Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Mar 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3511696)   #7976
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought last year that the 919 was the "pretty" one and the R18 was the "brutal" one. Both seem to be taking it to the extreme with their 2015 versions.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 18:59 (Ref:3511753)   #7977
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/j...-for-15-years/
Old 4 Mar 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3511764)   #7978
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Last years R18 was so pretty. This one is hurting my eyes right now. But I will get used to it.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3511770)   #7979
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
UGLYEST..AUDI..EVER..!!
The R15+ was worse IMO. This R18 seems to be designed to be more efficient in turns.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 19:56 (Ref:3511775)   #7980
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post

That would have worked better if both Fry and the R18 were facing the same way ...

Seriously, I am fascinated as to exactly why those massive holes have turned up underneath the light clusters the front end instead of a wider but shallower opening. Probably a bit of both but I'd love to hear the explanation behind it.

As the adage goes, if it's fast enough, it's pretty/cool/awesome/desirable enough.

Last edited by J Jay; 4 Mar 2015 at 20:02.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3511830)   #7981
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The R15+ was worse IMO. This R18 seems to be designed to be more efficient in turns.
Thats a weird course of action imo if true. They ran high downforce last year and were off pace. I bet the 'long' tail solution is them trying to reduce drag. That cost them in '14.
Old 4 Mar 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3511841)   #7982
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Those two air intakes at the front remind me of the 2003-2004 Lister Storm LMP

(source: Mulsanne's Corner)
Old 5 Mar 2015, 01:55 (Ref:3511872)   #7983
MihokS5
Racer

MihokS5 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So Marshall Pruett was there all day today. I wonder when we'll get the scoop on the car along with some official Audi photos...
Old 5 Mar 2015, 02:18 (Ref:3511877)   #7984
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Audi tweeted an 'official photo' http://twitter.com/Audi__Sport/statu...83588314849280
Old 5 Mar 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3511878)   #7985
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Those two air intakes at the front remind me of the 2003-2004 Lister Storm LMP

(source: Mulsanne's Corner)
That car had some forward thinking design elements for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
So Marshall Pruett was there all day today. I wonder when we'll get the scoop on the car along with some official Audi photos...
I was impressed that Audi was said to have broken the track record. The question is by how much!
Old 5 Mar 2015, 02:40 (Ref:3511881)   #7986
MihokS5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That car had some forward thinking design elements for sure.

I was impressed that Audi was said to have broken the track record. The question is by how much!

Where was that said!?
Old 5 Mar 2015, 02:41 (Ref:3511882)   #7987
MihokS5
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post

Yes but I want the traditional studio shots
Old 5 Mar 2015, 02:55 (Ref:3511883)   #7988
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
Where was that said!?
On midweek motorsports today by Marshall.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 06:13 (Ref:3511913)   #7989
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nissan whoo???

Old 5 Mar 2015, 06:20 (Ref:3511915)   #7990
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi LMP1 Discussion

I'm intrigued by the changes on this years car, mainly the large intakes at the front but also the turning vanes behind the front wheels, changes the openings behind the front wheels, the floor in the mid section and rear seems, to be more elevate this year with the front low down next to the wheels then the lip curving upwards in the middle, the coms and radio also seem different, were they on a platform type base last year on top of the air intake..

Lastly the fin doesn't look horizontally level with the car it seems to be higher at the rear end, the dropping of slightly were it meets the air intake. Not sure if that just the camera but even on the side shots it seems this way too.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 06:42 (Ref:3511920)   #7991
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rear deck of the new Audi looks more like the low drag version of last year than the high downforce one however the rear deck is higher up which irc in this year's rules has to be at least 50mm above the diffuser. ( couldn't find the source to that but sure it was mentioned many pages ago in this thread)
Old 5 Mar 2015, 07:34 (Ref:3511929)   #7992
TF110
Veteran

United States
Racer.com have a mini write up on Audi's new T-D. Says the 2016 car is ongoing and specs almost finalized. Also a new video from them as well http://youtu.be/hrlyzA4lu1g
Old 5 Mar 2015, 07:40 (Ref:3511931)   #7993
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Someone on Sportscar 365 in the comments section of LT's Audi test video said that someone reportedly mentioned that on Monday Audi already turned a high 1:41.

Also, I'm not sure if it was here or on Mulsanne's Corner's Facebook page, but the front diffuser had a similar package last year with the "wing" and the aggressivly curled up splitter edge:

From the head-on shots that we've seen of the 2015 car, IMO the "wing" part of the front diffuser does look quite a bit more aggressive, and seems more cambered/"elevated" than on last year's car, even if the basic concept is nearly identical.

Also, it does seem that Audi designed this year's car to produce similar downforce levels as last year but with reduced drag. Though with the car in bare carbon (probably run to reduce the amount of details photographers can get until Audi release their press photos/show off a "painted" car), we do notice that the "catwalks" between the front fenders and nose box are much less slatted than last year (think 2013 R18), the valance panel between the sidepod and fender pontoon is attached to the top of the sidepod (last year it was angled up as a vent), and Audi have the "long tail" on a sprint spec LMP1 for the first time since 2008 when Audi retired the R10 as their factory car.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3511949)   #7994
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
On midweek motorsports today by Marshall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Someone on Sportscar 365 in the comments section of LT's Audi test video said that someone reportedly mentioned that on Monday Audi already turned a high 1:41.
Oh good, I was pretty tired last night and I thought I misheard that. The previous Sebring lap record is 1:43.8 if I'm right? If it's been bettered by two seconds straight out of the box then it appears to be target achieved. We've just got to see it perform at the Tilkedromes to be sure.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3511992)   #7995
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Some photos taken by Pruett posted at DSC about the Audi/Nissan/ESM test.

Some of the head on-ish Audi shots do suggest that a major role of the ducting in the front fenders is to guide airflow to the front diffuser and maybe front tuning vanes. Also, the profile of the "wing" part of the diffuser does seem quite different from any iteration used on the 2014 car:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...g-gallery.html
Old 5 Mar 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3512041)   #7996
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/j...-for-15-years/
“In general, I like Sebring. It has a very special atmosphere. We might not be racing there anymore, which I regret, but at least we have the opportunity to go there for testing. I hope that will continue for some more years!

Hmm yes I'm sure in few years time FIA will ban them from testing anywhere apart from Grade 1(T) as well...
Old 5 Mar 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3512054)   #7997
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know Audi's testing schedule? I have heard they will be there Friday but before I drive 3 hours on my day off I would like to make sure they will be running. Also does anyone know about track access? I know their is a public road next to the track.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3512066)   #7998
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Some photos taken by Pruett posted at DSC about the Audi/Nissan/ESM test.

Some of the head on-ish Audi shots do suggest that a major role of the ducting in the front fenders is to guide airflow to the front diffuser and maybe front tuning vanes. Also, the profile of the "wing" part of the diffuser does seem quite different from any iteration used on the 2014 car:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...g-gallery.html
Hires pictures are also available here.

A couple selected ones:

Old 5 Mar 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3512079)   #7999
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Does anyone know Audi's testing schedule? I have heard they will be there Friday but before I drive 3 hours on my day off I would like to make sure they will be running. Also does anyone know about track access? I know their is a public road next to the track.
They have the track reserved, but you never know how the testing will go.
Old 5 Mar 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3512163)   #8000
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
The entrance to the track is blocked off. The road to the airport runs alongside the track for quite a ways and there's a sidewalk also.