Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Feb 2016, 01:31 (Ref:3614101)   #901
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
OK, here's my heartfelt support to Ford. I was born a couple blocks away from where Henry Ford built his Model T factory and introduced the assembly line and wages high enough so that the workers could afford the vehicles they were building.

Several revolutionary concepts introduced here.

Here's a website I did on my first visit to the Ford Museum...

http://www.lasersol.com/ford_museum.html
Old 12 Feb 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3614125)   #902
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford has hybrids and plug in hybrids with the fusion and cmax,and including the fully electric focus.ford has been producing and selling hybrids for around a decade now,long before the fancy wec lmp1 rules and those fords have been using those new fangled regenerative braking and hybrid battery packs for years now long before the p1s were running them.

Ford loses money on every hybrid they make,with the amounts of money that goes into research and development plus manufacturing and tooling to build the systems.ford loses money on hybrid vehicles,as do most other brands.they make hybrids to meet the government regulations that are getting tighter and tighter every year it seems like.plus the customers that do buy hybrids are not interested in performance or racing.hybrid buyers are fleets like cities or insurance agencies,commuters,and pretty much tree hungers who like to feel like they are making a change in the world with their close to zero emission vehicles(but fail to see the pollution that's created to make the battery and other components in other countries with less strict emissions,then put on a container ship,then on a train before delivered to the plant,kinda defeating the purpose of a close to zero emission vehicle) they could care less about what's going on at a race track in France.to them racing is a waste.

I get that we are a passionate bunch,but some need to open your eyes and realize the scam that wec lpm1 hybrid rules are.you can say road relevancy this and that,blah blah blah.but the way hybrids are used in wec are not even close to the way hybrids are used on road cars.lmp1s use them as a power boost,not as a primary power source.road cars use them as a primary power source to drive the car.p1s would be more relevant if the hybrid drive drove the car up to 80-100mph And then the engine kicked on and powered the car up to top speed.don't get me wrong the cars are cool and fast and have a lot of technology.but don't fall for the marketing scam.

Every manufacturer out there has a hybrid of some sort,but you don't see them racing at Le Mans.no point to shame on ford because they don't want to spend money in p1 when they've been spending money on r&d already and producing hybrids without ever turning a lap.no point shaming on ford because of your love for the vag bros in p1,who both should be ashamed of with the vw tdi scam p1 is tip toeing on ice and the final out come of the "diesel gate" may break the ice,it's already been cracked with the two car only at Le Mans this year.....
Old 12 Feb 2016, 06:38 (Ref:3614126)   #903
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Something for us to get into a good marketing hype discussion about:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...-two-cars.html

Or do they think they will have reliability problems on a car?

:

Why did audi run four cars at Le Mans in 2012 when the etron Quattro debuted? Two e-trons and two r18 plus,with Peugeot planing to do the same thing before they got axed.what did they think,reliability?
Old 12 Feb 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3614176)   #904
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Why did audi run four cars at Le Mans in 2012 when the etron Quattro debuted? Two e-trons and two r18 plus,with Peugeot planing to do the same thing before they got axed.what did they think,reliability?
Redundancy for hybrid issues I think.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3614218)   #905
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Cool to see 3 Fords at Daytona already!

Old 12 Feb 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3614229)   #906
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Design convergance!
Old 13 Feb 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3614482)   #907
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Cool to see 3 Fords at Daytona already!

Great photo! As you know, Ford and Ferrari have a bit of history.

With the Ford GT, I think the only thing missing is a propulsion system that mounts right in the middle of that rear with those big holes.

What if... Ford is planning to use Compressed Air storage for braking and energy recovery and then use those compressed gasses for acceleration releases through a big burst of compressed air release out that rear?

