Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Aug 2024, 16:22 (Ref:4223430)   #876
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
She doesn't have a bench either but

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...dinera-pickup/

My father could have done with a 4 seater version of that one year when we, my parents plus my older sister and I, when on a holiday in a seaside town in Italy called Cattolica, just south of San Marino. We travelled by train to Milan, and we picked up a hired Fiat 600 which could barely manage the 4 of us.

My father had arranged for a roof rack for all of our luggage, and when that was piled on the top, the centre of gravity was such that the little car, even with us in it, would almost topple over every time we went around even a gentle bend.

It was a trip to remember because before we even got off the train, my father got himself "arrested" because he tried to put one of the suitcases through a closed window in the carriage. It actually wasn't really his fault; he had slid down the window, but another passenger, when my father's back was turned after he had already handed down one case to the porter, had decided to close the window. My father was "de-arrested" when he had paid compensation and a fine to the police.
Old 22 Aug 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4223431)   #877
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
A blue 600 with suicide doors like this one: https://www.flickr.com/photos/xavnco2/18146230972 Your Dad should have opted for a Multipla ! https://www.fcaheritage.com/fr-fr/he...t-600-multipla
I remember they were the Roma cabs favorite car.
Old 22 Aug 2024, 17:40 (Ref:4223436)   #878
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerry, I'm pretty certain that we went on the trip prior to the Multipla being around. In around 1950 we drove to the same hotel from London in the family's Daimler stretch limo - I think with 9 of us - and it would have been a year or two later with the Fiat from Milan.

One of my vivid memories of the Daimler trip was of me desperately needing to have a pee as we travelled through the Simplon Tunnel on the car transporter, and my father having to hold me in the doorway as we trundled through. He made the fateful decision to place himself downwind of me, and paid the price for it.

Our relationship never truly recovered from that incident!
Old 22 Aug 2024, 18:01 (Ref:4223437)   #879
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Our relationship never truly recovered from that incident!
If I add this to the train window closed and your dad almost jailed in Italy but avoiding any further issue after a racket from the Policia, may be your family name is… Keaton! A true buster family.

This reminds me an old proverb taught by a Danish moons ago: you can always walk against the stream but never make pee against the wind. Does this make sense?

Last edited by Gerard C; 22 Aug 2024 at 18:10.
Old 23 Aug 2024, 01:14 (Ref:4223473)   #880
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No bench seat was my immediate thought too.

At least at the moment it is a bargain.
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m737...xnF0RATmlbEpPg
Old 23 Aug 2024, 02:47 (Ref:4223482)   #881
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There really is no excuse now!
Old 23 Aug 2024, 22:19 (Ref:4223566)   #882
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
$11,800. Long way away though.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 02:34 (Ref:4223574)   #883
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
$11,800. Long way away though.
That's a reasonable price for BaT though
Old 24 Aug 2024, 03:37 (Ref:4223582)   #884
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Buying from BaT is a cool thing to do, but it comes with a premium.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 13:02 (Ref:4223626)   #885
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A fella found one with TWO bench seats in her

https://youtu.be/ZuMhDOouQz0?si=JSMpDknNeYxbWiD6

Might need a bit of work but looks fairly factree
Old 25 Aug 2024, 04:49 (Ref:4223703)   #886
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
A fella found one with TWO bench seats in her

https://youtu.be/ZuMhDOouQz0?si=JSMpDknNeYxbWiD6

Might need a bit of work but looks fairly factree
That was a particularly good video. If you like American garbage it is well worth a watch.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 00:40 (Ref:4225146)   #887
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
5 month, 12,370 mile check in. Everything is fine. I drove a bit this week. I was movin' so the fuel mileage suffered quite a bit and I was hauling about 6-800lbs on the way back. 2100 rpm at 80mph is tough but it gets to that speed swiftly.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 01:55 (Ref:4225160)   #888
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I’m totally here for these updates.

