Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Apr 2020, 01:50 (Ref:3969233)   #776
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Radio news reporting Canadian GP has been cancelled.
Was officially announced a few hours ago https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...6uPcZSRbP.html Technically postponed rather than cancelled at this point.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 05:36 (Ref:3969248)   #777
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This news just appeared on Foreign Office website. 11) The Foreign Office now advises against travel 'indefinitely'. It had already advised against non-essential travel until Thu 16 Apr - now it's extended this, with no clear end date. In some ways this makes things trickier, as before this advice it was clear there was an end date.
Game over for this year?...
Old 8 Apr 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3969251)   #778
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
This news just appeared on Foreign Office website. 11) The Foreign Office now advises against travel 'indefinitely'. It had already advised against non-essential travel until Thu 16 Apr - now it's extended this, with no clear end date. In some ways this makes things trickier, as before this advice it was clear there was an end date.

Yep, I posted this a while back, it will also mean for the teams that they will have no travel insurance cover for staff as it will be void and no insurer is going to cover you in the current situation and government guidance, which is effectively telling you not to travel.

On the face of it the UK based teams can't go anywhere until it is lifted.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Apr 2020, 06:39 (Ref:3969252)   #779
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think it’s best we leave it for a bit longer. After all although there are signs that the lockdown is working, we aren’t out of the woods yet. Let’s see what the next few weeks bring
It won't change a thing unfortunately until a vaccine is in the population not just found. They can't even hold a pit stop because of social separation requirements and there is no pit garage that could hold a full team on race day with legal SD in operation.

I would also predict when Boris is over his episode the British public will have more onerous restrictions placed on them. It will be interesting to compare his before and after comments and what flows from his experience. F1 as a largely British based organisation could be further hampered by any changes from his experience.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 07:44 (Ref:3969256)   #780
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Italy and Spain are currently showing signs of improvement. We are a bit behind. Could take a couple of weeks at best before things pick up
Old 8 Apr 2020, 07:47 (Ref:3969258)   #781
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
They can't even hold a pit stop because of social separation requirements and there is no pit garage that could hold a full team on race day with legal SD in operation.

I suspect somebody in full fireproofs with helmets on has better protection than some of the PPE that is been used at the moment.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3969261)   #782
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To maintain the 2 m distancing you'd need more than 2 pit garages.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 08:12 (Ref:3969263)   #783
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Italy and Spain are currently showing signs of improvement. We are a bit behind. Could take a couple of weeks at best before things pick up

I think your optimisim is slighly misplaced.todays headlines.

604 new virus deaths in Italy.
Spain saw a surge of 734 more COVID-19 deaths.
France records highest daily death toll of 833.
UK records highest daily death toll from coronavirus at 854.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3969282)   #784
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
From what I’ve seen on the news there have been fewer new cases than they have been. Meanwhile China is now reporting no new deaths from Corona
Old 8 Apr 2020, 10:33 (Ref:3969291)   #785
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
From what I’ve seen on the news there have been fewer new cases than they have been. Meanwhile China is now reporting no new deaths from Corona
I agree that the indications are positive. However, there are some cautions I would make in relation to these, applicable to all in the UK.

China - facing a lot of criticism from other nations other being the source of the virus. Politically, it makes sense for them to provide figures that are declining. There are doubts over the validity of these figures, so would urge caution before using them as any basis to make plans against.

Fewer cases - the lock-down has only been in place for two weeks, and the number of deaths is still rising, lagging a few days behind the number of cases. The number of cases at the time the lock-down was brought into place stood at 22 thousand. This has since risen to over 55 thousand known cases, with likely 100s of thousands of un-diagnosed cases.
What does this mean - currently in the UK, there are a lot more people who have the potential to infect others than when we went into lock-down. It is likely to be more like months, rather than weeks, before the number of 'live' cases reduces to a level that can see movement restrictions lifted. It has taken nearly 3 months to see restrictions marginally relaxed in China.

The reason I am so keen to press this point home - comments such as 'Could take a couple of weeks at best before things pick up' can potentially be very damaging when it comes to our nation's response to this virus. If people are already thinking we are just a couple of weeks away from seeing improvements, then all of the hard work that we have achieved as a nation may be undone in a matter of days if people think we are going to be safe soon.

