Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Dec 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3487496)   #751
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Haven't Marussia been wound up though? (not in administration) so Marussia no longer exists (so no F1 entry, so no FOM money) whereas Caterham still exists albeit very much on the brink. So if you're buying 'Marussia' your purely buying assets in an open auction, if you're buying Caterham you're buying the F1 entry and the remaining assets of the team.

Could be off the mark but that's how I understand it at the moment?
The entry is invested within John Booth's Manor Grand Prix. They are apparently on the FIA list last I checked.
Old 23 Dec 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3487517)   #752
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The entry is invested within John Booth's Manor Grand Prix. They are apparently on the FIA list last I checked.
So buying that entry from Manor, which you would think wont be free, and buying the infrastructure of Caterham, doing a deal with Renault for engines and Red Bull Technology for drivetrain & electronics, finding a staff to operate the new goodies, as well as finding the money to pay for it all, within a space of 78 days until Melbourne.

Yep. Sounds doable...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Dec 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3487531)   #753
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So buying that entry from Manor, which you would think wont be free, and buying the infrastructure of Caterham, doing a deal with Renault for engines and Red Bull Technology for drivetrain & electronics, finding a staff to operate the new goodies, as well as finding the money to pay for it all, within a space of 78 days until Melbourne.

Yep. Sounds doable...

It's China until the entry finally expires isn't it? I don't know what business is going on there. Since I haven't heard anything but people being made redundant en-mass and of course this auction stuff, none presumably.

Last edited by Paradise City; 23 Dec 2014 at 23:59.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3487566)   #754
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It's China until the entry finally expires isn't it? I don't know what business is going on there. Since I haven't heard anything but people being made redundant en-mass and of course this auction stuff, none presumably.
I take it there are massive penalties accumulating every time the team misses a race too.
The penalties were relaxed for Brazil, but I bet they would not be for a new entrant purchasing the entry rights.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3487697)   #755
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I take it there are massive penalties accumulating every time the team misses a race too.
The penalties were relaxed for Brazil, but I bet they would not be for a new entrant purchasing the entry rights.
They're drowned in liabilities , the facilities are dispersed and there is noone with the resources, desire to pick up the gauntlet for next year. Anyone new entering F1 for this year would plumb for Caterham. So the entry is basically defunct in every sense but the most formal sense. That's my understanding.
Old 29 Dec 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3488521)   #756
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Haven't Marussia been wound up though? (not in administration) so Marussia no longer exists

Could be off the mark but that's how I understand it at the moment?
Not so far as I understand it, the sale was on the instructions of the administrator not liquidator and the final part is not due until sometime in January as I recall
Old 14 Jan 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3492757)   #757
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just updating the last comment, the on-line auction of Marrusia stuff is now functioning and has a closing time of noon on the 21st January. The cars, both F1, F1V10 and GP3 are included in the 700 lots being offered on the instructions of the administrator (not receiver)

What happened to the Caterham cars, have those been sold?
Old 14 Jan 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3492762)   #758
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think the administrators are still labouring to find a buyer.

safe to say there's no staff left, but i'd imagine there's quite a few people in the first few months of new jobs missing the dunkerque spirit at the smaller teams
Old 15 Jan 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3492973)   #759
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

safe to say there's no staff left, but i'd imagine there's quite a few people in the first few months of new jobs missing the dunkerque spirit at the smaller teams
The silence sure doesnt sound positive for Caterham

Losing them and Marussia should have freed up a few hundred people who *might* come back to a new project if it is resurrected... but no guarantees...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Jan 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3493108)   #760
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

I can't see where a buyer would come from, if one thing has come out of the admin process for potential investors it's the clear fact that it requires £40M - £60M p.a. to run at the back and the asset value of the team after all this is zip.
Old 18 Jan 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3493783)   #761
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I can't see where a buyer would come from, if one thing has come out of the admin process for potential investors it's the clear fact that it requires £40M - £60M p.a. to run at the back and the asset value of the team after all this is zip.

So has Forza Rosso officially died?
Old 18 Jan 2015, 13:30 (Ref:3493805)   #762
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I want to see the lads reemployed, I don't care about the entity. If there's a new buyer though I hope and they almost certainly will change the name of that team. Caterham used to be a prestigious name for me. It's been uncomfortable watching that name being dragged through the rubbish over the years and I can't help but wince when I hear that now.
Old 18 Jan 2015, 15:43 (Ref:3493826)   #763
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
most of the lads (and lasses) are already re-employed, from both teams.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 14:34 (Ref:3501360)   #764
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just been posted on MotorSport dot com's website, that Caterham's assets to be auctioned in March.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ca...nline/?v=2&s=1
Old 5 Feb 2015, 21:24 (Ref:3501597)   #765
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Auction Website Here

Caterham seem to have more for sale than Marussia did..

Hopefully, the group behind the Manor entry can acquire some of these assets and halp ease their passage back to the grid

#RefuelCaterhamF1
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Feb 2015, 21:43 (Ref:3501606)   #766
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At last, wonder what will be about the Caterham brand... Still the constructors of the Seven...
Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3501620)   #767
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
At last, wonder what will be about the Caterham brand... Still the constructors of the Seven...
The road caterham 7 etc is made by a seperate company not connected to the F1 operation although Tony Fernandes owns it as far as I can recall.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:43 (Ref:3501636)   #768
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel sorry for all those that "donated" money last year to race at Abu Dhabi in what was in reality a lost cause. I feel that there will probably be a lot of people that now deeply regret having given money to a project that actually achieved nothing except for showing a fighting spirit.

But was it really worth nigh on 2.5 million just for that?
Old 15 Feb 2015, 05:29 (Ref:3505059)   #769
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its started...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Feb 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3505153)   #770
old man
Veteran

England
UK
Wyles Hardy have all the rest of the equipment in a series of sales
Old 15 Feb 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3505160)   #771
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I feel sorry for all those that "donated" money last year to race at Abu Dhabi in what was in reality a lost cause. I feel that there will probably be a lot of people that now deeply regret having given money to a project that actually achieved nothing except for showing a fighting spirit.

But was it really worth nigh on 2.5 million just for that?
I do not regret that.
Old 15 Feb 2015, 15:22 (Ref:3505162)   #772
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
I do not regret that.
Could you clarify your reply. Is it that you don't regret other people having donated money that was, in effect, wasted or that you don't regret having personally donated money?
Old 20 Feb 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3507204)   #773
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
First auction is open now... Here

They have start prices on their items which should be a good thing... a show car is for sale, an ex-race chassis but no innards, starts at only GBP18k...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Feb 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3507234)   #774
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Now that Haas has looted some of Marussia's stock will Marussia now loot Caterham's goodies?
Old 21 Feb 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3507310)   #775
old man
Veteran

England
UK
Quote:
Now that Haas has looted some of Marussia's stock will Marussia now loot Caterham's goodies?
Ha Ha, could well be but the closing dates are a problem for them in the current rush to get on the grid