Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2977809)   #876
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Fortunately I don't have that problem as I live here but it is a shame the BBC have gone with this decision and this has a lot to do with the BBC cutting back because they overspent.
Thats the main excuse, yes. Its abit difficult to believe anyone in all of this when the BBC are saying on record that Bernie forced the deal, and Bernie reckon's he had nothing to do with any of the negotiations. I know Bernie is a lying little bar steward, but someone needs to deliver a genuine answer instead of fobbing fans off and giving them no alternatives other than to pay £48 per race.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2977839)   #877
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is quite possible that all the contradictory on record reporting has been incorrectly reported.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2977848)   #878
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Thats the main excuse, yes. Its abit difficult to believe anyone in all of this when the BBC are saying on record that Bernie forced the deal, and Bernie reckon's he had nothing to do with any of the negotiations. I know Bernie is a lying little bar steward, but someone needs to deliver a genuine answer instead of fobbing fans off and giving them no alternatives other than to pay £48 per race.
It's no excuse, they overspent. However it's far more expedient for the BBC to say Bernie forced them. As for Bernie, he may not actually have been there for the negotiations but that doesn't mean his team didn't go in with his remit.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2977854)   #879
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It is quite possible that all the contradictory on record reporting has been incorrectly reported.
Which contradicts all of the incorrectly reported contradictory on record reporting.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 19:02 (Ref:2977860)   #880
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The final outcome is that the beeb saved some cash. Which is to its advantage. How it came about is secondary. You may as well question why the Guardian would want to write that report. Let's make that the most important part of the story.

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Oct 2011 at 19:28.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2977861)   #881
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Some say that Sky will use the guys on Speed TV (owned by News Corp) to cover the races on Sky.
jimny crickets!! david hobbs and that fat ex benetton mechanic?

hobbs is ancient, boring, not funny and seems to watch the race on a 5 second delay and matchett just likes to remind you of how much time he worked for benetton. They're awful, truly awful.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2977865)   #882
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
W.

The final outcome is that the beeb saved some cash. Which is to its advantage. How it came about is secondary. You may as well question why the Guardian would want to write that report. Let's make that the most important part of the story.
But if the BBC hadn't overspent, they wouldn't have needed to cut back in the first place.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2977895)   #883
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Of course.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2977899)   #884
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltb View Post
hobbs is ancient, boring, not funny and seems to watch the race on a 5 second delay...

Hobbs is old and crotchety but can be funny. there was a period of time when if there was even a hint of an on track incident his default position was to blame it on Villeneuve...good times!

imo Bob Varsha is very good though.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2977980)   #885
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltb View Post
jimny crickets!! david hobbs and that fat ex benetton mechanic?

hobbs is ancient, boring, not funny and seems to watch the race on a 5 second delay and matchett just likes to remind you of how much time he worked for benetton. They're awful, truly awful.
The internet can be a very mean place...
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2978504)   #886
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have Sky, ironically got it for Bernievision back in '03 ?, and so where I watch the races or highlights depends solely on where EJ isn't. He's an embarrassment I will be able to avoid.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2978507)   #887
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I have Sky, ironically got it for Bernievision back in '03 ?, and so where I watch the races or highlights depends solely on where EJ isn't. He's an embarrassment I will be able to avoid.
EJ is brillant in India.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2978513)   #888
henners88
Veteran

Wales
EJ used to drive me nuts but he's a valuable edition to the BBC team IMO. Sure he makes some stupid comments but he also asks awkward questions to team principles where other presenter wouldn't venture. Whenever teams have favoured drivers quite blatantly, EJ is there pushing the point much to the embarrassment to those around him and its great viewing. I hope he's there in 2012.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2978526)   #889
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
EJ used to drive me nuts but he's a valuable edition to the BBC team IMO. Sure he makes some stupid comments but he also asks awkward questions to team principles where other presenter wouldn't venture. Whenever teams have favoured drivers quite blatantly, EJ is there pushing the point much to the embarrassment to those around him and its great viewing. I hope he's there in 2012.
The man is value,
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2978532)   #890
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
EJ is brillant in India.
Well I hope he stays at the BBC. Then at least I can enjoy all 20 races EJ free.
Old 29 Oct 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2978533)   #891
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Well I hope he stays at the BBC. Then at least I can enjoy all 20 races EJ free.
You'd have to be mad to watch all 20 on Sky, 10 I can almost understand but I couldn't sit through all 20!
Old 29 Oct 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2978555)   #892
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
You'd have to be mad to watch all 20 on Sky, 10 I can almost understand but I couldn't sit through all 20!
But again, how do you actually know that yet? You are basing that purely on assumption, not actual fact!
Old 29 Oct 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2978563)   #893
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
But again, how do you actually know that yet? You are basing that purely on assumption, not actual fact!
Are you asking me if I can see into the future?
Old 29 Oct 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2978570)   #894
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Are you asking me if I can see into the future?
No, because i already know the answer to that

But it's like me saying that sleeping with Eve Lawrence would be the best sex i could ever have, but until i tried it, how could i actually know for certain
Old 29 Oct 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2978740)   #895
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
You have no soul.
Old 30 Oct 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2978747)   #896
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I have Sky, ironically got it for Bernievision back in '03 ?
I did too. They were offering something better and more than was on offer free. It was worth it.

That is a little different to now. ITV had F1 then and it was blessed relief. The F1digital+ coverage they offered was top draw. Now we have BBC, but not live all the time.
Still, rather than set up a tent, but return to my warm home very night, I'm going to roll with it. Let's see...
Old 31 Oct 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2979447)   #897
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
No, because i already know the answer to that

But it's like me saying that sleeping with Eve Lawrence would be the best sex i could ever have, but until i tried it, how could i actually know for certain
I have no idea who Eve Lawrence is, but I'll take you word for that. If I get to watch Sky for free on a stream whilst you guys pay £40p/m I'll reconsider my opinions on it.
Old 31 Oct 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2979529)   #898
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
At the moment I'm in the first camp, although I'm thinking that when I can watch a race live on the BBC, that's what I shall do, so that's a 50/50 split.

Otherwise I don't think there's much to say until we know definitely who's doing what and for whom.
Old 31 Oct 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2979600)   #899
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I have no idea who Eve Lawrence is, but I'll take you word for that. If I get to watch Sky for free on a stream whilst you guys pay £40p/m I'll reconsider my opinions on it.
I belive she's a porn star, otherwise a live stream sounds like an interim solution.
Old 31 Oct 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2979607)   #900
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
I belive she's a porn star, otherwise a live stream sounds like an interim solution.
I learnt that to my peril this morning when I googled her name whilst at work and had a page load of adult links come up. I had to phone the IT department to clear things up, so thanks for that Mr V. Another reason to keep my presence here rather brief.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky