Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Oct 2014, 00:44 (Ref:3461546)   #876
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Yeah, I don't really care...just like GA 1.0, I'll poke in when I feel like it...i can't be bothered with anything else.
I haven't cared since Sebring. What a sad joke this has become.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3461552)   #877
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I haven't cared since Sebring. What a sad joke this has become.
havent cared, yet you continued to post all year about everything.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3461554)   #878
Gulf
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Keeping updated hoping things change and they only got worse.

Also its very entertaining watching you try and put a positive spin on everything.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 01:56 (Ref:3461563)   #879
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There is a difference between watching and actually caring...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 7 Oct 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3461564)   #880
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
There is a difference between watching and actually caring...
I watch and I care. And I tell you this thing with the Dodge Viper squad leaving is the first real gut puncher as far as entries go. Losing Muscle Milk or ESM leaving the series on a full time basis is NOTHING compared to the significance of SRT leaving. The best hope for the series right now is to a) get their act together with in-race management b) hope the rest of GTLM stays and maybe get some grid numbers in that class back up c) GT3 cars coming in 2016.

I'd rather lose half the P class, half the GTD class AND all the LMPC class before a single factory GTLM effort.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 03:07 (Ref:3461575)   #881
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Yay... trophies for everyone.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/top-pro...-le-mans-entry

Against the backdrop of the Lone Star Le Mans – the only 2014 event featuring both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and the FIA World Endurance Championship – International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) and Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) officials today unveiled an expanded program to recognize top-performing Pro-Am drivers in the Prototype (P) and GT Le Mans (GTLM) classes beginning in 2015.

The Jim Trueman Award will be utilized to recognize the top-finishing Pro-Am in the P class, while the Bob Akin Award will recognize the best Pro-Am racer in GTLM on both a per-race and season-long basis. The winners will be recognized during podium ceremonies at each TUDOR Championship event, and the highest Pro-Am points finishers in both classes will earn season-ending awards at the annual TUDOR Night of Champions.
- See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/top-pro....rkcPPV0O.dpuf
Old 7 Oct 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3461593)   #882
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if your in P, your going to need a P2 car to enter LeMans

hmm...
Old 7 Oct 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3461611)   #883
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, that may be so, but it's good to see TUSC receive a couple of Le Mans slots, even if this does seem to be a bit harsh on drivers in GTD (more competitive class) and professional teams.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3461619)   #884
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
TUSC 2015 Entries, Schedule, and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

Aw come on doesn't everyone deserve a trophy? . Me and some other forum members have been lobbying IMSA this year for a end of season award dedicated to teams who would like to there but lack money, a car, personnel and some Sunoco in the hopes of Ten Tenths AMR getting a sweet lump of plastic at the end of year presentations. Negotiations broke down after Dave Richards got involved and started his own sideline about GTLM BOP. Dunno what happened there...
Old 7 Oct 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3461670)   #885
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, the IMSA giving the winners some prize money can be used to fix their own series. Yet, they don't care as long as everybody wins! *facepalm*
Old 7 Oct 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3461784)   #886
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Viper leaving is a major mistake on Dodge's part, IMO. What likely happened is SRT tried to tell Dodge that racing is promotion, and even though sales of the Viper rose and the Vipers did real well, the sales didn't rise enough.

Thing is, (as GM understands) no one does "Win Sunday, buy Monday" any more. Corvette Racing pumps up the whole GM image, not the Corvette nameplate. The Vipers could have made the whole Dodge brand seem more sporty and relevant ("We're winning Right Now") but ... the bean-counters probably couldn't grasp the non-numerical value.

Will this hurt GTLM? Not a bit. Corvette, Porsche, BMW, and Ferrari are all there, and Lambo might be coming in 2016. GTLM loses an emotionally satisfying entry, but still has all the classic manufacturer conflicts.

BoP hurts GTLM a lot more than losing Viper, who weren't here very long (or very strong, mostly) this time anyway.

I truly hate to see them go, but I don't think this significantly weakens TUSC.

I blame Fiat/Chrysler entirely for this loss--TUSC didn't ever screw over the Vipers. Maybe somoene at Dodge decided that they already had a couple championship wins to use in their ads, so why bother any more?

Whatever. It sucks hard for the fans, but i doubt any more fans will leave just because of this.

I guarantee you I will never look at a Fiat/Chrysler product now. I was really liking the Fiat 500, but screw them. I can buy a Mini or something.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3461860)   #887
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

Will this hurt GTLM? Not a bit. Corvette, Porsche, BMW, and Ferrari are all there, and Lambo might be coming in 2016. GTLM loses an emotionally satisfying entry, but still has all the classic manufacturer conflicts.

