Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3405982)   #876
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
And that's with approximately 55p tax on a pint with the UK being the highest in the EU, so they are ripping you off over there Iain.
Incidentally the Ukraine is the lowest at 4p !!!!!

Somewhere today I read that a pint as the World Cup (whatever that is) is going to be £21.

That could be interesting when 'the lads' going as supporters run out of spending money my lunchtime on day 1.
Old 13 May 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3405985)   #877
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 42502
Well here is the photo of my new PA. Anna,she travelled with me to Monaco,not just stunning but smart and absolultly charming.All the young mechanics i know working at the track kept asking me if she was single. Fraid not.
Im also hoping she will help me wiff my spelling.
Are you testing at Mallory tomorrow Iain? Bringing your new organiser? I might be persuaded to hobble to the car and drive over ...
Old 14 May 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3406226)   #878
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Are you testing at Mallory tomorrow Iain? Bringing your new organiser? I might be persuaded to hobble to the car and drive over ...
Sorry GP just seen this, We had a car there today all ran well. Im testing at Silverstone Friday.
I might be allowed a run in Gilbert.
Old 14 May 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3406282)   #879
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Im testing at Silverstone Friday.
I might be allowed a run in Gilbert.
That's the main reason Gilbert is making the trip!

Old 14 May 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3406286)   #880
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Getting back to a sensible thread although I obviously drink Larkins whenever I like, when I down in the sun I like a nice cool San Miguel but not the bottled stuff !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 May 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3406333)   #881
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Peroni for me Gordon
Old 14 May 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3406355)   #882
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Peroni for me Gordon
That's a bit of luck, there are a few in the truck......

Old 14 May 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3406362)   #883
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry GP just seen this, We had a car there today all ran well.
Probably just as well I didn't drive down. The knee is nowhere near 100% but seems to have made a little progress today with rest and ice packs. Hoping another day or two will fix it.
Old 15 May 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3406520)   #884
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bugger! Just phoned Mallory Park to book the 4th June (the only date I can make) to be told it's booked for a week's event (car launch or something). Can't do the end of the week because Ken's off to Dijon.

So, no racing for me this year then.
Old 15 May 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3406533)   #885
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be other circuits available for testing.
Old 15 May 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3406583)   #886
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Mallory is not a good test circuit anyhow IMHO as set up for there don't necessarily work elsewhere.
Old 15 May 2014, 11:21 (Ref:3406588)   #887
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Bugger! Just phoned Mallory Park to book the 4th June (the only date I can make) to be told it's booked for a week's event (car launch or something). Can't do the end of the week because Ken's off to Dijon.

Donington on June 5th is not showing as "Fully Booked" yet. Is that too late in the week to get a morning in?
Old 15 May 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3406604)   #888
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I'd forgotten about Donington. Thanks Grant.
Old 15 May 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3406606)   #889
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
I confess I'd forgotten about Donington. Thanks Grant.
My pleasure.

If you book I would join you for some photo opportunities .... but currently I am scheduled to be in London on 5th doing something completely different..
Old 15 May 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3406611)   #890
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:

Sorry to hear that Peter, sounds like Mallory owners are looking for quick funds injection rather than long term. Not clever IMO but I'm not looking at it from same perspective as they are.
Old 15 May 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3406625)   #891
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Stop being a girly Peter. Give her a blast round M25,
Old 15 May 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3406628)   #892
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sorry to hear that Peter, sounds like Mallory owners are looking for quick funds injection rather than long term. Not clever IMO but I'm not looking at it from same perspective as they are.
Not sure about that Mike, though of course funds are always desireable.

I think most circuits have times when other events keep cash flowing especially in the spring and summer months. There are also the planning agreements in terms of number of operational days with noise to take into account.

Donington too, for example, seems to have fewer full test days scheduled in the middle of the year.

Of course once the Formula E developments extend to the wider racing arena the question of noisy days vs the local populace will, presumably, become a thing of the past ....

Likewise the Google self driving car technology looks like it could be adapted for racing purposes, something that could be great for safety records.

All it would require then would be a decent tablet app or two and the driver could stay at home and run the race remotely.
Old 15 May 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3406726)   #893
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well thanks to Grant, I phoned Donington and got Katie's answerphone, three times.

However even though it was an international call she phoned me back and I'm booked for the day! Really looking forward to it because it is a great circuit and it's a noisy day so open pipes!
Old 15 May 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3406782)   #894
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone watching Brian "AC/DC" Johnson's programme "Cars that Rock" on Quest? Just now it's Bugatti, on Monday night it was the Mini, including footage from him racing in Masters at Brands last year (I think).

Nice affectionate tributes to his favourite cars, presented by a guy who clearly both knows heat he's talking about and adores the subject. Enjoyable.

Quest is a long way down the Freeview channel list. Channel 57.
Old 16 May 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3406812)   #895
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Well thanks to Grant, I phoned Donington and got Katie's answerphone, three times.

However even though it was an international call she phoned me back and I'm booked for the day! Really looking forward to it because it is a great circuit and it's a noisy day so open pipes!
Excellent.

Very disappointed that can't be there to cheer you on!
Old 16 May 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3406850)   #896
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
A happy birthday to my old man George Streeter born on this day 1914 !
Yes he made it but will he like the bungee jump we've arranged for him ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 May 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3406855)   #897
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant, a true ton up merchant; well done George! Bungee jump might be a bit extreme, Gordon; try skate boarding.
Old 16 May 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3406856)   #898
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Brilliant.
Old 16 May 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3406895)   #899
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Excellent.

Happy Birthday George!

Did the Queen send an eMail?
Old 16 May 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3406897)   #900
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey, does she do emails now?

I can just imagine her tapping away at the Royal iPad.

"Congratulations George on reaching yr century!

You iz a true credit to our wonderful nation innit.

Keep it up. LOL!

TTFN

Liz xxx"