Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Sep 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2545155)   #826
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Are we clear?
The 'Mallett' hath spake,and lo unto those that do not take heed for they shall indeed be smited.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 15:34 (Ref:2545161)   #827
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Up yours rednose.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2545169)   #828
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2545191)   #829
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow. So Briatore can't even go to the Monaco GP as a spectator. LOL Banned from any FIA sanctioned event for life. He could go to a Nascar race and visit Montoya if he wanted to. LOL They really came hard on him. Piquet should have lost his Super License as well; not that he needs it anyways....
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2545197)   #830
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
Wow. So Briatore can't even go to the Monaco GP as a spectator.
Can they ban his 'boat' from the harbour?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2545205)   #831
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Force Blue - he's going to have to change the name of his yacht - which is really about the worst thing that is happening to him here
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2545206)   #832
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Teflonso" is excellent and hilarious;

may I add my twopenneth's worth: "Flabio"

sorree....
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2545211)   #833
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
- he's going to have to change the name of his yacht -
Probably to: 'Force Sail'......'For Sale'........Sale...Sail...Flav style broken English.....geddit.....Oh I give up!

What's the boat for Flav ?

Flav: eez for sail!
Old 21 Sep 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2545215)   #834
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
What's the boat for Flav ?

Flav: eez for sail!
Abbott and Costello level genius there
Old 21 Sep 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2545241)   #835
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
Wow. So Briatore can't even go to the Monaco GP as a spectator. LOL Banned from any FIA sanctioned event for life. He could go to a Nascar race and visit Montoya if he wanted to. LOL They really came hard on him. Piquet should have lost his Super License as well; not that he needs it anyways....

He can go to any areas outside of FIA jurisdiction, which is pretty much anywhere on an circuit during an FIA sactioned meeting, except probably the pits, but even they may be under the ultimate jurisdiction of the track owner. Not really a ban is it? More of a 'don't come here or we will, erm, be really, er, upset, and have to look at you in a, er, upset sort of way. Probably'
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2545247)   #836
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
If what he said is to be believed, I think that it becomes more easily explained why he did what he did. FB is obviously a right ******* to work with, and be managed by, who is in effect a workplace bully. People like him can pschycologically damage someone (Think shady business practices, think domestic abuse), getting them to do things they normally wouldn't. I think if I were in NPjr's place, I would be really much better now it's out in the open (even with my carreer in tatters), and FB has his just deserts.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 21 Sep 2009 at 17:49. Reason: Autocencor dodge.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2545262)   #837
alc
Rookie

alc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will hire Piquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Regarding Piquet, the "honest" teams won't want to hire him because of what he has been involved in, and the "tricky" teams won't want to hire him because of what he might say if it all goes sour...
And the teams who are looking for a capable reliable driver ??
Old 21 Sep 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2545318)   #838
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Flav. is no longer involved with Renault. Flav. can no longer manage any drivers.

Does this mean that Webber is not going to Renault next year?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2545324)   #839
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Flav. is no longer involved with Renault. Flav. can no longer manage any drivers.

Does this mean that Webber is not going to Renault next year?
I think it means Webber is no longer the best driver the internet has ever seen.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2545347)   #840
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what happens to Alonso?
Flav was his manager no?
Old 21 Sep 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2545370)   #841
BazBarrow
Rookie

BazBarrow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The exact individual punishments

As regards Mr. Briatore, the World Motor Sport Council declares that, for an unlimited period, the FIA does not intend to sanction any International Event, Championship, Cup, Trophy, Challenge or Series involving Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever, or grant any license to any Team or other entity engaging Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever. It also hereby instructs all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr. Briatore access to any areas under the FIA’s jurisdiction. Furthermore, it does not intend to renew any Superlicence granted to any driver who is associated (through a management contract or otherwise) with Mr. Briatore, or any entity or individual associated with Mr. Briatore. In determining that such instructions should be applicable for an unlimited period, the World Motor Sport Council has had regard not only to the severity of the breach in which Mr. Briatore was complicit but also to his actions in continuing to deny his participation in the breach despite all the evidence.

