Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Nov 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2981202)   #851
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
BoP can conquer all.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2981208)   #852
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
BoP can conquer all.
BoP cant change the gearbox in the 430 Challenge, or make up the 100hp+ deficit the Lotus has.
Old 3 Nov 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2981218)   #853
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I dont see how it is going to work, the 430 Challenge and 997 Cup are both very different cars built to totally different regulations.
They race them pretty succesfully and balanced in Italian GT... wins are pretty evenly split between those two and the Gallardos built to a similar spec.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2981568)   #854
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
By the way, I was surprised to see a Lotus on the list instead of that Lambo Supertrofeo car.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2981723)   #855
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
By the way, I was surprised to see a Lotus on the list instead of that Lambo Supertrofeo car.
Not sure on laptimes but having seen some observations from someone who raced the SuperTrofeo they said it was faster then they thought it would be so possibly too fast even with the magic of BoP?
Old 6 Nov 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2982404)   #856
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Hmm whats Jan Lammers doing these days? - Wasn't he up to something last year? (ei. plans)
This season he did Dutch GT4 and will drive a truck in the coming Dakar rally.

source: www.racexpress.nl
Old 7 Nov 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2982966)   #857
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Interesting line in JWA´s ad on Dailysportscar for available seats in their Porsche for the Vallelunga 6 hours race:

Suitably qualified and funded drivers should contact James Watt for this opportunity to promote themselves to a team with an ambitious global campaign in 2012.

What could that be: WEC, World GT or a mix of major international events (Dubai, N´ring, Spa, etc.)?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2983422)   #858
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Taki Inoue tweets, "I have fallen in love with this coupe (Dome S102)".
He may aim at participation to Le Mans by Dome S102!
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...85643394113536
Old 9 Nov 2011, 08:09 (Ref:2983438)   #859
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tracy said even if he gets a full-time deal, it will still be his final year in Indy cars.
Quote:
"I still want to do some endurance racing - Le Mans, Sebring - but I'll be finished with the Indy cars
Old 9 Nov 2011, 08:13 (Ref:2983440)   #860
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Tracy said even if he gets a full-time deal, it will still be his final year in Indy cars.
The guy has an over-inflated self value. I doubt anybody will pay him what he wants at this point to drive for them in Sportscars.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2983450)   #861
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The guy has an over-inflated self value. I doubt anybody will pay him what he wants at this point to drive for them in Sportscars.
If Tracy comes to drive sportscars, so I do not think it will happen in the top team.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2983459)   #862
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Taki Inoue tweets, "I have fallen in love with this coupe (Dome S102)".
He may aim at participation to Le Mans by Dome S102!
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...85643394113536
Does he have any team to support him?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2983468)   #863
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Does he have any team to support him?
I don't know. He is a man of management.
But Minoru Hayashi (president of Dome) retweets to Taki's tweet,
"We are going to dress her (=S102) with the newest fashion. I wish if she can travel Europe."
http://twitter.com/#!/dome_hayashi/s...32413583085568
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2983470)   #864
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't know. He is a man of management.
But Minoru Hayashi (president of Dome) retweets to Taki's tweet,
"We are going to dress her (=S102) with the newest fashion. I wish if she can travel Europe."
http://twitter.com/#!/dome_hayashi/s...32413583085568
I really really hope someone would take it to Le Mans!

Rebellion?
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2983486)   #865
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I really really hope someone would take it to Le Mans!

Rebellion?
I'm guessing not with their commitment (time and money) to their Lolas. Also, doesn't the customer TMG engine package have an exclusivity deal with Lola?

I'm guessing Inoue would be Dome's best shot. He has lots of money, right? I'm sure he could put a team together or at least buy his way into one if that is necessary. Of course, I'm thinking that a team would have to run full-time in one of the Le Mans series to even have a hope of getting a Le Mans entry in 2012. Maybe they could just promise to run the Asian WEC rounds and that would be enough. Who knows what the situation is at this point.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2983494)   #866
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Taki retweets to Hayashi's tweet,
"Is it the "newest" fashion? I would like to take her to Europe!"
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...99010650099712
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2983497)   #867
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Taki retweets to Hayashi's tweet,
"Is it the "newest" fashion? I would like to take her to Europe!"
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...99010650099712
Either this is the newest way of pr announsments othervise we could be seeing a team in the making . This is pretty cool, thanks Japanese Samurai! Keep us updated
Old 9 Nov 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2983523)   #868
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Oh hell yeah Thought I might never see him drive a race car again!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2983539)   #869
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I thought I might never see that Dome again!
Bring it, Taki!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2983669)   #870
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mmmmmm this is interesting......I suppose an S102 with a fin/cut outs and a 3.4 in the back of it is perfectly legal for 2012??

Probably pretty handy too with the right driver / engine / tyre setup.....
Old 9 Nov 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2983684)   #871
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sounds like they're being coy but possibly serious at the same time. What engine? Another Toyota?
Old 10 Nov 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2984089)   #872
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Maybe they are peeved that they didn't get the Toyota deal and are out for revenge
Old 11 Nov 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2984187)   #873
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure if it means anything, but Nick Heidfeld talks about Le Mans.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 02:31 (Ref:2984203)   #874
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Sounds like they're being coy but possibly serious at the same time. What engine? Another Toyota?
Doesn't Nissan also have a 3.4 litre engine?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 03:19 (Ref:2984216)   #875
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/French...type_5603.html
Some interesting news, some French drivers have tested a South African LMP2 prototype called the "Lemansza". It's being developed by these guys called Peter and Greg Bailey.