I don't want to banish hope, but I just feel that the sooner people realise:

A) - the severity of the situation
B) - the realistic length of time it will take to tackle this

the more chance we have of seeing the restrictions lifted once, rather than seeing the virus return in waves. If we all, as a nation, start to accept that our efforts must be sustained for months, then the measures have more chance of success in fewer months than sadly seems to be the attitude of some at present.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3969292)   #786
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually yesterday the published figure for the uk was 786 this was Monday's recorded figure.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3969294)   #787
S griffin
Veteran

Of course we still need to be sensible and we will get through this quicker. And it will take a gradual improvement rather than a sudden improvement. But let’s not focus too much on the negatives, there are good stories out there, if you know where to look
Old 8 Apr 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3969298)   #788
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worldometer is supposed to have the most accurate statistics.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/
Old 8 Apr 2020, 11:27 (Ref:3969299)   #789
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'll be fiiiiine. People are dying all over the globe, but hey there's 20 guys in romper suits popping into Kwik Fit every 50 miles, so that's ok then.

It isn't going to go down well with the rest of the public is it?

Going to be interesting what the thoughts of the Facebook Police will be if they try to play out the rest of the Premier League behind closed doors. There's been some quite priggish messages from self-appointed busy bodies recently. I think we're going to see a lot of negative pressure on any sport that starts up again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Apr 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3969301)   #790
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Of course we still need to be sensible and we will get through this quicker. And it will take a gradual improvement rather than a sudden improvement. But let’s not focus too much on the negatives, there are good stories out there, if you know where to look
I can't argue with keeping a positive outlook. Its a healthy strategy for good mental health. However, positive thinking has zero impact on the outcome. Maybe actually it makes it worse if people stop social distancing.

Richard
Old 8 Apr 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3969311)   #791
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree. Positive attitudes are good. But false hopes leading to rash actions aren't.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3969319)   #792
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Another major blow to F1, the UK government has chnaged it's travel advice for UK residents to avoid travelling abroad indefinately. This will be the end for the F1 season IMO as the majority of the teams are based here and if they make their employees travel abroad against governent guidance, they will likely have no insurance to cover them and possibly will be in breach of various employment legisllation about employee welfare, etc.

That folks, is it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I posted about it earlier, but lol at thinking these governments, with varying levels of control over their citizens, will ever give back all the freedoms we had before this. "Indefinitely" is a good way to frame it to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
An announcement in Australia this morning may throw some doubt on next year's opening round. The New South Wales premier has announced that until there is a vaccine available then all measures on social distancing will stay in place. If this becomes a national or even just a Victorian as well then that would seem to scupper any sporting events and before anyone says run it without spectators that won't fly either. There is no way any pit stop could be done or any pit garage could be configured to meet the SD measures either. Oz has become one big jail and until a vaccine is proven effective and begun to be used I doubt any big sporting event is going to happen and certainly no event requiring a large importation of people into Oz to make it happen.

Other countries may take a more lenient view but the Oz government has gone hard core on prevention and recently told all people here on tourist visas to get out of the country and return home as there is no way they will get any financial assistance while they remain here. We have been told that the SD and ban on travel will last at least six months and then don't be surprised when it is extended and I will put money on it being extended.

I doubt that the AGP will be the only race affected next year and if that happens as seems likely F1 is definitely up that well known creek without a paddle so to speak. Let's see how it plays out over the next few months.
Now we're into 2021... yeah.... Also that bolded line.... pretty much like that everywhere. People getting fined, citations, threatened with jail time for being out in some places over here, while jails are releasing prisoners because there are outbreaks in the jails. As if they'll observe all the social distancing orders in place once released from jail, where they were for.... not obeying orders in place....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Probably only a small chance F1 will even get under way in 2021.
This virus is going to cause problems for a long time to come.
2021 now, you say?

Quote:
I think it’s best we leave it for a bit longer. After all although there are signs that the lockdown is working, we aren’t out of the woods yet. Let’s see what the next few weeks bring
This will be a familiar refrain for government officials enjoying the newfound control.

Quote:

Quote:
Can't trust anything they put out.

Here's a question for everyone: who wants to be the leader, be it president, prime minister, or governor of a state to be the first to "go back to normal", and risk having a round two of an outbreak? We have already been warned about round 2, even a third round of outbreaks, and needed restrictions in the future. It's almost as if they're planning on controlling our movements "indefinitely".... Give power hungry officials insane power... what could ever go wrong?

