Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Aug 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3444929)   #901
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wonder why TRG are not running the second Vantage GT3 they have in PWC? I guess he has not found anybody who wants to pay for it
Old 18 Aug 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3445010)   #902
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Looks as if Dyson racing will be entering a second Bentley GT3 for the forthcoming round at Sonoma, according to the PWC facebook page. They were also teasing the fans about who may be driving this entry. The obvious guesses would be either Guy Smith, Chris Dyson or Andy Wallace.
Those are all excellent choices in my mind! But I thought they already said it was going to be Smith?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3445078)   #903
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Guy Smith is correct, see http://www.world-challenge.com/image...nd-Prix-v8.pdf
Old 18 Aug 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3445079)   #904
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Wonder why TRG are not running the second Vantage GT3 they have in PWC? I guess he has not found anybody who wants to pay for it
What makes you think they have 2 cars?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3445081)   #905
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
What makes you think they have 2 cars?
Probably the fact that they have run 2 cars in races this season
Old 18 Aug 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3445143)   #906
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Probably the fact that they have run 2 cars in races this season
I'm sure they also run a few car in this! (but only a handful or so it seems...)
Old 18 Aug 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3445158)   #907
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Those are all excellent choices in my mind! But I thought they already said it was going to be Smith?
Thanks. I must have missed the announcement where they would bring on Guy Smith for the other entry.

Quote:
A shame really, that car would add so much to the already fantastic grid. Hopefully someone can eventually purchase it and enter it.

Also, this reminds me of the one off SRT Viper from Toronto. If SRT will only treat is as a one off entry, who else do you think would be willing to run it, whether it be nationally or internationally?
Old 19 Aug 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3445292)   #908
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

A shame really, that car would add so much to the already fantastic grid. Hopefully someone can eventually purchase it and enter it.

don't think its for sale, they just want to rent it out to make money, TRG is a business

Quote:
Also, this reminds me of the one off SRT Viper from Toronto. If SRT will only treat is as a one off entry, who else do you think would be willing to run it, whether it be nationally or internationally?
To prove a point I guess
Old 21 Aug 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3445874)   #909
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really looking forward to this round.
Guy Smith should be really quick in that second Bentley. Also It's great to see the Aston V12 Vantage on the grid. Apparently, Christina Nielsen will be driving the Aston.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...tin-at-sonoma/
Old 21 Aug 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3445909)   #910
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
I guess Kevin heard us

Christina Nielsen to Drive TRG Aston Martin at Sonoma
Old 21 Aug 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3445987)   #911
Coach Ep
Veteran

That's still all 'only' about a single GT3 entry (but adding 5 cars in GTS!), don't get me wrong, a second GT3 Aston would be greatly welcomed - and make a great addition for next year as well!

Also, Nick Mancuso is done in PWC with R. Ferri Motorsports, wondering what happened there, did he wreck the car somewhere? So he's doing an one-off in Maserati Trofeo (or is that Lambos?) at VIR this weekend instead, see http://www.racer.com/north-american-...series-for-vir
Old 21 Aug 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3445996)   #912
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's still all 'only' about a single GT3 entry (but adding 5 cars in GTS!), don't get me wrong, a second GT3 Aston would be greatly welcomed - and make a great addition for next year as well!

Also, Nick Mancuso is done in PWC with R. Ferri Motorsports, wondering what happened there, did he wreck the car somewhere? So he's doing an one-off in Maserati Trofeo (or is that Lambos?) at VIR this weekend instead, see http://www.racer.com/north-american-...series-for-vir
Huh, odd one since he was pretty competitive with them. Maybe ran out of money? I assumed he was a pay driver since he started as GT-A, but who knows these days.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3446009)   #913
Coach Ep
Veteran

He's the son of Rick Mancuso who has a large exclusive cars dealership (Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, McLaren, Lotus) called Lake Forest Sportscars in the Chicagoland area and was a longtime racer himself.

Nick is a young and upcoming driver (profiled as aggressive in one the news items on the PWC website...) - much like GMG's Andrew Palmer - and moved up from GT-A to GT when he reached the overall podium (and took overall pole) as soon as Barber (only the 3rd event of the GT championship).

Ferrari of Lake Forest (dad's dealership) was the primary sponsor for Nick's Ferrari entry.

Mancuso had a coming together with Tandy in race 2 at Toronto but it certainly didn't wreck the car although he damaged the car quite a few times that weekend. Maybe that caused the deal between Mancuso sr. and Ferri to fall through?

Hopefully we'll see Mancuso jr. back next year in another Ferrari entry (Dragonspeed?), Aston Martin (TRG) or even McLaren? Dad's business certainly has ties enough!
Old 22 Aug 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3446119)   #914
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At sonoma...made it time for practice. ..The sound was glorious. .looking forward to a great weekend...
Old 22 Aug 2014, 01:28 (Ref:3446120)   #915
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome, I'll be there Sunday just for the race day.im stoked to see two bentleys that weren't at long beach and the Acura.should be fun.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3446363)   #916
Coach Ep
Veteran

Not only does his car look great but he's also really fast this weekend so far, 4th (!) in FP2 - keep it up Mike!

Old 22 Aug 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3446368)   #917
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah..mike looked quick. So did Ryan daizal (I know I spelled that wrong)...As did the mclarens. Mike, when can we bring the little guys by for a tour tomorrow?
Old 23 Aug 2014, 00:24 (Ref:3446380)   #918
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Wicked looking Ferrari! Looks great in black and yellow.
Old 23 Aug 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3446393)   #919
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys! Ya the car is pretty solid now. We had a mid 1:34 going at the end of the session which would have put us up about half a second quicker than P1 but had traffic at the end of the lap. I'm sure it was the same for everyone.

That's a sick picture btw!

schmidder, we qualify really early around 8:55AM, so any time after that and before our first race at 2:15PM. If you don't see me mulling about, just ask one of the crew guys.

If anyone else wants to check out the car feel free to stop by and I can show you around. Cheers!

-mike
Old 23 Aug 2014, 05:10 (Ref:3446424)   #920
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike just curious but can you verify if that 458 is the ex esm grand am car converted to gt3 or was it another teams? Thanks
Old 23 Aug 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3446455)   #921
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2014 SCCA World Challenge

Quote:
Not only does his car look great but he's also really fast this weekend so far, 4th (!) in FP2 - keep it up Mike!

That's an awesome pic!! Livery looks great-it's got a reverse bumblebee feel to it .

Best of luck in the race Mike
Old 23 Aug 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3446530)   #922
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Mike just curious but can you verify if that 458 is the ex esm grand am car converted to gt3 or was it another teams? Thanks
Yes, it's the ESM car that we ran in Rolex GT 2012-2013 and ESM/SMP finished 4th at Daytona with it this year before being converted back to GT3 spec for me to run PWC.

-mike
Old 23 Aug 2014, 19:37 (Ref:3446645)   #923
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, something I've wondered for a while... are you a relation to Rock?

Best of luck this weekend.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 23 Aug 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3446670)   #924
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well done Mike on getting 6th place on the last lap!

Unfortunately the director was riveted by the sight of cars spinning and retiring, but it sounded like a great late charge.
Old 23 Aug 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3446671)   #925
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Bummer, 20 minutes of fcy is not what you want to see in a 50 minute sprint race.i hope the Kia,acura,and aston get repaired in time for tomorrow but it looked like heavy damage.

Good race between dalziel and butch lietzinger,great to see mike have a great race.good job!

I'll be there tomorrow