Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 May 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3400794)   #801
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i foundet a news from motorsport-total from the last week:

"Lotus hat zwar die ersten Crashtests mit dem neuen T129 erfolgreich bestanden, aber es stehen zwei weitere Tests noch aus. Diese müssen im Verlauf dieser Woche absolviert werden, denn sonst gibt es die erforderliche Homologation für das neue LMP1-Auto nicht mehr rechtzeitig für Le Mans. Diese muss 30 Tage vor dem Start des Events vorliegen - und Le Mans beginnt offiziell bereits mit dem Vortest. "

in english:
lotus has passed the first crashtests, but it lack the last two crashtests.
this tests must be absolvet in last week.
Old 2 May 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3400799)   #802
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I think if Lotus can't make it with the P1 the ACO won't make it easy for them to get back in. Especially since it is looking more and more like a Le Mans-only effort if it even does appear.

My preference would be for them to give it to Kessel Racing if the team are interested.
No no ..... not another bloody Ferrari . There is plenty of them already .
Old 2 May 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3400844)   #803
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I hope the ACO can find a prototype replacement if the Lotus drops out (seems likely to me) but Kessel's 458 looks more realistic right now, there are no ELMS P2 entries left that aren't already in - maybe Alpine/Signature can somehow find the money to enter their second car, drivers shouldn't be a problem, drivers with funding might be another thing - does anybody have Mr. Kearby's phone number?
Old 2 May 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3400845)   #804
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
If they have failed a crashtest then that's it I'm afraid. Time is running out...
Old 2 May 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3400867)   #805
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Boutsen Ginion could be another optional P2 (re-)entry.
Old 2 May 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3400888)   #806
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Boutsen Ginion could be another optional P2 (re-)entry.
They had all their funding hoovered up by Sebastien Loeb Racing so I doubt it.

All teams at this stage are still left with the issue that they had whilst on the reserve list. If they had a sure-fire entry it would be a lot easier to put together deals.
Old 3 May 2014, 04:16 (Ref:3401021)   #807
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting driver pickup for Larbre for their LMP2 entry.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...e-with-larbre/
Old 3 May 2014, 05:23 (Ref:3401030)   #808
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Interesting driver pickup for Larbre for their LMP2 entry.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...e-with-larbre/
Very interesting indeed! Although I don't think that Larbre realistically has a chance of winning with Keiko Ihara and Jacques Nicolet behind the wheel, but of course Ricky had to say it. Not discounting anything from Keiko and Jacques... they will be running a great outfit I'm sure and Larbre has been around forever so more power to them!

As far as Lotus, that whole organization seems rather dodgy to say the least. It looks like Le Mans only, maybe nothing at all... and their race programs never seem to be anything close to competitive.

I say give Kessel a shot, as well as AT Racing. Yes, yes, I know... more Ferraris... but I want to see Kola Aluko at Le Mans!
Old 3 May 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3401080)   #809
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about HVM-Status GP? They still have a car.
Old 3 May 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3401081)   #810
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
What about HVM-Status GP? They still have a car.
It's been proven time and again it's not as simple as having a car.

Also with regards to the Taylor/Larbre news - I don't think Jacques Nicolet is confirmed in the car. If they could field Taylor/Yacaman/Ihara and put Keiko in for the shortest time the rules demand - they might just scrape a top 10 haha.
Old 3 May 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3401082)   #811
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think they have raced since they pranged their car at Le Mans last year .
Old 3 May 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3401083)   #812
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They actually repaired that Lola? Why, they never raced it afterwards.

And they lied about doing ELMS after folding WEC in order to fullfill ACO's demand of doing full season in one of their series. I say lie because I'm pretty sure Ã*t was never the intention (particularly from HVM's end) to carry on after the big race

Anyway, I wish Rebellion had the budget to enter third car on standby - the old Lola - for the race. You know 2 unproven R-Ones and one trusty B12/60
Old 3 May 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3401532)   #813
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes they did rebuild it, or it's a different chassis.
From April 24th:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...it-son-retour/
Old 4 May 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3401768)   #814
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They actually repaired that Lola? Why, they never raced it afterwards.

And they lied about doing ELMS after folding WEC in order to fullfill ACO's demand of doing full season in one of their series. I say lie because I'm pretty sure Ã*t was never the intention (particularly from HVM's end) to carry on after the big race

Anyway, I wish Rebellion had the budget to enter third car on standby - the old Lola - for the race. You know 2 unproven R-Ones and one trusty B12/60
Sell the proven B12/60 to Kolles so he can paint it as a Lotus, in that case we have a proven car that can go the distance.
Old 4 May 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3401795)   #815
The Badger
Veteran

Im lookin forward to seeing what Ricky Taylor can do can do with that Larbre Morgan ..... hopefully he can get that singing . One more quick driver in that car would be cool .

That Status car , I don't know if it was ever tub damaged ? If I remember rightly the engine or gearbox was ripped off .
Old 4 May 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3401797)   #816
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we talking about the car that Tony Burgess near-destroyed in the Porsche Curves?
Old 4 May 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3401800)   #817
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep.

The entire rear axle was ripped off it was a massive shunt.
Old 4 May 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3401802)   #818
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im lookin forward to seeing what Ricky Taylor can do can do with that Larbre Morgan ..... hopefully he can get that singing . One more quick driver in that car would be cool .

That Status car , I don't know if it was ever tub damaged ? If I remember rightly the engine or gearbox was ripped off .
Does Ihara come with a lot of money?
Every race report I've read from Silverstone said her pace was awful. Maybe it was an off day for her, but it seems like she just isn't very good, yet she keeps getting drives.
I have no problem with Nicolet being in there, not sure how fast he is but he does a lot for prototype racing around the world with Oak Racing, so he'd kind of deserve it.
Old 4 May 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3401806)   #819
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep.

The entire rear axle was ripped off it was a massive shunt.
It took the engine and gearbox with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4n6qLds1UM
Old 4 May 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3401880)   #820
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Prospeed line up confirmed. Bleekemolen, MacNeil, Curtis. Shame it's an old car but good to see Jeroen pop up again.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...try-in-gte-am/
Old 4 May 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3401883)   #821
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 997 gets (even) more favourable BoP so it's not the end of world...
Old 4 May 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3401890)   #822
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Someone on here already predicted Jeroen would pop up somewhere. Very glad he was right. Congratulations to Jeroen.
Old 4 May 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3401931)   #823
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is quite some Am line-up.
The car might be 2 years old but that means all little bugs etc are known and fixed, and if BoP is even kinder to it because of its age, then I can see this trio on the podium, certainly as Bleek is likely to spend the maximum time behind the wheel.
Old 4 May 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3401932)   #824
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good to see Bleek have found a seat.
Old 4 May 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3401956)   #825
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Jeroen back