Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jun 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3544974)   #776
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Would love to see the car stickered up with loads of brand names soon too.
Me too mate ! :- )
Old 4 Jun 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3544981)   #777
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manor's car is getting sponsored now..
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/606538762818969600
Old 4 Jun 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3544983)   #778
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Leimer deserves a shot at F1, always has. Him, Valsecchi and Palmer all deserved more than they got off the back of winning GP2. Leimer is underrated imo. Good racer, did a very strong job in his championship season and multiple feature race winner. When the likes of Marcus Ericsson, Max Chilton and Giedo Van Der Garde made F1 with a far less impressive junior record.

I feel a bit for Merhi though - totally believe that the weight issue is the main reason he's behind Stevens. Will all due respect to him, Will Stevens is not a word beater.
+1

Totally agree. It's pretty early to know who is doing better ,Merhi or Stevens, mainly because both are having a lot of problems, but it seems Stevens got the money, so the Merhi's seat is in trouble and probably I would like to see Palmer instead of Leimer
Old 5 Jun 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3545035)   #779
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its a start...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Jun 2015, 05:45 (Ref:3545080)   #780
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you have a point?
Old 5 Jun 2015, 06:24 (Ref:3545088)   #781
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Did you have a point?
Always. There was a link above to a couple of pics on someone's private twitter account. This is actually the full story.

What sounds like contra today (what exactly is a Challenger sponsor?) will hopefully lead into a new sequence of brands joining the Manor Marussia experience.

Hope so for their sakes anyway...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Jun 2015, 06:35 (Ref:3545094)   #782
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it leads to more sponsorship. It is a big song and dance for a very small sticker.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3545098)   #783
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
I hope it leads to more sponsorship. It is a big song and dance for a very small sticker.
Its a connection to a new, first world, Gen Y sponsor.. so you can kinda see the big deal they are making...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Jun 2015, 06:57 (Ref:3545104)   #784
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindt70 View Post
+1

Totally agree. It's pretty early to know who is doing better ,Merhi or Stevens, mainly because both are having a lot of problems, but it seems Stevens got the money, so the Merhi's seat is in trouble and probably I would like to see Palmer instead of Leimer
Palmer I wouldn't be completely surprised to see in Maldonado's seat some time soon. I know Pastor brings sponsorship and actually has stood up rather better than I expected to Grosjean, but Lotus seem pretty happy with Palmer so far and there have been public rumblings haven't there?

Leimer at Manor seems a good fit. Again he's probably not a World Champion in waiting, but as a pretty convincing GP2 champion deserves a shot.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3545201)   #785
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Palmer I wouldn't be completely surprised to see in Maldonado's seat some time soon. I know Pastor brings sponsorship and actually has stood up rather better than I expected to Grosjean, but Lotus seem pretty happy with Palmer so far and there have been public rumblings haven't there?

Leimer at Manor seems a good fit. Again he's probably not a World Champion in waiting, but as a pretty convincing GP2 champion deserves a shot.
True, I forgot Palmer as a "test driver" in Lotus and he would be the logical replacement of Pastor...if Lotus does not mind Pastor's money anymore
Old 5 Jun 2015, 16:08 (Ref:3545245)   #786
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
They are buying up Lotus. It's a non-story clickbait based on the movement of one person who is apparently based at Manor on a consultancy basis.

Im not convinced. You seem convinced and in the know? Hows that? Sorry, you put your face above the parapet, stated "they are buying". Let us know the facts then...
Old 6 Jun 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3545675)   #787
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very interesting to see a social media type website/service using F1.

Like many regions, Quebec (Montreal) is engaged in a bit if a battle with airbnb over the proper implementation of taxes and the challange it poses to the traditional hotel lobby.

Might be a bit more to the timing but regardless happy for the team as airbnb is a service I really enjoy.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 00:29 (Ref:3545958)   #788
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Im not convinced. You seem convinced and in the know? Hows that? Sorry, you put your face above the parapet, stated "they are buying". Let us know the facts then...
Well..let me just say that..my antennae was quivering violently when I made that post in reaction to Renault brass and the Lotus people meeting up.

