Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2015, 14:26 (Ref:3586664)   #826
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bad news from mexico suggesting that graeme lowdon and john booth will be leaving manor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...l-to-quit.html

if the story is true, it doesn't reflect very well on the new owners and backers at all.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3586676)   #827
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
We don't know the full story yet. I'm not sure that article is enough for any conclusions to be drawn over the owner.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3586677)   #828
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
bad news from mexico suggesting that graeme lowdon and john booth will be leaving manor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...l-to-quit.html

if the story is true, it doesn't reflect very well on the new owners and backers at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
We don't know the full story yet. I'm not sure that article is enough for any conclusions to be drawn over the owner.
Whilst that article may not give a lot of detail I'm inclined to agree with bella - losing the racers from the management hierarchy is a bad move. The team did look to be heading in the right direction but if true this is a huge backwards step.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3586679)   #829
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The owner doesn't seem to be in the game and it's hard to know what he wants with the team. Fitzpatrick, the owner, doesn't seem to use the team to promote his company. It seems more like a vanity project. Sad to see Booth going.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3586695)   #830
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
John Booth and Graeme Lowdon have resigned following a difference of opinion with new owner Stephen Fitzpatrick...
Old 30 Oct 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3586701)   #831
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
My brain overloads with thoughts over this...Renault buy out is first thought..especially with the Merc engine deal in place
Old 30 Oct 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3586734)   #832
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There goes the feel good factor in Manor's revival.

I know we shouldn't draw conclusions, but when that amount of experience and integrity and passion walks out of the door, the genius of the owner doesn't spring immediately to mind does it?
Old 30 Oct 2015, 21:07 (Ref:3586754)   #833
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
grandprix.com

"It is clear that Renault wants to return to being its own team," said correspondent Michael Schmidt.

The now Renault-linked Bell's move to Manor, then, was completely unexpected.

But also noteworthy is that, joining Bell in switching to the former Marussia team is engineer Gianluca Pisanello, formerly of Caterham and Toyota.

Schmidt said both Bell and Pisanello have in recent weeks been linked with the proposed new Renault works team being championed by Cyril Abiteboul and brand ambassador Alain Prost.

He wondered: "Will Manor be Renault's new factory team?"
Old 30 Oct 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3586756)   #834
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But Mr Booth is Manor itself, AFAIK. I think with its new owner, the team must change its name.
Old 30 Oct 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3586776)   #835
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have a bad feeling. Who is this owner anyway?
Old 30 Oct 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3586778)   #836
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Abdulla Boulsien and Stephen Fitzpatrick. Yes. Who?
Old 30 Oct 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3586789)   #837
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Abdulla Boulsien and Stephen Fitzpatrick. Yes. Who?
Fitzpatrick founded Ovo Energy - hopefully he has Manor working better than his energy company does.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3586847)   #838
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting article on Motorsport dot com (sorry not linking to it - getting more and more frustrated with the amount of junk that loads up with each page on that site, which slows down the loading process) which seems to highlight the issues at Manor. Fitzpatrick seems to fail understand how F1 works, and this has been making life difficult for Lowden and Booth. It is suggested that he was attempting to have the team change to Renault power mid-way through this season, without having any comprehension about the amount of work that would be required to be undergone, and all between races.

It would also seem that Fitzpatrick and his partners had only rescued the team to try to make a quick buck by being able to sell it on quickly for a huge return on investment. It is believed that they paid just £500,000 for the defunct team, and have invested minimally in it since. And during the course of this year they have negotiated with two different potential buyers, seemingly looking at a price around the £50 million mark. Both buyers were, apparently, not happy with the reception given to them by Fitzpatrick.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3586860)   #839
dan_ferguson
Rookie

dan_ferguson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're trying to make a quick buck, F1 doesn't seem like the best environment to do it.

Merc power must make it attractive to buyers though - I wonder if they've had any phone calls from Austria or Milton Keynes?
Old 31 Oct 2015, 17:04 (Ref:3586899)   #840
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ferguson View Post
If you're trying to make a quick buck, F1 doesn't seem like the best environment to do it.

Merc power must make it attractive to buyers though - I wonder if they've had any phone calls from Austria or Milton Keynes?
It's the £100 million from FOM that makes it attractive; £50 million for 2016 and another £50 million for 2017. And if they finish tenth this year, which they surely must as there are only 10 teams, there should be another £50 million in 2018.

If Fitzpatrick can sell it for £50 million, then thats a good return on his purported investment of £20 million.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3586913)   #841
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
grandprix.com

"It is clear that Renault wants to return to being its own team," said correspondent Michael Schmidt.

The now Renault-linked Bell's move to Manor, then, was completely unexpected.

