Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Oct 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2976353)   #776
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
LM 2009 of JLOC was a poser epic fail, in 2010 judging by their poor experience and budget (and a brand new car) they did a good race! surely wasn't the worst GT1 of the grid.
One thing I've wanted clarified for a while: Was the story about torches being taped to the front of the car (to satisfy headlight requirements) true, or fabricated as salt to the wound?
Old 25 Oct 2011, 04:07 (Ref:2976367)   #777
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
One thing I've wanted clarified for a while: Was the story about torches being taped to the front of the car (to satisfy headlight requirements) true, or fabricated as salt to the wound?
They weren't taped to the front to serve as headlights, the headlights were functional. They were taped to the doors to illuminate the numbers as far as I can remember.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2976555)   #778
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well!!! Some day the ACO want the car´s look like this one:

http://browse.deviantart.com/digital...t=144#/d33z3fm

Credit Picture: armandodesign
Old 25 Oct 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2976572)   #779
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=gustavobamba;2976555]Well!!! Some day the ACO want the car´s look like this one:

Im taking up curling !!!
Old 25 Oct 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2976592)   #780
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=The Badger;2976572]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Well!!! Some day the ACO want the car´s look like this one:

Im taking up curling !!!
Not much there can be changed there .
Old 25 Oct 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2976728)   #781
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting Larbre news today courtesy of E-I.

Pascal Gibon, Christophe Bourret and Jean-Philipppe Belloc will race in a GT-Am Corvette next year at Le Mans and the WEC. These were the guys who came second at Le Sarthe this year in the Larbre Porsche.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-8604.html

It's interesting because what will come of the trio we saw in the Vette this season? A number of people had assumed there would be a Pro and an Am car for 2012. This to me points at 2xAm unless Bornhauser/Canal/Gardel have other plans?

Was really hoping for a Pro car for the P&M guys to campaign in the WEC.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 08:56 (Ref:2976944)   #782
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You may well see some fatory drivers in their car at WEC events .

Beretta is doing some driving in Zuhai . Garcia only does the big ones for the works team , as does Westbrook .

The squad from this year hasnt been mentioned yet , but what was mentioned was a possible Pro/Am effort in 2012 .

From what I can gather , P&M/Corvette are not interested in the WEC . Why , possibily cuz of a works supported effort from Larbre ?
Old 28 Oct 2011, 08:28 (Ref:2978057)   #783
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if I an understanding this correctly, but it sounds like Loeb is interested in starting an endurance racing team with the goal of participation at Le Mans in 2013 or 2014. Also, the team may get a prototype (LMPC?) to participate in the Le Mans Test Day next year. At least that is what I am understanding from the translation. Perhaps someone else can provide a clearer explanation.

Part 1: http://www.dna.fr/sports/2011/10/28/objectif-le-mans

Part 2: http://www.dna.fr/sports/2011/10/28/patron-pilote
Old 28 Oct 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2978098)   #784
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Lola have just tweeted this:

"Plenty of excitement at Lola towers today as we have secured a great new team for LMP next year. Very exciting. More detail soon."
Old 28 Oct 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2978099)   #785
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's how I understood it. That is quite exciting news. Would be great to see Loeb bring in a team and watch it grow. By the time he has finished with the WRC they could be ready to make the step up.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2978109)   #786
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

"Plenty of excitement at Lola towers today as we have secured a great new team for LMP next year. Very exciting. More detail soon."
Interesting. Dagys posted yesterday that he would have an exclusive article today about an ALMS team's driving line-up for 2012. I wonder if the two could be related. I'm kind of hoping that it isn't Muscle Milk that is the new Lola team as I'm hoping to see a HPD in the ALMS, but we'll see. It can't be worse than the Lola-Drayson announcement a couple of months back!