As regards Mr. Symonds, the World Motor Sport Council declares that, for a period of five years, the FIA does not intend to sanction any International Event, Championship, Cup, Trophy, Challenge or Series involving Mr. Symonds in any capacity whatsoever, or grant any license to any Team or other entity engaging Mr. Symonds in any capacity whatsoever. It hereby instructs, for a period of five years, all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr. Symonds access to any areas under the FIA’s jurisdiction. In determining that such instructions should be effective for a period of five years the World Motor Sport Council has had regard: (i) to Mr. Symonds’ acceptance that he took part in the conspiracy; and (ii) to his communication to the meeting of the World Motor Sport Council that it was to his “eternal regret and shame” that he participated in the conspiracy.

As regards Mr. Piquet Jr., the World Motor Sport Council confirms the immunity from individual sanctions under the International Sporting Code in relation to this incident, which the FIA had granted to him in exchange for volunteering his evidence.

As regards Fernando Alonso, the World Motor Sport Council thanks him for cooperating with the FIA’s enquiries and for attending the meeting, and concludes that Mr. Alonso was not in any way involved in Renault F1’s breach of the regulations.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2545377)   #842
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
So what happens to Alonso?
Flav was his manager no?
No I think that all ended when he left Renault for Mclaren
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2545399)   #843
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso, Webber, Kovalainen & Grosjean were managed by Flav. Might set some 2010 negotations back whilst these guys find new managers.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2545411)   #844
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I'm most disappointed about Symonds' ban. He's a great engineer, a good bloke and a link to the old days. Whether he'll be interested in re-joining the circus in 2014 I don't know, but if he wants to I bet there'll be a long queue of team owners looking to snatch his hand off, regardless of his actions at Singapore.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2545438)   #845
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Alonso, Webber, Kovalainen & Grosjean were managed by Flav. Might set some 2010 negotations back whilst these guys find new managers.
Mark should be OK because he has a deal, plus his missus Ann has been his manager in the past so no worries. Alonso is Alonso, and I'm not convinced Flav is still his manager anyway. But it could be awkward for Heikki, who doesn't have a ride next year and now no manager. Plus Grosjean is at Renault, so you have to wonder what future he has there with Flavio gone
Old 21 Sep 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2545448)   #846
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Plus Grosjean is at Renault, so you have to wonder what future he has there with Flavio gone
I suspect now Flavio is out the way, Renault, should they stay on will highly likely like to keep the 'French' driver - something that was missing since they got fully involved again at the start of the decade.

Plus it wouls help them justify the RDD scheme even if it was run by Briatore. After all the youngsters were decked out in corporate Renault colours. A late bit of positive PR for them?

Maybe Charles Pic will come through as the 3rd driver dovetailing with a GP2 programme.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2545463)   #847
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't it say something for the way Renault F1 was allowed to run when both drivers were Flavs own? Not sure if Renault cared who was the 2nd driver as long as they had Alonso.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2545469)   #848
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It really doesn't matter want anyone in this thread, or indeed the motorsport world, think, F1 now has zero credibility.

Although I've drifted away from F1 in recent years, I still enjoy sport, it saddens me F1 is now not considered a serious, credible sport.

The fact is only Ari Vatenan can drag this sport back from the brink, but we all know Jean Todt will win the FIA Presidency.

I really see no future for F1 as a credible sport, it's going to be the next WWE.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2545470)   #849
bov
Rookie

England
Burnley, Lancashire
bov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault get off lightly

Its seems unfair that Mclaren get a huge fine for having a few photcopies of someone elses car and Renault put lives at risk and get a susspended sentence of expulsion from the championship, i bet they cant believe thier luck!
Old 21 Sep 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2545475)   #850
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bov View Post
Its seems unfair that Mclaren get a huge fine for having a few photcopies of someone elses car and Renault put lives at risk and get a susspended sentence of expulsion from the championship, i bet they cant believe thier luck!
I bet you a hypothetical large amount of money that had Ron Dennis left McLaren prior to the spygate verdict, the punishment would've been similarly soft.