Talking about a rocketship!
Old 14 Feb 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3614537)   #908
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere that they fixed a radar and a camera inside those two holes
Old 16 Feb 2016, 11:51 (Ref:3615083)   #909
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
But then again that's what some say that the spirit of the Maserati MC12 was, or that it went against that spirit because Maserati/Ferrari/Fiat released photos of the race car before the road car.
Sorry for late quote, and slight off topic. But this is one of the biggest bummers in the GT world in the last 15 years in my opnion, that we never got to see the MC12 at full speed at Le Mans up against the Corvettes and Astons.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3615265)   #910
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Sorry for late quote, and slight off topic. But this is one of the biggest bummers in the GT world in the last 15 years in my opnion, that we never got to see the MC12 at full speed at Le Mans up against the Corvettes and Astons.
Maybe in FIA GT trim, and under Vitaphone reign, it would have had chance against factory C6.R and DBR9, but not if anywhere near ALMS-mandated specs
Old 27 Feb 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3618236)   #911
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why the change from Muke to Dixon?
Old 27 Feb 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3618243)   #912
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Why the change from Muke to Dixon?

My guess is Stefan will be off prepping for WEC
Old 27 Feb 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3618253)   #913
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
While this Ford GT might move the bar a little, ultimately I don't see this as the same issues as the MC12 had. First, I don't believe Ford designed a race car primarily, and the built a few road versions to homologate the race version. The MC12 was just a race car, the road version an after thought.

Second, the MC12 didn't even follow the regulations, with it being wider and cockpit wider than the regulations stated at the time. Had they actually built it, to the correct dimensions, it probably would have been allowed to race in ACO races.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3618314)   #914
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Then gte started allowing > 2000mm wide cars. Kinda funny if you ask me. Another issue was the aero. I remember it trying alms for a bit, but neutered (rear wing smaller, overhangs shorter etc). Ford is a ways from the other gte's, but it fits the class. I hope it moves the class up a notch in terms of competing cars.
Old 28 Feb 2016, 20:48 (Ref:3618481)   #915
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beyond the fact that MC12 was accepted only in FIA GT, never accepted at le mans and in ALMS sometimes wasn't allowed to points; need to remember that, except 2010, vitaphone racing faced only small and unbacked private teams like carsport, KplusK, lucalphand etc... that barely had the budget to field their cars race by race, while in 2009 vitaphone was able to field 3 MC12 in second half of the season...
against corvette racing and prodrive AMR, they couldn't get a chance!
Old 7 Mar 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3620852)   #916
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quick Ford question. I'm sure the info is out there but struggling to find it.

Where is the Ford UK base? I'm assuming it's where the Multimatic facility is? Is it near Silverstone?
Old 7 Mar 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3620924)   #917
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Where is the Ford UK base? I'm assuming it's where the Multimatic facility is? Is it near Silverstone?
Here you go.

http://careers.multimatic.com/?career_id=419

L.P.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 21:57 (Ref:3621033)   #918
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

The former Triple Eight facility in Banbury.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3622669)   #919
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver line ups confirmed

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...te-effort.html

'The No. 66 Ford GT will be raced by a formidable line-up featuring German Stefan Mücke, Frenchman Olivier Pla and American Billy Johnson, while Scot Marino Franchitti, Guernsey-based Andy Priaulx and Englishman Harry Tincknell form a very strong squad in the No. 67 Ford GT.'

'The No. 68 Ford GT line-up of American Joey Hand and German Dirk Müller will be strengthened by the addition of Frenchman Sébastien Bourdais at Le Mans, with New Zealander Scott Dixon joining Englishman Richard Westbrook and Australian Ryan Briscoe in the No. 69 car.'
Old 14 Mar 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3622677)   #920
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did not expect to see Tincknell there, good pickup!
Old 14 Mar 2016, 12:47 (Ref:3622680)   #921
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Dixon in the #69. My question is: will that car consistently go a lap longer on fuel than absolutely everyone else while he's driving?
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3622695)   #922
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will there be special oneoff liveries for Le Mans?
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3622698)   #923
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Will there be special oneoff liveries for Le Mans?
I would love to see them go with the factory colors from 1966

Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3622702)   #924
Deleted
Veteran

As long as it's not Gulf colors (bored to tears with them now with Aston etc) I'm all in for nostalgia specials.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3622706)   #925
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
As long as it's not Gulf colors (bored to tears with them now with Aston etc) I'm all in for nostalgia specials.
Considering Castrol is one of the project's major sponsors, I would guess that a Gulf livery is out of the equation.