Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Aug 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3840622)   #776
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
BILGE!
Nah, not him either. He's never been consistent since his part season with Team Varta in 2003.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3840626)   #777
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roll on Rockingham! Now there's something to be taken seriously rather than joked about.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3840638)   #778
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Nah, not him either. He's never been consistent since his part season with Team Varta in 2003.
I was assuming Chris from Bilge Brigade was being referred to. He's aspiring to emulate his hero Plato, and has been practising in a Laguna. Is he not due a BTCC appearance soon?

He can be seen here combining Laguna and Estate knowledge - so surely the perfect teammate for JP at BMR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIA8_smgoAU
Old 1 Aug 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3840639)   #779
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
I expect the Beemers and the Subarus will be fastest at Rockingham
Old 1 Aug 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3840643)   #780
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I expect the Beemers and the Subarus will be fastest at Rockingham
I really don't think the BMW's will be that fast anywhere. Knockhill they stand a chance of being in the top 5 perhaps, but the rest of the tracks they will be top 10-20 fodder - at best. The car just isn't fast enough.

One thing I noticed, there is no Porsche support race at Rockingham, so is there a replacement?
Old 1 Aug 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3840645)   #781
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I really don't think the BMW's will be that fast anywhere. Knockhill they stand a chance of being in the top 5 perhaps, but the rest of the tracks they will be top 10-20 fodder - at best. The car just isn't fast enough.

One thing I noticed, there is no Porsche support race at Rockingham, so is there a replacement?
SUbaru's all the way at Rockingham then just like last year.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3840664)   #782
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Going on form - I expect Goff to upset that cart slightly, and if TD are getting to grips with the FK8 then Sutton will have his work cut out to keep Hondas behind him.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3840671)   #783
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Going on form - I expect Goff to upset that cart slightly, and if TD are getting to grips with the FK8 then Sutton will have his work cut out to keep Hondas behind him.
In that respect, go Goff and Neal, those two are my faves, not for the title, in General and we're all dying to see Cammish win a race before long.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3840679)   #784
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I keep forgetting it's the Rock rather the Knock next, got so used to Knockhill being after Snetterton. I'd say Tingram, Turkington, Neal and Goff are the most likely, they've been the most consistent this season, but don't rule out Sutton, he's done a remarkable job to get back in contention
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3840680)   #785
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well I can see one Subaru at the pointy end: it'll be mixing it with Tingram, Goff, Neal, Turks for definite. AJ and Collard should be in the mix, Cook and Procter are likely, not forgetting Sonic.

I've not added Tordoff to my thinking as he will have a broken car. Is Sams driving particularly unsympathetic to the Focus or is he just unlucky?

If AWE were around then based on weekend gone he'd be top 10 at some point in the weekend. Just think where this young man would be finish wise if he was in one of the top cars.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3840685)   #786
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In that respect, go Goff and Neal, those two are my faves, not for the title, in General and we're all dying to see Cammish win a race before long.
so you dont just agree with everyone??
to paraphrase

You: I think it will be BMWs and Subarus doing well at Rockingham
Sodemo: I dont think the BMWs will be very good
You: No just the Subarus then
Crmalcom: I expect Goff to do well and Dynamics
You: Yeah Goff and Neal will do well
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3840686)   #787
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

If AWE were around then based on weekend gone he'd be top 10 at some point in the weekend. Just think where this young man would be finish wise if he was in one of the top cars.
Has there been any update on the Hill/AMD "thing"?
Old 1 Aug 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3840692)   #788
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Has there been any update on the Hill/AMD "thing"?
Deafening silence, so I'm guessing not. If I had my new driver signed I'd want to start generating publicity - unless I were holding back while a sponsor was being finalised.

TG has moved on driver wise, so unless there is a requirement for Hill to compensate HARD with cash then I would think he's probably free...
Old 1 Aug 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3840695)   #789
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Deafening silence, so I'm guessing not. If I had my new driver signed I'd want to start generating publicity - unless I were holding back while a sponsor was being finalised.

TG has moved on driver wise, so unless there is a requirement for Hill to compensate HARD with cash then I would think he's probably free...
Im guessing the contractual issues are still rumbling on, although by now im surprised AmD haven't just gone to their plan B and secured someone for the rest of the season.
Old 1 Aug 2018, 22:00 (Ref:3840760)   #790
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
AMD will have to find someone, wasn't AWE meant to be a one-off?
Old 1 Aug 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3840761)   #791
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
so you dont just agree with everyone??
to paraphrase

You: I think it will be BMWs and Subarus doing well at Rockingham
Sodemo: I dont think the BMWs will be very good
You: No just the Subarus then
Crmalcom: I expect Goff to do well and Dynamics
You: Yeah Goff and Neal will do well
I don't really give a monkey's who does well and who doesn't!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3841781)   #792
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Collard in Rockingham and Knockhill.
http://www.btcc.net/2018/08/06/rob-c...dical-grounds/
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3841782)   #793
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
No Collard in Rockingham and Knockhill.
http://www.btcc.net/2018/08/06/rob-c...dical-grounds/
Shame. I would take a guess that the car will still have 'Collard' on the side though...!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3841785)   #794
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Collard may be out of BTCC after this year. Now, who's going to replace him? I also think it'll be another R. Collard!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3841786)   #795
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Yeah I was going to say it's gonna be Ricky collard in that car he did test in it at the start of the year after all
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3841791)   #796
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don’t think it’ll be Ricky, WSR will want someone proven in BTCC already, they’ve got a manufacturers trophy to aim for still.

My money is on someone like Priaulx
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3841792)   #797
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I don’t think it’ll be Ricky, WSR will want someone proven in BTCC already, they’ve got a manufacturers trophy to aim for still.

My money is on someone like Priaulx
wont be piaulx. he's contracted to ford. it will be ricky. he did the test earlier this year and is a bmw factory driver
Old 6 Aug 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3841793)   #798
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another candidate would be Alexander Sims - also a BMW factory driver and has recently expressed interest in the BTCC.

Only other possibility I could think of would be Tom Onslow-Cole.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3841796)   #799
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Head injuries are always a worry, and so I wish Rob all the very best in his recovery. Correct move from the medics to rule him out if there's any risk at all.

Ricky seems like the natural choice to replace him. I don't think he sees his future in the BTCC, but I can't imagine a BMW factory driver would turn down the opportunity to pilot a race winning car - especially one that his old man knows inside out.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3841811)   #800
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Saddened to hear Rob did get hurt; head, and in particular concussion injuries, are not easy to identify, never mind treat.

All the best and I hope he will be fit enough to return should he wish too.