Your digital dash is stupid. Love it.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 01:58 (Ref:4225161)   #889
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Currently wussing out ALERT!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3911.jpeg  
Old 2 Sep 2024, 02:00 (Ref:4225163)   #890
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
US $11,588.00 in the end. Which seems a good price.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 02:22 (Ref:4225168)   #891
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:

Your digital dash is stupid. Love it.
Thanks! It was one of my non-negotiables when shopping. If you go any higher in the range, you had to get a full LED screen gauge cluster. Mine has physical gauges with that really cool LED display in the middle. As switchgear is now more expensive than screens, it is now the luxury option, IMO. It will probably be the last new vehicle I own with a real tach and speedo.

Quote:
Somehow that seems really fair. The windshield visor is really cool! Unfortunately for guys our age, Cash For Clunkers took out a huge chunk of Aero and Bricknose Fords. We're paying the price now. They look so good though and are tougher than ****!
Old 2 Sep 2024, 02:46 (Ref:4225170)   #892
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
God damnit. We all lose. We're all losers.

#Tech2024ACChampions
Old 2 Sep 2024, 02:50 (Ref:4225171)   #893
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Thanks! It was one of my non-negotiables when shopping. If you go any higher in the range, you had to get a full LED screen gauge cluster. Mine has physical gauges with that really cool LED display in the middle. As switchgear is now more expensive than screens, it is now the luxury option, IMO. It will probably be the last new vehicle I own with a real tach and speedo.
It’s weird. All screens and touch now. No actual dials and buttons.

In my car I have the choice of dials and how they are arranged. None of which are perfect. So I mess around and get annoyed. Give me no choice and OK and I’d be happier!
Quote:
Somehow that seems really fair. The windshield visor is really cool! Unfortunately for guys our age, Cash For Clunkers took out a huge chunk of Aero and Bricknose Fords. We're paying the price now. They look so good though and are tougher than ****!
I’m worried that was my best option. Still if I get one then I no longer look.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 03:06 (Ref:4225172)   #894
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
God damnit. We all lose. We're all losers.

#Tech2024ACChampions
That is WILDLY the wrong thread.

Quote:

In my car I have the choice of dials and how they are arranged. None of which are perfect. So I mess around and get annoyed. Give me no choice and OK and I’d be happier!
I have a button or switch for everything except for the heated/ventilated seats, which is easy enough, but infurating for something that NEEDS a physical button. I don't have an oil temp gauge either but it's a Hemi so it's HOT. Change your oil, folks.

Naw, there are lots of them out there, just not as many as there should be. I've seen 'em. I've owned one. Keep looking, you'll find it. Those wheels, though.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 06:35 (Ref:4225182)   #895
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Worth it for the sun visor. Difficult to see if it had a bench seat, but sun visor and bench seat .... thats 'trouser trouble' (hands in pocket ) stuff
Old 2 Sep 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4225240)   #896
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I love the center screen options. Scroll through the info in my city Escape and basically you know fuel info and tire pressures. Oh you want more than that, screw you is apparently Ford's motto. Wife's VW is slightly better but it's all individual tiles

Not sure about the Hemi but the useless gauge on my EcoDiesel was the oil pressure. The actual reading port was blocked off, yeah they made a fitting but instead used the computer to determine pressure based on temp and revs. No oil, that's fine it still says there is oil pressure so you're good, send it
Old 2 Sep 2024, 19:07 (Ref:4225285)   #897
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Oh you want more than that, screw you is apparently Ford's motto.
You'll be nailed if you test any EU Ford. Radio, satnav, speach recognition and more annoying the ECU's are made by people who don't have a clue of what can and should be done with a computer. Do they only drive their own cars or have they a driving licence?
Old 2 Sep 2024, 21:25 (Ref:4225290)   #898
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Still if I get one then I no longer look.
That is absolutely not true for trucks or anything else. I mean, I have a wife but.....
Old 3 Sep 2024, 01:21 (Ref:4225299)   #899
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is absolutely not true for trucks or anything else. I mean, I have a wife but.....
But are they wife material?
Old 11 Sep 2024, 15:31 (Ref:4226143)   #900
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
My whip for the week, possibly longer. I chose the nardo gray one with raised white letter IRONMAN tires. It does have a Florida tag. Gross!