Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Aug 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3446672)   #926
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well done Mike on getting 6th place on the last lap!

Unfortunately the director was riveted by the sight of cars spinning and retiring, but it sounded like a great late charge.
I don't know the cameras are always intermittently pointed at cars irrelevant to the race and even confuses the announcers.its annoying and almost at the same level as alms espn production incompetence!

But yes great job MIKE,
Old 23 Aug 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3446674)   #927
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Well done Mike on getting 6th place on the last lap!
^
Great Job Mike!
Where are you starting for Tomorrows race?
Old 23 Aug 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3446676)   #928
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shortened, but otherwise a fantastic race.
I love World Challenge!
Old 23 Aug 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3446687)   #929
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I missed it. Is it on youtube yet?
Old 24 Aug 2014, 00:38 (Ref:3446705)   #930
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only caught the last bit of the race.

What happen to the Caddies?
Old 24 Aug 2014, 00:55 (Ref:3446707)   #931
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad setup I'd guess,maybe the gt3s have finally figured it out,or sonoma is just more suited to the gt3 machines......
Old 24 Aug 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3446720)   #932
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks everyone! Was a really tough race with slippery conditions.. a lot of oil was down throughout the entire track. Fun race though, even though it was only good for P6. Lots of good clean racing once we restarted the race after the first lap start/crash.

Tim, I'm not sure who that is.. so probably not related! :-)

-mike
Old 24 Aug 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3446724)   #933
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race. Thanks to mike for letting our kids get in the car and hospitality. And great result mike. I have to say I wasn't sure I would..but those Bentleys are really cool
Old 24 Aug 2014, 03:20 (Ref:3446725)   #934
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
No problem schmidder, my pleasure! Looked like the kids got a kick out of it!

Btw, here's a link to my helmet cam video from the start of the race. A little crazy there... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCHxp6OjYY0

-mike
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:26 (Ref:3446887)   #935
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
How about the earthquake last night??? Holly crap..Scared the sh!& out of me..can't believe the trailer stayed put the way it was moving. Haven't seen the tv news yet, but I am certain there was damage locally. Epicenter was very close to track...
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:30 (Ref:3446889)   #936
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Mike..The video was great. ..way to hold off pilgrim there. And seeing guy smith go around at the exit of the carousel was wild...thanks for sharing
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3446891)   #937
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
How about the earthquake last night??? Holly crap..Scared the sh!& out of me..can't believe the trailer stayed put the way it was moving. Haven't seen the tv news yet, but I am certain there was damage locally. Epicenter was very close to track...
Lets hope the track did not get damaged
Old 24 Aug 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3446893)   #938
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Indy promo laps are going now...
Old 24 Aug 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3447073)   #939
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
No problem schmidder, my pleasure! Looked like the kids got a kick out of it!

Btw, here's a link to my helmet cam video from the start of the race. A little crazy there... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCHxp6OjYY0

-mike
A: that looks like an intense experience off the line.

B: that Ferrari sounds awesome!

Best of luck in round two Mike.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3447087)   #940
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Gosh, what is up with Jeremy Shaw, voice doesn't sound to well. He sounded just fine during yesterdays race.
Old 24 Aug 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3447089)   #941
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That was a great first lap from Mike, not taking any **** from the Bentley or Cadillac!
Old 25 Aug 2014, 00:13 (Ref:3447100)   #942
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
A couple of great passes my Mike ... while the director showed us the GTS cars trundling around. Podium on the cards?

Oh, and Shaw does have a dodgy throat, must have had a very rough night.

Edit - That was a bit naughty from Skeen, and fate has punished him with a puncture.

Edit edit - Nasty crash for #50 GTS Mustang on the outside of Turn 1, race will probably end under yellow. Hope he's ok first of all.

Last edited by J Jay; 25 Aug 2014 at 00:20.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3447108)   #943
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A great race from World Challenge, again! Glad to see one of the McLarens with a strong run.