But also noteworthy is that, joining Bell in switching to the former Marussia team is engineer Gianluca Pisanello, formerly of Caterham and Toyota.

Schmidt said both Bell and Pisanello have in recent weeks been linked with the proposed new Renault works team being championed by Cyril Abiteboul and brand ambassador Alain Prost.

He wondered: "Will Manor be Renault's new factory team?"
Barely has the ink dried (metaphorically) on this post than it is announced that Bob Bell announces that he is leaving Manor. It would seem as though the team will be rudderless very shortly!
Old 31 Oct 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3586948)   #842
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Yes. Heard that Mike. Give you that one! Hope it doesnt all fall off the cliff over the Winter
Old 31 Oct 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3586961)   #843
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Is clear the owners have done zero about building a 2016 car, expecting to sell long before
Old 31 Oct 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3586986)   #844
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Actually, I do believe you may be correct.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3588329)   #845
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am I allowed to change the subject and discuss the potential of Mannussen getting the second Manor seat, yes it appears Manor are going through some leadership turmoil, but the fact remains they have an engine deal for next year that is the envy of the pit-lane, and this is Manors best opportunity to score a sack load of points in 2016 which could propel them for many years to come, the missing ingredient is a capable driver.......Magnussen is the bloke for the job surely, Stevens + Magnussen, sounds like good potential in 2016.........Stevens + Mehri, what a waste of 2016

Or is this DTM Mercedes champion Wehrlein already got first dibbs?.....any news there?.....sounds like the next Paul DiResta to be honest......I'd still go for Magnussen, he is a well known quantity to Mercedes who must have influence in the decision, but unfortunately he is not German, which may be the deciding factor, sadly

Will be a bit of a problem if the 2016 car really is not yet designed, oh dear...
Old 5 Nov 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3588346)   #846
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
+1 for magnussen taking that other seat, though you can imagine it might not appeal to him in any way shape or form versus a serious wec drive, for example.

i think stevens is a bit uninspiring, but can see why he's a commercially sound choice and there's far worse drivers out there. merhi's really good, but without knowing exactly why f1 isn't suiting him it's hard to back him.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 14:15 (Ref:3588356)   #847
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Anyone heard about a possible tie up with Manor and Prodrive or is that just Banbury gossip?!
Old 5 Nov 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3588363)   #848
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Anyone heard about a possible tie up with Manor and Prodrive or is that just Banbury gossip?!
For me as soon as Prodrive is mentioned, that immediately pings up an Aston-Martin works effort, perhaps which would complete the loop of a Mercedes engine, plus explain a mass exodus of team leadership as David Richards will want to be the fat-controller in front of the cameras......sounds quite credible to me, especially when Manor lost their main base to HAAS......for me Force-India-Aston-Martin just does not sound right, it must be British to the core if Aston Martin are involved.......but perhaps neither Prodrive or AM is involved and its all gossip....
Old 5 Nov 2015, 15:27 (Ref:3588366)   #849
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Am I allowed to change the subject and discuss the potential of Mannussen getting the second Manor seat, yes it appears Manor are going through some leadership turmoil, but the fact remains they have an engine deal for next year that is the envy of the pit-lane, and this is Manors best opportunity to score a sack load of points in 2016 which could propel them for many years to come, the missing ingredient is a capable driver
To be pedantic, the missing ingredient is a decent chassis / car. Whilst I love an underdog, this team have not yet produced the goods. With lots of their senior staff leaving it remains to be seen whether they can do the business aero / chassis-wise to get off the back row even with the best engine package.

Unless the Mercedes deal involves a Mercedes protégé getting a seat (and Toto Wolff said this is not the case), then I suspect that the highest bidders will get the drives. Alex Rossi has done enough performance-wise in my mind to justify one of the seats.

Of course Magnussen is a very good driver. But I think he will need to bring money or sponsorship for this seat.
Old 5 Nov 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3588368)   #850
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
To be pedantic, the missing ingredient is a decent chassis / car. Whilst I love an underdog, this team have not yet produced the goods. With lots of their senior staff leaving it remains to be seen whether they can do the business aero / chassis-wise to get off the back row even with the best engine package.

Unless the Mercedes deal involves a Mercedes protégé getting a seat (and Toto Wolff said this is not the case), then I suspect that the highest bidders will get the drives. Alex Rossi has done enough performance-wise in my mind to justify one of the seats.

Of course Magnussen is a very good driver. But I think he will need to bring money or sponsorship for this seat.
There were rumours that Saxo Bank might be backing KM aside from his usual backers, so he might be able to get the drive. I read that Manor want £10M per seat and Mercedes were at around £3M to £4M in their offer.