Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Dec 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4189519)   #801
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something worth bearing in mind is that some of these teams have "expanded" in the past on paper but had to hand their TBLs back before the start of the season. Speedworks have done this at least once previously.
Old 20 Dec 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4189522)   #802
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Jelly, Watson, gamble and smalley
Jelley is not returning.

I think Collard is probably favourite for the last BMW seat.
Old 20 Dec 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4189525)   #803
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I think Collard is probably favourite for the last BMW seat.
They’d be on different sides of the garage, but somehow I imagine a Hill and Collard pairing could get rather spicy!
Old 20 Dec 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4189528)   #804
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
They’d be on different sides of the garage, but somehow I imagine a Hill and Collard pairing could get rather spicy!

Don't overlook that Hill has so far, at least in the WSR ensemble, not exactly shown himself to be a team player. I do believe that there is not much love between him and Turkington, for example.
Old 20 Dec 2023, 23:19 (Ref:4189544)   #805
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think Andrew Watson for the 4th BMW Seat would be good
Old 21 Dec 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4189561)   #806
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post

Not going to happen though.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4189566)   #807
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the rumours page, so don't burn me (it's one of those my mate works at X type of things) but my *mate does work with Car Gods stuff, and he did say that after chatting with someone in the company that they said (as a sales pitch) that business has grown and they're putting a fair bit more into Gamble for next season.

Got to be honest, I had never checked out what Car Gods do, I thought they did wraps and stuff like that, didn't know they were a Power Maxed 'rival!'

*mate runs a valeting business, doesn't have the slightest interest in anything in racing outside of F1, didn't have a clue who Gamble was.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4189567)   #808
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
It's the rumours page, so don't burn me (it's one of those my mate works at X type of things) but my *mate does work with Car Gods stuff, and he did say that after chatting with someone in the company that they said (as a sales pitch) that business has grown and they're putting a fair bit more into Gamble for next season.

Got to be honest, I had never checked out what Car Gods do, I thought they did wraps and stuff like that, didn't know they were a Power Maxed 'rival!'

*mate runs a valeting business, doesn't have the slightest interest in anything in racing outside of F1, didn't have a clue who Gamble was.
That activation working well then!
Old 21 Dec 2023, 13:00 (Ref:4189569)   #809
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They're pretty big. I only learned this when I saw ad hoardings all over the Adelaide street circuit last month for the Supercars finale.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4189582)   #810
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Not going to happen though.
Why’s that?
Old 21 Dec 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4189587)   #811
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
They're pretty big. I only learned this when I saw ad hoardings all over the Adelaide street circuit last month for the Supercars finale.
Saw that as well and was a bit surprised (positively). If they're indeed investing more, could it be Gamble that's in contention for the WSR seat? Given his record in Cicely's BMW that could be a good change for him.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 16:07 (Ref:4189590)   #812
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Saw that as well and was a bit surprised (positively). If they're indeed investing more, could it be Gamble that's in contention for the WSR seat? Given his record in Cicely's BMW that could be a good change for him.
I was literally just going to post the same thing
Old 21 Dec 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4189592)   #813
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Car Gods were one of the event 'partners' / sponsors. The presenters from the Kindig Custom US TV Show were part of sideshow Custom Car event and the Car Gods car care and detailing products were part of their show area. There was a Car Gods promotional shop with discounted product.

I believe Car Gods have just launched in Australia via a local distributor, and this was part of their Aus product range launch campaign.

Edit: I was pretty close. I found this from Care Distributors, the new local seller:
Quote:
We are delighted to announce the arrival of Car Gods in the Australian market in partnership with Care Distributors. The brand is prominently featured track side at this weekend's ADL500.
We are delighted to be launching the brand in Australia and New Zealand to add to the growing list of markets where the products are already available.
Car Gods is a lifestyle premium detailing range including over 100 of the finest hand-crafted products to cover all aspects of vehicle detailing, from pre-cleaning and decontamination to protection and restoration.
Car Gods are the finest detailing products going and we are looking for distribution partners around Australia and NZ for this range and some other exciting car care brands. If you think this range may suit your business.....