Great run both days, Mike! And to echo what everyone else said about the Ferrari, the black and yellow looks fabulous!

Hope Dean Martin's OK, that was a nasty crash.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 01:14 (Ref:3447121)   #944
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
A great race from World Challenge, again! Glad to see one of the McLarens with a strong run.

Great run both days, Mike! And to echo what everyone else said about the Ferrari, the black and yellow looks fabulous!

Hope Dean Martin's OK, that was a nasty crash.
Dean reported on Facebook he was released from Medical, but going to get an x-ray on his foot to see if he broke it. Says he blew the right rear tire while turning in. The car is totaled. Which is a shame. He runs the shop and builds his cars using money from building other cars like mine and selling Ford race parts. Hopefully he will be able to get another car together to finish out the season if his foot isn't broken.

Cheyne
Old 25 Aug 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3447135)   #945
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
World Challenge has been really great this season.
Awesome cars + fantastic racing = 1 really cool racing series!
Old 25 Aug 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3447175)   #946
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
What a race MIKE!! Way to stick it to the Cadillacs and bentleys,a shame it finished early because you had Thorne. I was at the top of turn 2 and every lap you were on him.i was paying attention to you on the video board right when dean hit the bridge.you had Thorne going into one and you would of had him at 2.

Great race and glad to hear dean is ok,it was a hard loud hit and parts went every where.PWC has something going in gt and gta,that big pack of gt3s storming up turn 2 was awesome.with the short green time the race had I say it was more exciting than Indy car and Indy lights.my girlfriend was even cheering for mike,it was fun!! A full hour of green would of been awesome,but was still great!

Oh and those bentleys are glorious!!!
Old 25 Aug 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3447177)   #947
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
I don't think Skeen had it coming. O'Connell was parking that Cadillac and taking a defensive line in every corner for the first 25 minutes of the race..I don't blame Johnny. .but he had to know Skeen was going to try again and again..He was way faster.

Mike hedlund was fun as hell to watch in race two..great job I hope you find a way to stay in the series..you definitely have the skill.

The wc cars were so much better to watch than the indy cars. Really no on track passing for any significant positions at sonoma. Pretty boring.

Anyone else notice the sears point branding coming back...are they going back to that name?

Also..how was today's grid for wc set?
Old 25 Aug 2014, 05:50 (Ref:3447180)   #948
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Yea Indy got pretty boring up until power spun and there was a three way battle for a while.

For PWC race two grid is determined usually by fastest race lap from race one.dyson needs to work on getting those bentleys to launch,besides that they are awesome cars!!

Also my camera ran out of battery right as the world challenge grid was taking its pace lap!!! So I didn't get a chance to take any good pics of the awesomeness!

Last edited by Lagunaseca_4life; 25 Aug 2014 at 05:57.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3447281)   #949
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Didn't get to see both races yet (thanks to other commitments and a crappy connection - probably on our part, anyone else suffering on the live steam?), but try to catch up quickly.

For now congrats to Mike Hedlund, two great results, bet you could almost sniff the podium, I'm sure you turned a few heads there!

Also, being able to watch most of the Tudor race at VIR it really makes me wish PWC would run there, such an awesome track!
Old 25 Aug 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3447369)   #950
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Thanks for the kind words guys! Sunday was a lot of fun.. it's always nice being able to fight with the fast guys. I wish I'd have known the McLaren and I were fighting for 3rd.. I thought we were fighting over 5th or 6th!!! I caught him really fast and they're faster on the straights so I was trying to get by cleanly but he was making it very hard. I knew I'd get him by the end (wasn't planning for the FCY....)... but if I had known it was for a podium I'd have forced the issue as soon as I caught him so I'd have had a chance to catch up to Ryan.

Oh well, still had a stupid amount of fun battling with everyone. Really fun weekend with a new team. Would have been perfect to get them a podium in their first PWC event, but that's racing! :-)

-mike