Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3450475)   #8276
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the foxsports go app on my iPad.i login with my xfinity account and I only get access to programming of the fox sports channels on my cable package.FS2 is not offered by comcast xfinity on any package so far. So unless it's streamed on Imsa.com,or fox sports does the same as Le Mans and streams petit with out any restrictions on FSG,then looks like I'm going to miss out on watching PETIT LE MANS.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3450493)   #8277
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I have the foxsports go app on my iPad.i login with my xfinity account and I only get access to programming of the fox sports channels on my cable package.FS2 is not offered by comcast xfinity on any package so far. So unless it's streamed on Imsa.com,or fox sports does the same as Le Mans and streams petit with out any restrictions on FSG,then looks like I'm going to miss out on watching PETIT LE MANS.
Use the international feed
Old 5 Sep 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3450497)   #8278
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah just proxy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There is actually a series in the USA called the 24 Hours of LeMons, where aside from safey aspects and wheels/tires/brakes, the limit on purchasing and prepping a car to compete is $500.
I know that.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3450596)   #8279
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Barfield Set to Become New IMSA Race Director"

Boom. Think this is a team-initiated move? I thought he did a great job pre-indy car work.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/b...race-director/
Old 5 Sep 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3450598)   #8280
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Other major news... wonder what it could be.

This is an old ALMS guy... holding some hope for what the other announcements might be.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3450600)   #8281
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I'm praying they're getting rid off those crappy FCY procedures!

Not sure if Barfield can make an impact on the series - IMSA/Nascar is probably offering a bigger check for his services than Indycar ever could.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3450603)   #8282
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been a bit of a shuffle at IMSA

Simon Hodgson will be IMSA’s Managing Director, Racing Operations
Scot Elkins, becomes Managing Director, Technical Regulations
Paul Walter moves into the role of Director, Racing Operations
Beaux Barfield will become Race Director for the TUDOR Championship and Continental Tire Challenge

Wonder if Beaux left IndyCar, was fired, or little of both? Articles seem to suggest Beaux left, but you never know.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3450614)   #8283
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Let's just hope that Beau knows the difference between #912 and #22!
Old 5 Sep 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3450616)   #8284
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just remember that if he makes any decision you disagree with HE'S DOING IT WRONG ON PURPOSE!!!
Old 5 Sep 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3450621)   #8285
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske View Post
Just remember that if he makes any decision you disagree with HE'S DOING IT WRONG ON PURPOSE!!!
I'm sure it won't take him long...
Old 5 Sep 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3450636)   #8286
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
Wonder if Beaux left IndyCar, was fired, or little of both? Articles seem to suggest Beaux left, but you never know.
Sounds like it was his own decision:

Quote:
“But decisions and explanations by committee send an unclear message and I think it’s a very archaic way of officiating.”
from http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/10...return-to-imsa

Didn't IMSA have a committee installed after Sebring as well? Might they be dismissed or going to operate in a different role cause otherwise Barfield's comment won't make a lot of sense.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3450638)   #8287
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Sounds like it was his own decision:

from http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/10...return-to-imsa

Didn't IMSA have a committee installed after Sebring as well? Might they be dismissed or going to operate in a different role cause otherwise Barfield's comment won't make a lot of sense.
I thought the whole committee thing was the excuse for it taking 3 hours after the Rolex 24 to get the right GTD winner.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3450640)   #8288
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I thought the whole committee thing was the excuse for it taking 3 hours after the Rolex 24 to get the right GTD winner.
Could be.

In the meantime I've found the answer I was looking for:

Quote:
Comprised of Elkins, IMSA CEO Ed Bennett, President and COO Scott Atherton, as well as Richard Buck*, Mark Raffauf, Gary Cummings, Steve Sewell, Jeff Smallwood, Charlie Cook and Race Director Paul Walter, not all members on the supervisory board are typically involved in the process, Elkins said.

Elkins said the supervisory board is similar to the stewards in the ALMS, which made independent rulings following a review of a particular incident.
* Richard Buck has left IMSA after Daytona.

from http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/e...es-procedures/ (January 29, 2014)

Also, after Sebring, more changes were made:

Quote:
*Addition of a third driver advisor to work alongside the IMSA Race Director and two driver advisors to assist with evaluating responsibility in incidents and other on-track situations.
from http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/im...on-procedures/ (April 2, 2014)

One can only imagine how crowded race control's room must be nowadays...

Last edited by Coach Ep; 5 Sep 2014 at 22:08.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 23:12 (Ref:3450651)   #8289
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Getting Barfield back into the fold was the smartest thing that IMSA's done as far as management in along time.

And Walter getting "promoted" to Director of Race Operations reminds me of guys at Hendrick Motorsports in NASCAR getting "promoted" to their R&D office...
Old 5 Sep 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3450655)   #8290
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
These are nothing but positives for TUDOR.....

Maybe NASCAR finally understands they are waaaaaay in over their heads.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 6 Sep 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3450659)   #8291
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I don't count with those changes yet 'cause IMSA/NASCAR has so much fixing to do in terms of balance, dealing with cautions, etc.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 01:50 (Ref:3450667)   #8292
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I don't count with those changes yet 'cause IMSA/NASCAR has so much fixing to do in terms of balance, dealing with cautions, etc.
Small victories.

If they can get the bulk of the race management under control, reduce the FCY's, re-institute local yellows etc...it's all going to make things better.

November testing will see further P2/DP balancing work. Hoping for big wins there.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 6 Sep 2014, 02:53 (Ref:3450675)   #8293
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And yet in the SC365 article today under Scott Elkins it referred to BoP as Adjusment oF Preformance! What a joke! Well at least they know nothing is anywhere near being balanced and call it what it is......lame
Old 6 Sep 2014, 04:02 (Ref:3450680)   #8294
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The price of a P2 car is going up it seems...

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10827...price-for-2015
Old 6 Sep 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3450686)   #8295
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no surprise there considering that the LMP2 class re-instated All-Pro drivers, but it seems that there's no speed increase to get away from GTE.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3450696)   #8296
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
There's no surprise there considering that the LMP2 class re-instated All-Pro drivers, but it seems that there's no speed increase to get away from GTE.
Presumably the speed increase would come with the new design guidelines for P2 from 2017 on. And a speed increase will likely be required as GTEs are probably going to get a bit faster to help them get away from GT3s.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3451166)   #8297
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
These are nothing but positives for TUDOR.....

NASCAR created the contrived competition balancing act long before the ACO event thought of it.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3451245)   #8298
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But it has been decades since NASCAR officiated over a series with unmanaged racing, which TUSC officials hopefully are elarning, they cannot sell to the existing fan base and with which they cannot attract any new fans.

Hiring Beaux Barfield back, and the other management changes, make me think the Rolex guys said, "Okay, our way isn't working, let's see what you can do."

Or maybe (hopefully) "Let's try to do this any way which actually works, because our way hasn't been."
Old 8 Sep 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3451296)   #8299
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

Hiring Beaux Barfield back, and the other management changes, make me think the Rolex guys said, "Okay, our way isn't working, let's see what you can do."
So you believe the main problem lately has been race control?
Old 8 Sep 2014, 18:25 (Ref:3451302)   #8300
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You need to start somewhere don't you.
Closed Thread