My antennae is usually right - so I'm looking forward to my prophecy being vindicated.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3545968)   #789
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If Renault & Total do buy Team Lotus, then that is great to secure the future of that squad.

It would be impressive for them to take out 2 teams, to include Manor Marussia, to magnify both the commitment and indeed the power base, but that perhaps is not likely.

It does have you wondering however whether Manor Marussia could plug into the Renault technology system, especially if/when RBR & STR find a new partner... as they threaten to do.. sort of..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Jun 2015, 06:49 (Ref:3546025)   #790
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be amazed if Renault bought Lotus given that they sold them five years ago and they've just switched to Mercedes cutting off the last link between the two companies. I do find it hard to think of Lotus as anything other than a Renault team though, they've been affiliated for so long, since 1994?
Old 10 Jun 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3546806)   #791
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Manor/Marussia might abandon plans to introduce a new car this season originally planned for the Belgian GP. It comes down to what the benefits might be as they are able to qualify within the 107% rule now and are unlikely to move up the grid with a new car this year, better to put their resources into next year.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...ew-car-in-2015
Old 10 Jun 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3546807)   #792
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Manor/Marussia might abandon plans to introduce a new car this season originally planned for the Belgian GP. It comes down to what the benefits might be as they are able to qualify within the 107% rule now and are unlikely to move up the grid with a new car this year, better to put their resources into next year.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ma...ew-car-in-2015
Wonder if their tune might change if McLaren Honda keeps running like hairy goats? Maybe 9th is in reach in the WCC this year too...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Jun 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3546810)   #793
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder if their tune might change if McLaren Honda keeps running like hairy goats? Maybe 9th is in reach in the WCC this year too...
But will they need a brand new car to do it rather than an update of their current one?
Old 18 Jun 2015, 06:10 (Ref:3551767)   #794
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
But will they need a brand new car to do it rather than an update of their current one?
And a '15 spec Ferrari engine most likely...

Might all be a moot point if this squad is to switch to Honda next season as is much rumoured...

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Jun 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3551802)   #795
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It makes sense to delay the car. Spend how ever many millions on a new chassis and maybe PU, just to finish closer to the back of the grid. Even with McLaren Honda running like a hairy goat, they are still comfortably ahead of Marussia. They'd be better to throw everything they have at 2016 and try and beat Haas.

The only opposing factor is development. Would they be better to try and improve on the current chassis now with a 2015 model, and subsequently improve on that from the lessons learnt for the rest of the season, to bring a better car out for 2016. It is a huge jump to go from 2014.5 to a 2016 car.

Still, reliability is good on the current car, so perhaps just plugging away with it for the remainder of the season is better than bringing in a potentially unreliable "upgraded" chassis.
Old 18 Jun 2015, 09:02 (Ref:3551807)   #796
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
If they were to go with Honda I would imagine that Honda would need to pay Manor to take the engine, considering its current performance, as opposed to Manor paying Honda
Old 18 Jun 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3551875)   #797
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If they were to go with Honda I would imagine that Honda would need to pay Manor to take the engine, considering its current performance, as opposed to Manor paying Honda
lol!

I think they'll take anything that costs them the less money.
Old 18 Jun 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3552016)   #798
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
lol!

I think they'll take anything that costs them the less money.
McLaren allowing Marussia to take the Honda engine would be about the only way to guarantee Marussia finished below McLaren in the WCC.
Old 19 Jun 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3552114)   #799
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Woohoo! Super Aguri rides again

Honda will figure it out, some day.

That said, I was looking at a Civic Type R turbo later in the year. Maybe I might wait a while...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jun 2015, 01:50 (Ref:3552886)   #800
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Honda Not Ready For Second F1 Team Supply

Arguably they arent ready for their first one
#CANCERSUCKS