Meanwhile....https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/01/p...rus/index.html

All gyms are shut down here in the states. We must observe our social distancing, shelter in places, etc.... unless you're one of the chosen ones. Then those rules don't apply. See how many insulting, hypocritical, and disgusting lines you can find in this article. Such as "everyone else is shut down.... but hey, she ain't having it." Nice to have that choice, I guess.... But I'm sure we can trust these people to decide when it is best to "allow" us our freedoms back. No way they'll extend things "indefinitely" "just in case", or to not risk a second wave of outbreaks... no chance....

Last edited by RWill2073; 8 Apr 2020 at 13:31.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 14:29 (Ref:3969331)   #793
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i can't see if this has been mentioned yet, but the official shutdown has been extended to five weeks.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-to-five-weeks

perhaps the media should look at how the teams are demanding their staff use their holiday allowance to cover it?
Old 8 Apr 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3969332)   #794
S griffin
Veteran

Of course they will use this time for factory shutdown, just so they’ve got more room for races later on.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3969337)   #795
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I posted about it earlier, but lol at thinking these governments, with varying levels of control over their citizens, will ever give back all the freedoms we had before this. "Indefinitely" is a good way to frame it to start.

Now we're into 2021... yeah.... Also that bolded line.... pretty much like that everywhere. People getting fined, citations, threatened with jail time for being out in some places over here, while jails are releasing prisoners because there are outbreaks in the jails. As if they'll observe all the social distancing orders in place once released from jail, where they were for.... not obeying orders in place....

2021 now, you say?

This will be a familiar refrain for government officials enjoying the newfound control.

Can't trust anything they put out.

Here's a question for everyone: who wants to be the leader, be it president, prime minister, or governor of a state to be the first to "go back to normal", and risk having a round two of an outbreak? We have already been warned about round 2, even a third round of outbreaks, and needed restrictions in the future. It's almost as if they're planning on controlling our movements "indefinitely".... Give power hungry officials insane power... what could ever go wrong?

Meanwhile....https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/01/p...rus/index.html

All gyms are shut down here in the states. We must observe our social distancing, shelter in places, etc.... unless you're one of the chosen ones. Then those rules don't apply. See how many insulting, hypocritical, and disgusting lines you can find in this article. Such as "everyone else is shut down.... but hey, she ain't having it." Nice to have that choice, I guess.... But I'm sure we can trust these people to decide when it is best to "allow" us our freedoms back. No way they'll extend things "indefinitely" "just in case", or to not risk a second wave of outbreaks... no chance....
The Thoughts of David Ike?.....
Old 8 Apr 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3969340)   #796
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i can't see if this has been mentioned yet, but the official shutdown has been extended to five weeks.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...-to-five-weeks

perhaps the media should look at how the teams are demanding their staff use their holiday allowance to cover it?
The only thing I could find regarding an extension to the lockdown was this. I won't be surprised if it is extended across the UK, three weeks always seemed too short. However, an initial 3 week period was probably easier to present to the general public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52215421
Old 8 Apr 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3969350)   #797
S griffin
Veteran

That’s exactly what I’ve seen. The government are going to analyse the situation at the end of the week and then make a decision
Old 8 Apr 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3969352)   #798
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The Thoughts of David Ike?.....
David Ike or did you mean David Icke?

the latter of course being the guy who only wore turquoise after talking to a space god of some sort and major proponent of the reptoid conspiracy....i love this guy!

dont read his books if you are easily influenced by outlandish conspiracies but of you are not and can read purely for entertainment purposes, his books are absolutely hysterical and poorly written (which actually makes them more fun to read).
Old 8 Apr 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3969375)   #799
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
David Ike or did you mean David Icke?

the latter of course being the guy who only wore turquoise after talking to a space god of some sort and major proponent of the reptoid conspiracy....i love this guy!

dont read his books if you are easily influenced by outlandish conspiracies but of you are not and can read purely for entertainment purposes, his books are absolutely hysterical and poorly written (which actually makes them more fun to read).
I'm all for it! Whilst his views are at best an outlandish form of attention seeking, and at worst the warblings of a very damaged individual we have every reason to be a little sceptical about the governance of our lives and the world at large these days!!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3969392)   #800
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Ok, I'll play it up a little (I have never heard of david icke before today, btw)

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...ng-new-yorkers

First they came for the new yorkers. I said nothing...