Last edited by E.B; 21 Dec 2023 at 16:22. Reason: Added info
Old 21 Dec 2023, 20:34 (Ref:4189604)   #814
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Wasn’t Watson already announced as staying at PMR?
Old 21 Dec 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4189607)   #815
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Wasn’t Watson already announced as staying at PMR?
Doble and Taylor-Smith have been confirmed as staying.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4189609)   #816
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
About time we had one of these. I may have missed a few so feel free to edit/update as required. I can't remember which teams have/haven't confirmed what cars they will be using but I'm not expecting any changes from last year.

TBLTeamCarDriverNotes
Alliance RacingNAPAFord FocusAsh Sutton 
Alliance RacingNAPAFord FocusDan Cammish 
Alliance RacingNAPAFord Focus  
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30Ronan Pearson 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30Tom Ingram ? 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30Tom Chilton ? 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30  
West Surrey RacingLaser Tools Raing with MB MotorsportBMW 330eJake Hill 
West Surrey RacingWSRBMW 330eColin Turkington ? 
West Surrey RacingWSRBMW 330eAdam Morgan ? 
West Surrey RacingWSRBMW 330e  
Speedworks WorksportSpeedworksToyota Corolla  
One MotorsportOne MotorsportHonda Civic  
Power Maxed RacingPower Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraAron Taylor-Smith 
Power Maxed RacingPower Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraMikey Doble 
Power Maxed RacingPower Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra  
Restart RacingRestart RacingLeon CupraChris Smiley 
Restart RacingRestart RacingLeon Cupra  
Aiden Moffat Racing?   
Aiden Moffat Racing?   
CBM Racing?   
Old 21 Dec 2023, 21:53 (Ref:4189611)   #817
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, a table. 2023 is complete
Old 21 Dec 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4189612)   #818
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks redshoes

Given that we have teams of 4 x 4, 2 x 3 and 1 x2 .. I am struggling to see where the the AMR and CBM licences end up?
Old 21 Dec 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4189613)   #819
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure we'll see Boardley running his own Cupra, probably driving it himself
Old 21 Dec 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4189614)   #820
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Ah, a table. 2023 is complete
Not nearly enough random question marks!

4x Alliance, 4x WSR, 4x Excerl8 and 4x Speedworks alone more than covers the points positions for each race.
Old 21 Dec 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4189616)   #821
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
About time we had one of these. I may have missed a few so feel free to edit/update as required. I can't remember which teams have/haven't confirmed what cars they will be using but I'm not expecting any changes from last year.

TBLTeamCarDriverNotes
Alliance RacingNAPAFord FocusAsh Sutton 
Alliance RacingNAPAFord FocusDan Cammish 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30Ronan Pearson 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30Tom Ingram ? 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30Tom Chilton ? 
Excrlr8 MotorsportExcelr8Hyundai i30  
West Surrey RacingLaser Tools Raing with MB MotorsportBMW 330eJake Hill 
West Surrey RacingWSRBMW 330eColin Turkington ? 
West Surrey RacingWSRBMW 330eAdam Morgan ? 
West Surrey RacingWSRBMW 330e  
Power Maxed RacingPower Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraAron Taylor-Smith 
Power Maxed RacingPower Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraMikey Doble 
Power Maxed RacingPower Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra  
Restart RacingRestart RacingLeon CupraChris Smiley 
Restart RacingRestart RacingLeon Cupra  
Aiden Moffat Racing?   
Aiden Moffat Racing?   
CBM Racing?   
Why no Sam Osbourne ? Not very Likely he will be shown the door?
Old 21 Dec 2023, 22:35 (Ref:4189617)   #822
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll see Boardley running his own Cupra, probably driving it himself

OR:

He'll be defending his TCR championship.

Old 21 Dec 2023, 22:44 (Ref:4189619)   #823
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
OR:

He'll be defending his TCR championship.

Potentially, sounds like you know more than me but knowing who is now working for him, I'd assumed he'd be running the BTCC Cupra if not driving it himself.
Old 22 Dec 2023, 08:05 (Ref:4189630)   #824
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think Alliance will stay the same i.e. Sutton, Cammish, Osbourne & Rowbottom.
Old 22 Dec 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4189632)   #825
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As I said, "I may have missed a few so feel free to edit/update as required".