 'Le Mans' packaged ARX-02, and it is still not proven to be able to best Audi or Pug and has lost to ORECA and Pescarolo.
I also have not seen, through photos, that he is particularly enamoured with AM in his collecting choices and with the car(s) not having a stellar provenance I am not sure it would be on his list of gotta haves.
This leads me to believe that it is probably not going to be a Highcroft or Duncan Dayton raced (future historics) car.
L.P.
Wirth has designed a Le Mans aero package for the ARX02.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 7 Nov 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2577860)   #767
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post

L.P.
At Le Mans it showed well. If you were an ultra rich car guy, wouldn't a Gulf Oil liveried, Aston V12 powered prototype be on your wish list? I would be interested to see what Wirth would have to do to make that ARX-02a Le Mans worthy.

Chris
Old 7 Nov 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2577872)   #768
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you were an ultra rich car guy, wouldn't a Gulf Oil liveried, Aston V12 powered prototype be on your wish list?
No. AM is a good and iconic product, but the particular chassis in question have not really set my head to spinning. As I am not an AM uber-fan they really do not come close to my criteria for the price (reportedly) being asked.

L.P.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2577933)   #769
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
That may be so, but I don't believe the engine is anywhere near up to snuff to even qualify in the top ten...
Old 8 Nov 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2577967)   #770
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
No. AM is a good and iconic product, but the particular chassis in question have not really set my head to spinning. As I am not an AM uber-fan they really do not come close to my criteria for the price (reportedly) being asked.

L.P.
Well, that makes neither of us uber-fans of Aston. I happen to disagree with your feelings about the chassis' quality and potential on the racetrack as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
That may be so, but I don't believe the engine is anywhere near up to snuff to even qualify in the top ten...
Agreed. Beside it's obvious aero-deficiencies the "anemic" motor as many have described it, myself included (though I don't claim to be the originator of the term), is a serious draw back for LM. But Zytek built motors that were reasonably good naturally aspirated eights, couldn't a little engine development at least bring them back in line with Judd, AIM, and AER?

Chris
Old 9 Nov 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2578749)   #771
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
So after Honda dipped out of F1 and the resulting team won - could the same happen at Le Mans?
Old 9 Nov 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2578789)   #772
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
"The car has been designed to be competitive at Le Mans. We have no mandate to go to Le Mans, but we are told to be ready, and we are."

Nick Wirth - March 12th, Autosport
Old 9 Nov 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2578815)   #773
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
At Le Mans it showed well......
It did, but with a mighty direct injection engine (of questionable legality and which has since been retired at the request of the ACO ) and a restrictor break over the open cars. I would suggest that in 2010 the car will prove to be far from 'other world' when compared to it's petrol P1 opponents.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2578838)   #774
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
That's a fair argument. I'd not thought of that.

Chris
Old 9 Nov 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2578856)   #775
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
"The car has been designed to be competitive at Le Mans. We have no mandate to go to Le Mans, but we are told to be ready, and we are."

Nick Wirth - March 12th, Autosport
I'm not certain what you are proposing to mean with this statement. It is probable that the car was also designed to be competitive at Sebring and Petit Le Mans too. (ooops)