Is there any possibility that the announcement could be about Dempsey's team? I know he has to run a coupe if he wants to race at Le Mans and Lola seems to be the only LMP2 coupe option. Well, there is the Bailey too, but I don't know if he would be interested in that. I'm not sure if Dempsey is still planning on racing in LMP2 at Le Mans next year with the fairly solid rumor that Mazda will not have an LMP2 engine available for 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That's how I understood it. That is quite exciting news. Would be great to see Loeb bring in a team and watch it grow. By the time he has finished with the WRC they could be ready to make the step up.
It's pretty exciting. I bet a big name like Loeb could get some financial backing to put out a good effort. I wonder if there is any possibility of those Porsche Cup cars running in the LMS next year. I don't believe anyone has committed (publicly at least) to the new LMS GTC class.

Last edited by AGD; 28 Oct 2011 at 10:17.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2978150)   #787
The Badger
Veteran

LMS GTC class ..... Its only open to Porsche and Ferrari , aint it ?

While their not exactly new , I wonder could it be DAMS ?
Old 28 Oct 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2978159)   #788
jo1998sh
Rookie

United Kingdom
jo1998sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It's pretty exciting. I bet a big name like Loeb could get some financial backing to put out a good effort. I wonder if there is any possibility of those Porsche Cup cars running in the LMS next year. I don't believe anyone has committed (publicly at least) to the new LMS GTC class.
I believe JMB could be running a ferrari or two in lms gtc. not entirely sure though.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2978162)   #789
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
LMS GTC class ..... Its only open to Porsche and Ferrari , aint it ?
There were rumors that other Cup type cars may be invited (I don't remember which were rumored - Lotus Cup maybe?), but I don't know if any official decision has been made. I guess it will be Porsche and Ferrari if nothing else assuming cars from those two brands show up to race.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2978353)   #790
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Black Swan in ALMS P1/2 perhaps, might they have acquired the Level 5 car(s)?
Old 28 Oct 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2978359)   #791
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

From RLM Twitter -

Quote:
John Wickham leaving Renault - to Aston Martin or Toyota .. or new Lola LMP team?
Old 29 Oct 2011, 04:36 (Ref:2978457)   #792
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Taki Inoue (Legendary Japanese F1 driver) says that he participates in Le Mans next year (as team owner?) on his twitter.
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...08212769484800
Old 29 Oct 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2978475)   #793
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps racing a Tatra in GTE? In that legendary white livery with red stripes.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2978500)   #794
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Taki says that he would like to run a roofed LMP car for 2012 LM24.
I do not know whether it is a joke.
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...70778594447360
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:12 (Ref:2978519)   #795
The Badger
Veteran

He cant have been that bad , to get into F1 in the first place ..... was he ?

I remember his name from around the time I had a vague interest in F1 ..... I remember he wasnt that good , but is there no hope for him ?
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2978529)   #796
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
He is the worst F1 driver ever.
But he is a businessman now.
He is managing Japanese drivers, too
Old 29 Oct 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2978543)   #797
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
He is the worst F1 driver ever.
But he is a businessman now.
He is managing Japanese drivers, too
EVER !!!
Old 29 Oct 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2978655)   #798
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loeb Racing officially announced.

French Porsche Carrera cup campaign to kick off. Working to get the budget together for a Formula Le Mans car.

Aiming to enter Le Mans in a P2 in 2014 to coincide with Loeb's retirement from the WRC.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/10/...ns+Newsfeed%29

Sounds like a sensible plan and a good basis for a team. All the best to them!
Old 29 Oct 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2978691)   #799
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Sebast...wner_5512.html
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...cing-launched/

Here's some more info from SPEED and the Le Mans official site. So he's going to run Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Cars next year, along with an Oreca FLM09 in LMS. He'll try to build up to the LMP2 effort from there. Sounds like fun, we already saw him try out a Formula 1 Car before, so he seems pretty well rounded (even if he's just the team owner)
Old 29 Oct 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2978729)   #800
The Badger
Veteran

Im impressed with this news . Not jumping into the deep end straight away .

First Porsche cup and LMS with an LMPC ..... if all goes well a jump to P2 in 2014 , and then who knows .

Delighted that he is obviously impressed with sportscar racing too .

Wish him and his team all the very best .