BoP hurts GTLM a lot more than losing Viper, who weren't here very long (or very strong, mostly) this time anyway.

I truly hate to see them go, but I don't think this significantly weakens TUSC.
Don't count your chickens on a pro full season 458 yet...
Old 7 Oct 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3461861)   #888
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Don't count your chickens on a pro full season 458 yet...
From reading Risi's rant after Petit, I wouldn't count on it, either.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3461866)   #889
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Swinger View Post
From reading Risi's rant after Petit, I wouldn't count on it, either.
Everything is on the table for them at this time: GTD customer car(s), GTD + GTLM, GTE WEC, NAEC, nothing at all.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3461872)   #890
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Andretti Autosport and Chip Ganassi Racing have emerged as contenders to take over the running of BMW's United SportsCar Championship campaign from the Rahal team in 2015.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116208
Old 7 Oct 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3461876)   #891
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Yay... trophies for everyone.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/top-pro...-le-mans-entry

Against the backdrop of the Lone Star Le Mans – the only 2014 event featuring both the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and the FIA World Endurance Championship – International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) and Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) officials today unveiled an expanded program to recognize top-performing Pro-Am drivers in the Prototype (P) and GT Le Mans (GTLM) classes beginning in 2015.

The Jim Trueman Award will be utilized to recognize the top-finishing Pro-Am in the P class, while the Bob Akin Award will recognize the best Pro-Am racer in GTLM on both a per-race and season-long basis. The winners will be recognized during podium ceremonies at each TUDOR Championship event, and the highest Pro-Am points finishers in both classes will earn season-ending awards at the annual TUDOR Night of Champions.
- See more at: http://www.imsa.com/articles/top-pro....rkcPPV0O.dpuf
On the plus side, this is much better than an actual Am class a la WEC, since it is only the top-finishing entry.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3461907)   #892
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have recommended the Trueman Akin thing all along, because it gives Am drivers an incentive to expand the classes without going to actual, discrete Am classes (which I heartily dislike.)

I don't like the "Everyone who shows gets a trophy" for any sport past the age of five, but I do like drivers like Mike hedlund, whio have cash and skill and can heklp a car owner field an wentrty which otherwise wouldn't exist--and I like the way he races against the top tier, not asking for a break because he isn't a "pro."

If guys like that get a little recognition, considering the good they do for the sport, I think that's fine.

Better still, we don't have to have a bunch of three-car classes, and constant fights over who should be in which class.

TUSC has enough problems to handle; I wouldn't give them a problem over this.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3461919)   #893
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Andretti Autosport and Chip Ganassi Racing have emerged as contenders to take over the running of BMW's United SportsCar Championship campaign from the Rahal team in 2015.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116208
That is strange. I thought RLL was pretty tight with BMW.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3461921)   #894
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The rumor is that RLL will move to Prototype with a BMW-backed DP program with Dinan BMW M3-derived 4.5 liter V8s.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3461936)   #895
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The rumor is that RLL will move to Prototype with a BMW-backed DP program with Dinan BMW M3-derived 4.5 liter V8s.
...and according to this, it is just a rumour...

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10949...w-gtlm-program

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 7 Oct 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3461955)   #896
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As to who will run the GT program, it all has to do with even BMW can get the DP program off the ground and who they can get to run it.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3461974)   #897
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I watch and I care. And I tell you this thing with the Dodge Viper squad leaving is the first real gut puncher as far as entries go. Losing Muscle Milk or ESM leaving the series on a full time basis is NOTHING compared to the significance of SRT leaving.
Quote:
I blame Fiat/Chrysler entirely for this loss--TUSC didn't ever screw over the Vipers.
While the Viper program may not have been directly affected by the turmoil of the 2014 Tusc season, I think that the overall health of the series clearly affects every team that competes in IMSA.
The officiating mistakes, the wildly swinging BOP and especially the totally ridiculous lack of just balance in the supposed "premier" prototype class, has significantly tarnished the entire sport.
It is hardly surprising that manufacturers are beginning to rethink whether to continue to invest in our sport.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 02:45 (Ref:3462000)   #898
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/10951...als-2015-plans

I'd love to see a 2 car Falken team. Seems overdue to me. Perhaps they can expand with the support of a disgruntled GTD Porsche team looking for a way out of that lame duck category.

Plus I love the Porsche 911 RSR I don't think you can have enough of those around.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3462001)   #899
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please...
Old 8 Oct 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3462009)   #900
Gulf
Racer

Quote:

I blame Fiat/Chrysler entirely for this loss--TUSC didn't ever screw over the Vipers. Maybe somoene at Dodge decided that they already had a couple championship wins to use in their ads, so why bother any more?
Yes they have. TUSC screwed Viper out of a win at Sebring.